• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any smokey burnout pics from a 6.0?

knappy1

I just ordered a black/ebony LTZ with a 6.0.  Anyone have any burnout pics or stories?  Also, has anyone found any performance parts for the new 6L?  Cat-backs, computer programmers, headers, anything?
thanks
Rob

Conradulations on the 6.0.  Make sure you add picks and also :welcome:  to the club

knappy1 said:
I just ordered a black/ebony LTZ with a 6.0.? Anyone have any burnout pics or stories?...

I'll speak hypothetically here, but if wanted to do a big, smokey burnout that would have my neighbors calling the cops, I would be able to do something really cool.  If you have the rear camera, you can shift quickly from reverse into drive and stomp on it (with trac control off), you can watch your smokey burnout on the rear cam, which stays on for about 5 seconds after shifting out of reverse.  Found this one out leaving work the other day...delightful.

you can shift quickly from reverse into drive and stomp on it. Looking at your 07 LTZ in your sig I dont think you would want to do that.  ??? i mean if dropping driveshafts is your thing...

I wasn't talking about actually moving in reverse...just placing it in reverse with foot on the brake to activate the rear camera.  Then you've got 7 seconds to shift to neutral, and then drive and hit it. 

I'd like to see that

:nopics:

you'll have to remove the torque management before you could even do a big burnout with your Av and if you neutral drop your truck good luck having them cover it under waranty :beating:

Avalanche0_2 said:
you'll have to remove the torque management before you could even do a big burnout with your Av and if you neutral drop your truck good luck having them cover it under waranty :beating:

TQ management has been removed, except in tow/haul mode... :cool:

Back