• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What Is A Used Hypertech Worth?

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
I am trying to work out a deal for a used Hypertech power progammer for my 2002 Z66. The part number is 30012, is this the one that I need?? He has bought a 2003 and cannot use it so he has removed the program from his '02 and put it up for sale. I have offered $185 shipped to me. Is this a good deal for a used one? Here is part of a E-mail he sent me:

The part # is 30012 and I do have the box, the
instructions, and all the cables, etc.

Thanks, Butch

If he sold it for $185 you better run with it...

30012 is correct for a 2002 ...

My experience is between $250-$280 as a fair price...

I just bought one off ebay from a local guy; used, but I checket it out first... I paid him $245 cash, and he handed it to me after I verified it worked...

Hypertech should warranty the unit if you have a problem... No matter if you are 1st owner or not... They have never asked me for proof of purch... If you ever have a prob with the unit, make SURE you talk to JD at Hypertech... He's cool ...

11H

GREAT! I just made the deal and he ended the auction at ebay and sold it to me for $185. All I had to do was ask! He is even going to ship it for free and said he will pack it very well.

11H, I might need to pick your brain a little.......I am trying to get a little more power while towing my camper. I don't tow it a lot but last summer I towed it down to Tennessee and it really grunted hard in some of those bigger hills! It is about a 5700LB camper. I have a Z66 with 373's. So far I have added a Vortech muffler with dual into one pipe like the factory one and a K&N drop in filter. I would not mind programing it to use premium gas in the summer if you think that will give a little bang for the buck while towing. I know that you have posted the best shift points for the Hypertech but I can't find them now. DO you have a good feel of what will be the best settings for towing and what do you think of the PREIMUM FUEL set-up for towing? Do you have any other good ideas that will help me for not a lot of $$$?? I have been reading about the 8.5 wires and don't know if I really need them or not.

Thanks in advance for any help, Butch

If everything goes as planned, I will have a used 2 times HPIII for sale as well. ?It s in the original box, cable and owners manual.....heck it even has the original box it was sent to me in with the original styrofoam peanuts!! ?They ought to be worth something >:D ?I will be selling it for $200 and the buyer pays the shipping. ?CorvetteJoe has first refusal since he knew about it first.

Wiki

Used 2 times means programed my AV and then returned it to stock.

$185 is a screamin' deal for an HPP3. I know I wouldn't sell mine that low.

I think your idea of setting up for 93 octane for towing has merit. As for setting the shift points, that enhances performance under WOT (wide open throttle). It will not change your shift points under normal part-throttle driving. I would however recommend setting the shifting to "firm". If you want to have some fun, go ahead and try 1-2 @ +2, 2-3 @ +9 and 3-4 @ +9 as a starting point. You can safely leave these shift points installed while towing as they only come into play at WOT. Have fun! ;D

LazKat said:
Wiki, ?let me know if CorvetteJoe doesn't come through...
PlanetAV has informed me the CJ does want it. Let me check with him, and I will let you know something.

Wiki

Back