• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any pics Sirius reciever mountings?

Toddrolet

I have a XM Roady with the dash vent mount now, but for Xmas my brother got me a Sirius Xact Replay and it doesn't mount that way. I don't really want to use the windshield mount or fasten it to the dash with screws or double sided tape so I want to figure something else out. I was going to rip off the dash bezel and look for and available screws to make a bracket to, but I haven't looked much yet. Does anyone have any pictures of some creative way they mounted theirs?

Thanks.

had mine here for a while until I bought a hide away model.? still on the windshield, but out of the way and hidden by the tint.

index.php

So I made this mount for my SIRIUS.  I just ordered the PAC adapter to finish it off.  You will notice the piece of paper in the photo.  Thats the speeding ticket for looking at the radio and not the speedo.  I took a piece of alum and bent it so it would go behind the dash bezel and not been seen.  Best of all it doesn't block any of my dash. :D

Attachments

• sirius.jpg
    sirius.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 249
This is amazing......I just got my sirius sportster replay TODAY in the mail and was sitting in the truck not 10 minutes ago trying to figure out where I was going to mount this thing without it getting in the way. Ive got a radar detector, a MIO GPS and now the sirius...its getting a little tight on real estate up on the windshield!! Keep the ideas coming! :)

This week I went an extra step and used the connector body off of a spare brake controller wiring harness to make a hidden power outlet so no wires are hanging out anywhere. Didn't want to splice into any wires so that was the easiest way.

Attachments

• Photo-0032.jpg
    Photo-0032.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 230
I did a similar thing I just picked up a additional 12v cig lighter outlet with universal mounting bracket.  I am mounting it in the secret cubby under the cupholders and the SIRIUS will plug in there.  I might have to lower the SIRIUS just a little if I add a cubby cam.

MY 03 SILVERADO HAD A COOL STASH COMPARTMENT ABOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR. POWER WAS ALREADY THERE FOR THE DOME LIGHTS. INSTALLED 12 SOCKET AND MY SIRRIUS STARMATE ACTUALLY PUSHED INTO THE HOLE AND STAYED THERE NO SCREWS OR MOUNTS. WISH MY 07 AVALANCHE HAD THIS SAME FEATURE. SORRY NO PICS

What's this one?  A Starmate, or something?

Attachments

• sirius.JPG
    sirius.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 152
I'm having mine installed on Saturday. They ordered a "vehicle specific" mounting bracket that screws in between the radio and vent. Should look similar to the vent mount, but more durable.  Also, looks like Tdybr has the mount I am getting. I'll post pics when done.

ImpalerSS said:
I saw brackets like that on ebay, but never ordered one.

I ordered one from TSS-Radio and the mount I was sent was the wrong one. Seems like when you press the button to order they have the wrong part number listed. It should be 99 and not 95.

Back