• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Region III Is Looking For Coordinators!

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
I have been appointed to the new position of Region III Coordinator. All Regions now have a RC and part of their responsibility is to work with the National Coordinator, local CC's and members in the Region. We also send in recommendations for new Cruise Coordinators and there is a need for several of these positions to be filled here in Region III.

Here is the list of Regions III Coordinators, you will see several states that are blank, they have no Coordinators at this time. We need to fill these slots to grow the Region III activity! If you feel that you meet the requirements as described below please PM me or post in this thread. If you know someone who would make a great CC please let me know!

Regional Coordinator - BigC Mich
Illinois -
Iowa -
Indiana -  Z66 BUTCH, Didit, LakeFX
Kansas -
Michigan -  Sirshopolot, , DZ
Minnesota - sennister
Missouri - mysecndfvride
Nebraska -  
North Dakota -
South Dakota - peekingduck
Wisconsin - jimbo53188
Nebraska -  

Here is the position description and the requirements for becoming a CC, this is copied from HERE:

A CAFCNA CC is someone who develops cruises, get-togethers, meets  and local membership for a particular state and/or region.  

The job of a CAFCNA CC is not to be taken lightly.  What?s involved?

A CAFCNA CC can expect to do the following:
- Organize small local get-togethers.
- Work with members having small get-togethers.
- Organize large cruises/get-togethers.
- Work with other CAFCNA CC on very large meets/cruise/get-togethers.
- Promote CAFCNA to members and possible new members.
- Plan activities to allow members to socialize at your get-togethers.
- Help new CAFCNA members.
- Keep forum discussion alive in your state/region.
- Recruit club members locally and online and get them to attend your functions.
- Actively solicit the support and aid from local Chevrolet and Cadillac dealerships (CAFCNA is NON-commercial).
- Serve as a point of contact in the forums, by e-mail, and by phone .

It?s not a fulltime job, but it?s not something that you can give two-hours of time to and it?s all done. The good news is that as your club grows people will start stepping forward to do some of the above tasks. The real problem is getting that first successful meeting. All told to properly setup and recruit for your first large cruise expect to spend 10 to 30 hours of time over a two-month period, that includes scouting out your route. To setup a small get-together will take less time and is a good way to practice for the bigger events.

The process of becoming a CAFCNA CC is actually fairly simple -
1. Candidate is an active member of CAFCNA in the local area in which they wish to represent.

2. Candidate should be nominated (send to appropriate Regional coordinator) to the position by member(s) from the state and/or area; in the case of an area with very little activity, a member may make a request to the Regional coordinator to become a CC.

3. CAFCNA Staff will discuss the individual's qualifications and vote as to whether candidate would make a good CAFCNA CC based on their activity on & off the site.

If the the above 3 are met then the staff will discuss with candidate and give candidate a CC bowtie.

If ya have any questions send a PM to a staff member.

If you feel that you meet the requirements and will make a good CC or know someone who will, please post up here or just PM me. Remember I am not the one choosing the CC's but will make the nominitions to the CAFCNA Staff. With your help we can grow the Region to make it the most active Region in the club!

Butch

I'd add that you don't have to be a CC to organize a GTG or cruise. If you need any help or advice just ask Butch? :wave:? or any of us. Get a handful of trucks/people together and you'll want to do it again & again. Maybe become a CC later.

Warning: CAFCNA GTGs and truck modifications may be addicting

Loren

Thanks Loren, I always tell members that! I just forgot this time.........or maybe I am trying to get someone to step up and become a CC!  >:D

Butch

I nominate myself for western/central Illinois CC  :cool:

BlueDevil said:
I nominate myself for western/central Illinois CC? :cool:

COOL! The Admins are working on another member for Region III that I sent to them, after he is approved I will pass your name on.

Butch

Butch - i know you got a few for Indiana already...
but i toss my name into the hat for helping in Northern Indiana, dont think we have many members up here as of now... but that'll hopefully change soon!

Not asking to take on a whole lot here, just to be a little more involved.
Dont travel much, kinda depends on scheduling due to the construction industry being so unsteady...

But I really enjoyed the GTG this weekend, wasn't too crowded, but I really enjoyed the folks who showed up, feel a desire to be more involved.  See what you guys started...

Hope the trip home went smoothly

DZ is our newest CC in Michigan taking over for MS03!!

Thanks Byron for recommending DZ!!  (y)

Thanks for the reminder. I do need the help, it is hell getting old............. :mad:

http://www.bothamvineyards.com/vc.html

Every year this vineyard and winery has a "vintage" celebration which includes a drive to the SW WI area (Barneveld, WI) and a curvy drive in the country to a Vineyard to see the vintage car celebration were cars are so unique that even muscle cars seem out of place.  The owners also compete for period costume.  This event includes a wonderful hill top vista, live music, cars, food and wine.  What is not to love? I will be passing through there on Sunday and will stop, but if you are looking for a Sunday drive, it is a must see and potential 2012 mid-west gtg site.  (y)

Hi Biggie, BigC Mich is the Regional CC now days.

Biggie said:
i'd be more then willing to step up by the end of the year..

soon as i stop being so picky..

and get a truck..

=D

Thanks for the offer.  Let's keep in touch and start planning some GTG's.  Any help you may need I can give you suggestions. 

Z66 BUTCH said:
BigC Mich is the Regional CC now days.

Hey Butch, you're still listed as RCC in the first post list  :wave: 

About Cruise Coordinators. Michigan was inactive when I volunteered, when I gave up ygmn asked me to give it another shot. Thanks ygmn  (y)  I was a lousy CC in many ways but I must have did something right, got the MI chapter snowball rolling and still give it a nudge now and then.

I live in Iowa and would like to become a Coordinator. I think it would be a great way to bring a bunch of the avalanches together that I always see driving around my campus. Also think it would be beneficial to coordinate with other truck groups that I meet with around Iowa.

Back