• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM/CD

ching

Question anyone: When I have XM on in the front, the rear radio system doesn't allow the passenger to switch stations, unless I (driver) switch over to CD! 

XM, EXternal CD and RSE can only be selected one at a time and are not "dual" tuned or tracked.

The (factory) head unit itself can do this. One mode can operate independantly from the other, within the HU and ONE of the external devices (EXternal CD, RSE or XM).

The external devices also share a common audio bus and as a result can only be operated one at a time.
Av's do not normally have an EXternal CD (from the factory).

RSE is the "Rear Seat Entertainment" system option.

Confusing, isn't it! :rolleyes:

Thank you. Sounds like you know your communication devices!  Since I am a woman, the only thing I really understood was that I needed to buy something!
Thanks again

I retired from public safety communications and hold two major certificates plus an FCC general class "radiotelephone" license. :)

But I just tinker with the stuff here now. :)

If you have any more questions regarding your truck, there are many folks here who are well qualified and would be happy to help you & answer them.

And BTW, :welcome:  to CAFCNA!

Thanks again. I originally became a member in 2005ish. Couldn't remember my login, pw and couldn't figure it out? My brother BES4420 has an Av and well, I just had to have one. This truck is amazing and beautiful. 2004, Z-71, CLADDING!! Maroon, Leather, XM of course, pretty much everything that I wanted!!
This site is great! Thanks

Enjoy! :) And of course, you made a really great choice of vehicle!  :love: :B:

Back