• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NEED OPINIONS - Best Ride Quality Shocks?

chansen

SM 2007
SM 2006
Hey guys and gals .....I need your opinion on the best shock to replace mine with for the best ride quality. I'm only concerned with a great ride..... not to stiff.

I've heard of Monroe Reflex but really nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have 2 blown rear shocks that need replacing.

Thanks!  :wave:

I have a 2004 Z66 and replaced all 4 shocks with the Monroe Reflex last summer and I think they ride great.  Much smoother than the old worn out factory shocks that were on it.  I do not remeber what I paid for them but the best price I found was at rockauto.com.

I just put the Reflex on mine. The ride is good,but anything is good compared to how bad my shocks were when I replaced them. I can't complain about the factory Bilsteins. I abused them and they lasted a long time, even through 2 seasons of plowing.

Factory tends to ride nice

:wave:  Thanks guys for your comments. Seems like Monroe is a good choice. If anyone has any other choices let me know!

I went with KYB.  They were suggested to me on this site, and have been happy with them for the last 30K miles.  I bought the Monotube shocks, at the suggestion of the post.  They cost a little more, but they are smart shocks.  I have been happy with the ride, though it may be slightly stiffer than originals (though not noticeable). 

The shocks, I have been told, have the best warranty on the market.  I found the best price at Summit Racing, though that has been a while ago.  Do not know who would have the best price now.

Good Luck.

Oh, you may want to look at the
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,60847.0.html

link about KYB shocks.

A buddy of mine keeps insisting that I should replace my shocks with the Monroe Sensa-Trac. I tow a 6000# trailer with a weight distributing hitch.

Any opinions?

Tom - Kettering, OH

what about the Edelbrock IAS shocks anybody have these ive heard good reviews on them

I have had the Edelbrocks on my truck for a few weeks (1k miles) and really like them. Ride is firm and controlled. I have 20's and the highway ride with the big tires is better than the stock shocks. The truck has less nose dive under braking, and it eliminated the low speed rocking that has been annoying since it was new.

I am happy with the purchase

I installed Rancho RSX shocks, they are the same company that makes Monroe.  Excellent handling and a smoother ride from stock without the rowboat feel.

Back