• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Original Window Sticker, How To Get A Copy??

Dirkakron

Does anyone Know how I can get a copy of the original window sticker for my 2002 Avalanche ??? ??? ? ...showing all original factory options.

Dirk ?

That would be cool. Let me know too. I would love a copy.

I hear some people actually have the built slips showing the sign off and stamps of the various parts during assembly. Very rare and very cool.

Ok, here it is.... (y) I called GM today at 1-800-222-1020. ?If you are the orig owner, they can send you a copy. ?If you are not the orig owner, they will contact the dealer that sold the Avalanche new and have them order the copy of the original window sticker. ? :cool: At that time, the dealer will mail you the copy or you will have to go to the dealer to pick it up. ?There may be a small charge for this, I am not sure of that yet. ?
Let me know how it works for you!

Dirk ? :B:

Update, my dealer called today... he said they got a notice back from GM telling the dealer the information has been purged. :eek: He said he will try another way and let me know if he can get a copy. I will update then.

Just a quick note to say that I called that GM number today. They do not supply copies of the window sticker. They can tell you to some degree what options came on your truck, but they cannot supply a copy of the window sticker.

I have asked GM three times now through three seperate channels and been told three times to go back to the dealer.

:B: :B:
I just had the same experience Kodio did - contact the selling dealer - but then the operator asked if I felt that their goal of 100% customer satisfaction had been met with this call...........since I didn't get what I asked for, should I have said No??????

Jake

Jake, I got the same question. I told her "Now if I was 100% satisfied you'd be sending me a copy of my window sticker, now wouldn't you?"

She was very nice and helpful. My AV did not have the sticker on it when I bought it and the dealer printed out a list of what was supposed to be on it. I thought I remembered seeing a six disk changer listed, but I do not have one (I was thinking the dealer lifted it for a personal vehicle). The lady at GM today verified that it did not ship with one.

How did they MSRP the vehicle? Did they use their own paperwork?

This is weird, and sounds shifty. Even my shifty dealer gave me a sticker.

I wonder if you can go to the gmbuypower.com site and substitute the VIN. I wonder if they actually purge the information from their database or not?

AVingInNH said:
How did they MSRP the vehicle? ?Did they use their own paperwork?

This is weird, and sounds shifty. ?Even my shifty dealer gave me a sticker.

I wonder if you can go to the gmbuypower.com site and substitute the VIN. ?I wonder if they actually purge the information from their database or not?

I knew what to expect price-wise for a fully loaded 2002 Z-71. I had been shopping for a while. They also had the vehicle sticker info on computer. My Av was the test drive truck and as such the sticker had been taken down and lost.

Back