• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cabela's GTG Sat. April 7

Cabela's AM/PM or lunch

• Cabela's then lunch

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • lunch then Cabela's

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • just lunch

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • either way but I'm eating

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

FLINTaVa

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
cabela07banner.jpg

This should be our annual spring GTG at Cabela's in Dundee, MI. Click the link and then map for location.

Lunch at Applebee's about 1:00 PM, it's right out in front of Cabela's
About 17 miles north of Ohio off US-23, you can't miss it.

Meet & Greet before and/or after lunch. Park way out so Cabela's entrance is in sight to your left, same place we parked last two Cabela's GTGs. Arrive before/after or just for lunch. I'll arrive by Noon and plan to shop in Cabela's after lunch and hangout for a while. Applebee's is adjacent to Cabela's, easiest for everyone to find the Avalanches no matter what time they show up.

Possible attendence: there are more but I have to (do a search)

Flint4x4 + 1
MichiganSilver03
Sirshopolot
Shels Land
AVid??
INresponse?
TKE927
ButchZ66?
GoldBowtie
Intimidatoruag?
MickAV
smokeyofthesea
NorthFace-no more
dtreb
wags
dropzone
805dre
mikeraines
OldVMer

Sounds good, Loren. I am available anytime that day! I like your idea of meeting at Cabela's in the am, then lunch, then back to Cabela's to be able to meet everyone's needs.

Lunch at 1pm is probably pretty universal.

Applebees is within sight of Cabela's or El Charro is across the road, maybe Wilderness Sports Bar & Grille nearby ? Red Lobster ? Here's a link and you can forward it for more places in Dundee Eats in Dundee

I want to keep it close to Cabela's, make it simple as possible for anyone to just jump in off US-23 and find us. Same as last 2 times, park way out so Cabela's entrance is in sight sorta left. We'll have a sitdown lunch/dinner but it's OK if you have other plans, we won't be offended if you stop & shop. Once I start a list,...

Being Easter weekend I don't want you to interupt family gatherings, (unless you have family members you really want to avoid)  >:D  I bet we all have a few of those.

Loren

Is this the same weekend we done last year?

I did like lounging around outside Cabelas talking trucks then going to eat dinner but that didn't leave any time to shop.  If we eat dinner then go to Cabelas I might be torn between shopping and talking trucks.  ???  :E:

Sirshopolot said:
Is this the same weekend we done last year?

I did like lounging around outside Cabelas talking trucks then going to eat dinner but that didn't leave any time to shop.? If we eat dinner then go to Cabelas I might be torn between shopping and talking trucks.? ???? :E:

Should be no conflict there, (my wife might get bored but that's her problem)  >:D  I want to leave it open for before or after shopping at Cabela's or the many places springing up nearby. If weather is nasty we won't be talking trucks in the parking lot but we can wander the huge Cabela's store (3rd largest Cabela's)

Little too far away for me to make definite plans yet. Sure would like to go, time will tell.

AVid

OK,  We are planning on being there.  Probably the Cabelas then lunch schedule, but we will be there.  I would vote for an earlier lunch in case I need to get home for dinner somewhere.  :B:

I'm in, first GTG I should be able to make.  Anybody going to be doing any mods, or is it just a meet and greet?  Either way, I am looking forward to it! :cheers:

Lunch time/place is undecided but the plan is to keep it close to Cabela's. It is Easter weekend so many people have Friday thru Monday off, noon on Saturday will likely be very busy at lunch and many places don't take reservations for times before 2:00 PM.

Jose's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina might, they enjoyed our company last year.
(I can lead the let's get us lost on the way to Jose's cruise again) ? :0:

I'm trying to get the lunch time set so folks can either Shop/Meet/EAT/Meet/Shop.

Loren

TKE927 said:
I'm in, first GTG I should be able to make.? Anybody going to be doing any mods, or is it just a meet and greet?? Either way, I am looking forward to it! :cheers:

Mods would be weather permitting, looking forward to meeting you too. We've had others express interest, I'm trying to get us all on the same page. I fixed the first post and started a list, I'll need a head count if we need to make a reservation for lunch.

I'm thinking,... Applebee's is right adjacent to Cabela's huge lot. No reservations needed, I don't care what time lunch is and I'm not real particular about what I eat.

Loren

Shels Land said:
Count me in! Just me.

got that, count won't matter unless we make a lunch reservation and then I only need to be close. I'll adjust the first post here here as needed. Feel free to bring friends along. We had a few small dogs there last time too.

Loren  :wave:

Count on me meet/eat/meet

MichiganSilver03 said:
Count on me meet/eat/meet

I didn't forget you, well yeah I did. I should kick myself but you can kick me instead.

I just added names from this thread and others I remembered off the top of my head from other threads, I just wanted to start a list so everyone had an idea of who may show. I got you on the list now.

I LIKE YOUR NEW BANNER!!! Did you submit it to DougD for the homepage?

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
I LIKE YOUR NEW BANNER!!! Did you submit it to DougD for the homepage?

Heh heh, yeah and I didn't put it on my sig. until he posted it. Thanks for noticing, I'll switch my banner back to the Nationals GTG after Easter. I got enough posts I thought my sig as a link to this page would be helpful for the Cabela's GTG. It's an old Cabela's GTG pic someone else took.

Loren

ok ... so it has been a while for anyone to post on this GTG .... who is attending? ... when and where are we meeting? ... eating? ....

Intimidatoruag said:
ok ... so it has been a while for anyone to post on this GTG .... who is attending? ... when and where are we meeting? ... eating? ....

Not sure who on first post is confirmed, 1:00 PM lunch at Applebee's to make it close/easy, no reservation needed. Park same as last two times, way out so Cabela's front entrance is to your left. Some want to shop first and leave early being Easter weekend but others it's a long drive to get there by lunch.

I'll arrive at Cabela's by noon and then go back to Cabela's after lunch so I have time to shop.

For all those that want Michigan AV stickers ala SabreXray I should have them shortly. I'm rounding off the cost to $5.00 so I paid for S/H charge. Cash or check is fine, I know a number wanted 5 or more so I bought 50 of them.

I will do them by mail after Cabela's GTG if you can't attend, maybe get one from someone local that attended, excuse to meet and save me the trouble. I ordered enough for everyone that asked previously.

Applebee's, we don't need a hard count. We might have to wait a bit to seat a large group at lunch. Once we have a rough idea one person can slip over a bit early to ask for a table for 20 or whatever. If you arrive during lunch you will see the Avalanches at Applebee's, we can squeeze in extra chairs or maybe one of us (probably me) ate real quick and you have my seat.

Loren

You know me and Toots are going to be there.
At this point I plan to arrive at Cabela's around 10:00 or so.
Maybe actually go inside the store.
We'll do lunch with the group and then probably head home.? :wave:
I'll take one sticker please. (y)

Back