• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Feb. 2007 Snow storm

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
I know if you live in Region III you are probably digging out from our latest snow storm. Really here in central Indiana we have been lucky this year, there were big snows all around us but most of them missed us. Not this one! We got about 13" with wind gusts up to 40mph! Here are a few pictures of what I am dealing with. What did you get?

I woke up at 2:30AM, couldn't get back to sleep. Got on the computer, drank coffee. At 4:30AM I was out shoveling snow, I don't have a snow blower. Have a blade for my garden tractor but we did not put it on this year........our son works for a landscape company and said he will plow my snow this year. After clearing a little area in the yard for our short legged dogs to go out in yesterday I decided to clear a path leading to their chute into their pen. Our dogs can get to their pen from our porch through a plastic drainage pipe that I installed last year. The pictures you will see how much snow is piled up on a picnic bench. Of course I had to shovel out a area inside of the pen. Rudy can kind of walk on top of the snow but Max sinks and then has to plow through it!

The whole corner of the porch was piled up and it is under roof!

Attachments

• Rudy Porch.jpg
    Rudy Porch.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Rudy Pen Snow.jpg
    Rudy Pen Snow.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Max Pen Snow.jpg
    Max Pen Snow.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Bench Porch.jpg
    Bench Porch.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 96
Next I started shoveling the sidewalk. I got about half done a was worn out not to mention that there is no way I could get out of my drive anyway until it gets plowed. I stopped in a area that was only about 5"-6" deep but there was a big drift coming up......I figured maybe I can get my son to finish IF he gets out here with that plow!

The 3rd picture shows snow plowed up from a neighbors drive. My drive comes in between those two trees........

4th picture shows a 3 to 4 foot drift right across the drive.

Butch

Attachments

• Sidewalk Snow.jpg
    Sidewalk Snow.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 96
  • Bench Snow.jpg
    Bench Snow.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 96
  • Drive Road.jpg
    Drive Road.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Garage Drive Snow.jpg
    Garage Drive Snow.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 96
Next is a picture looking from the sidewalk across the drive to the garage.

Last is the Avalanche, I thought about parking it in the garage for this storm but I remember what usually happens. I tucked it in real good in the carport and it got just a little snow on it!

Butch

Attachments

• Garage Snow.jpg
    Garage Snow.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Avalanche Snow.jpg
    Avalanche Snow.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 96
We got about 5" in O'Fallon but with the wind blowing we had drifts also. I had no problems getting around. I shoveled for over an hour last night after work. I cleaned the driveway (3 cars wide) and sidewalk. Part of the driveway had 18" drifts.

On a side note, what are you doing with that old Van Brunt grain drill in the last picture? I just bought one this winter to use for food plots on the farm.

MyBigToy said:
We got about 5" in O'Fallon but with the wind blowing we had drifts also. I had no problems getting around. I shoveled for over an hour last night after work. I cleaned the driveway (3 cars wide) and sidewalk. Part of the driveway had 18" drifts.

On a side note, what are you doing with that old Van Brunt grain drill in the last picture? I just bought one this winter to use for food plots on the farm.

No, I have a Z66. With a little work I am sure I could get out but don't need to so I will wait on the plow! Mine is lowered so that won't help a lot in deep snow.........

We use the grain drill to plant flowers in in the summer. Usually we plant morning glories, something that will vine and cover up the fact that it needs painted!

Butch

Let me clarify, we plant the morning glories IN THE DRILL! I open the seed box doors then lay a bag of potting soil in each one. Then I slit the bag open and plant right in those bags.

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
Let me clarify, we plant the morning glories IN THE DRILL! I open the seed box doors then lay a bag of potting soil in each one. Then I slit the bag open and plant right in those bags.

Butch

Here I was gonna give you credit for being such a hard working midwest farmer type. LOL.
Keep warm and I hope that snow melts soon.

Shayne

normal_PICT2589.JPG

Here is my ice covered Av! This was taken in Columbus, Ohio on Tuesday about 5pm

Z66 Butch, those are awesome pics, I love the bench in the snow pic. Makes me shiver just lookin' at it! Makes for beautiful pics, but equates to a lot of back labor!!  :cool:

Back