• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Going to visit Nelson Perf.

Big Tool

After talking to a couple different tuners i decided to go with nelson performance.  His entire staff seemed very knowledgable.  I still haven't been able to talk to allen though  :(  I was going to just mail it in, but i'm somehwat hesitant about jerking out my pcm on a new truck.  Me and the g/f didn't have anything planned for spring break so we decided to go visit nelson performance in San Antonio. I'm just so ready to get away from MS for a while and  I've never been there so i get a trip and a tune. :D    I've got a couple week till i head out, so i'm debating about getting some exhaust work done and a CAI.  I was thinking about getting a corsa exhaust, but i just can't possibly justify spending a grand on exhaust when i only keep a vehicle for at most 3yrs.  My only concern with a custom exhaust is exhaust drone with the DOD system on the new gm motors.  Do any of you guys have a custom exhaust on the New GM engines?  Does the 4-8 cause noticable exhaust drone?  What is a good muffler that will be comparable to the tone of a corsa touring setup? 

Next question is if the GM CAI is worth wasting money on.  It's the only one i'm really considering "no oil filters"  Will it let me gain more from the tune? 

Oh btw it's going on a 07 sierra 6.0, i'm looking to gain power across the entire power band.  I tow sometimes at most 8,000lbs.  Thanks guys :wave:

Big Tool said:
After talking to a couple different tuners i decided to go with nelson performance.? His entire staff seemed very knowledgable.? I still haven't been able to talk to allen though? :(? I was going to just mail it in, but i'm somehwat hesitant about jerking out my pcm on a new truck.? Me and the g/f didn't have anything planned for spring break so we decided to go visit nelson performance in San Antonio. I'm just so ready to get away from MS for a while and? I've never been there so i get a trip and a tune. :D? ? I've got a couple week till i head out, so i'm debating about getting some exhaust work done and a CAI.? I was thinking about getting a corsa exhaust, but i just can't possibly justify spending a grand on exhaust when i only keep a vehicle for at most 3yrs.? My only concern with a custom exhaust is exhaust drone with the DOD system on the new gm motors.? Do any of you guys have a custom exhaust on the New GM engines?? Does the 4-8 cause noticable exhaust drone?? What is a good muffler that will be comparable to the tone of a corsa touring setup??

Next question is if the GM CAI is worth wasting money on.? It's the only one i'm really considering "no oil filters"? Will it let me gain more from the tune??

Oh btw it's going on a 07 sierra 6.0, i'm looking to gain power across the entire power band.? I tow sometimes at most 8,000lbs.? Thanks guys :wave:

You made the correct choice by going to Allen... Allen will send you a tuned PCM to swap out on your end... or if you had HP Tuners you could upload his tunes on your end into the PCM... he would send those by Email..... I know you probably do not want to learn to tune, but it would be easy to log the truck and send him the results so he could fine tune your truck...

That is how all of my madness started... :wave:

and on the exhaust.. I tried a lot of setups and kept my Borla... :love:

Back