• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hypertech Vs. Diablo Predator?

P

patelh

Hello all,

I am a newbie - just recently bought '03 Z71.
I have been reading the threads re: speed limiters and performance mods and thinking of purchasing a programmer.
There have been quite a few threads about Hypertech and Diablo units. With price difference of approx. $100.00+, what are the differences? and is really going to matter for a newbie like me?
Also, can anoyone point me to some sites with good discounts?

Thanks...

I have the Predator and it is a very nice tool! Good porgramming options, and, unlike the HPP, they claim it removes torque management. Furthermore, I feel that the Predator is a better choice hands down due to the fact that it allows you to monitor engine statistics and/or problems, and it allows you to reset trouble codes. Lastly, the Predator is upgradable by flashing into it new programming by diablosport (have spoken to them and they are more than willing to assist you in making a custom program for you or in tweaking your own. The HPP could be chosen if you want to spend little or no time or thought on your programming, or if you want to remove the programming and resell the unit.

Back