• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sirius Adapter for 07 Av

djs819

Just for the record I contacted Sirius and got the following response:

"Thank you for contacting SIRIUS regarding the GM SIRIUS Connect tuner
being compatible with a 2007 Chevrolet avalanche.  We are glad to help!

The GM SIRIUS Connect is only compatible with 2003-2006 Avalanche
vehicles (must have BAND button).  We do not have any information for
you about coming out with a GM SIRIUS Connect 2.  Please keep an eye on
www.sirius.com for more information about new equipment."

:p :p :p :p

Oh well, I'll let the XM fade away at 3 months and get an add on tuner until the Connect 2 is available. . . .

DJS819
:needhug:

I think we need to keep this subject on top so folks can see that the SIR-GM1 does NOT work in the '07 (and on) Avalanche or any new GM that has the GM LAN 29bit data system(all GMT900 SUV's & Trucks, most of the cars, etc).

I picked up a StreamerGT to try out Sirius as they have taken ALL of the decent sports oriented talk programming that we use for commute time-killers.  I think it's made a convert out of me so....

Where is a good spot to run an antenna wire to the outside of the vehicle?  It's just WAY too cold to spend alot of time outside right now trying to find a good place!

Thanks for the info djs.

I ran the antenna wire from the dash down under the door sill cover, up behind the panel between the driver and back door (where the seat belt attached) over the headliner to the back center.  Then I went out following the wires for the third brake light.  My antenna has the magnetic kind so I just stuck it right in the middle of the roof.  Hint: Take out your overhead light and it is real easy to fish the wire through with a coat hanger.  Took me about 40 minutes. Good luck!

rch07av said:
I ran the antenna wire from the dash down under the door sill cover, up behind the panel between the driver and back door (where the seat belt attached) over the headliner to the back center.? Then I went out following the wires for the third brake light.? My antenna has the magnetic kind so I just stuck it right in the middle of the roof.? Hint: Take out your overhead light and it is real easy to fish the wire through with a coat hanger.? Took me about 40 minutes. Good luck!
Nice.. thanks!  :cool:

Here we going, gotta wait til spring, of course.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/ces-siriusconnect-adapter-for-gmlan-vehicles.html

It appears that if the merger goes through you will not need any equipment to get Sirius, you will be able to use XM equipment because they will combine their services. The CEO of Sirius said today that subscribers (XM and Sirius) will not have to purchase new equipment .  However, that may take a year or more.  Additionally, if they do merge I don't believe they will spend the resources to develop another GM SIR1 for the 2007's. 

I emailed Directed and this was there response for Sirius connector:

ORIGINAL REQUEST:
Have you or will you devlope a sirius connector that will work with GM LAN Head untit? . 2007 Avalanch with BOSE and Navagation. .

The Reply:
hi That part GMLSC1 is still being tested and does not have a current ETA. It is expected before year end. .

This is good news for me. . . . I really do not like the extra piece on the dash after spending some premium dollars for navigation

Back