• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

You know Bluetooth??

sabbit

Could not find an answer to this one in recent posts.

I have an '05 Z71 with On* and XM and the in dash 6 disk changer.? As I understand it from reading the forums, On* uses Verizon.? However, I had been told it is actually a Satellite Phone built into the vehicle, not cell.? First, which is true?

Second (and the primary reason for this post), I have a Verizon Bluetooth phone.? I would like it to connect to the vehicle in a couple ways.? 1 - I would like it to use the microphone from On* and the stereo speakers which mutes the radio when a call comes in or when I want to make an outgoing call.? Here is the kicker; I noticed that when I use On* to make a call or when a call comes in, the number I say (or the incomming caller ID number) shows up on the DIC (Driver Info Console).? I would like this function to work with my Bluetooth cell phone.

You guys seem educated and knowledgable - what can I do? ?:notworthy:

sabbit said:
Could not find an answer to this one in recent posts.

I have an '05 Z71 with On* and XM and the in dash 6 disk changer.? As I understand it from reading the forums, On* uses Verizon.? However, I had been told it is actually a Satellite Phone built into the vehicle, not cell.? First, which is true?

Second (and the primary reason for this post), I have a Verizon Bluetooth phone.? I would like it to connect to the vehicle in a couple ways.? 1 - I would like it to use the microphone from On* and the stereo speakers which mutes the radio when a call comes in or when I want to make an outgoing call.? Here is the kicker; I noticed that when I use On* to make a call or when a call comes in, the number I say (or the incomming caller ID number) shows up on the DIC (Driver Info Console).? I would like this function to work with my Bluetooth cell phone.

You guys seem educated and knowledgable - what can I do? ?:notworthy:

As far as Sat vs. cell, I am pretty sure it is a cell connection, not satellite.

You aren't going to be able to use your On* mic and DIC functions with a bluetooth phone.  You can get the bluetooth phone hooked up in the truck but it is going to require another mic and it won't really be integrated into the truck the way it sounds like you want it.

Your best bet is to get an aftermarket HU if you really want it to seem integrated.

We all would like the same. But it's not going to happen.  (n) Not the way would would hope.  There was a company that was working on a phone interface to work with the factory items like On* mic and GM stereo, but it's not made to market and I would not expect to see it.  If you really want it to happen, you will have to ditch all the GM stereo items and start all over.

That is really cool!  I asked them if they have a product available for an '05.  Also asked if their product can display on the DIC (Driver Information Console) instead of the nav screen if you don't have one.  Will see what they say.

JPARR - very interested to hear how your install goes!

I'm very interested to see how my install goes too.  Unfortunately, CoastalTech still hasn't mailed it to me.  On the 16th I got an email that UPS had been notified, but they have still never delivered it to UPS for shipping. 
I asked them about it last Friday, and they said it would ship on Monday... UPS still shows it as not being picked up.

Grrr  :E:

I received a pretty quick response from Costaletech - here is what they say....

The Lockpicks are made for the 2007 vehicles. The 2005 cars do not need a lockpick for connection of an aftermarket bluetooth kit. I do not know of any kit for text on the 05 radios.
Have a blessed New Year!
Please let me know if I may assist you further  : )
Kelley
http://www.coastaletech.com
mailto: support@coastaletech.com

So I guess with mine, I can just get an aftermarket BlueTooth kit that will work through my radio and a separate mic, right?  (course I have a Garmin Nuvi 360 that has the same plus a nice video screen that gives me caller ID info - would just be nice to have it mute my stereo and come through the vehicle speakers)

sabbit said:
I received a pretty quick response from Costaletech - here is what they say....

The Lockpicks are made for the 2007 vehicles. The 2005 cars do not need a lockpick for connection of an aftermarket bluetooth kit. I do not know of any kit for text on the 05 radios.
Have a blessed New Year!
Please let me know if I may assist you further? : )
Kelley
http://www.coastaletech.com
mailto: support@coastaletech.com

So I guess with mine, I can just get an aftermarket BlueTooth kit that will work through my radio and a separate mic, right?? (course I have a Garmin Nuvi 360 that has the same plus a nice video screen that gives me caller ID info - would just be nice to have it mute my stereo and come through the vehicle speakers)

here you go a kit for 2005's:
http://peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strProductID=558&strCategory=CelFi%20-%20Cell%20Phone%20Kit%20Interfacing&strSearch=PXGM24HF

Back