Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/31/14 03:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Factory XM Radio kit  (Read 5435 times)
jmarlar

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 11/30/06 08:45 PM »

Thought someone may be interested in this.
I just installed my xm radio kit on my 2007.  The part number is 178011509(gm accessories) available any dealer.  Took me 2 hours to install. 

You replace the onstar antanae with new one that does both xm and onstar.

Mount xm reciever box and bracket behind glove box.

Remove radio and plug the wires into it.

Call XM and give them you radio I.D. # and thats it!

Is just like it came from the factory with it once installed.
APJ

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 12/01/06 02:38 AM »

Do you need to run a wire to the new antenna from the XM unit?
jmarlar

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12/01/06 05:38 PM »

yes you run a cable above the front of the headliner along existing wires.  It is pretty simple though.  The instructions are quite good on how to install from start to finish.
JScholz

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12/16/06 08:39 PM »

If you do't mind me asking, what did you pay for the kit.  I was looking at the Terk XMDGMK kit that goes for $149.00 at Crutchfield.

Thanks,

Joe
eth491

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12/26/06 11:44 PM »

Does this work with the standard radio in an LS?
jmarlar

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/04/07 06:45 PM »

JScholz:  I paid $225 for my kit.  I would personally get the GM kit because once installed it will function and look like factory, and use steering controls. 

eth491: As for the LS you have to have RPO code UE1. Not UM7 or U1C.  To verify what you have just look at sticker in glove box.  I believe UE1 is onstar which all 07's have so, it should work perfectly on your LS.

CAD: The FM/AM signal comes from the metal antannae mast on the right side of the cowl.
The XM/Onstar signal comes from the plastic "fin" on the left side on the roof.  If you dont have XM factory this only recives Onstar.  But, this kit comes with a replacement that will recieve both.
CAD

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/11/07 12:19 PM »

Thanks for the tip Jmarlar!
hookem59

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 11/13/08 02:25 PM »

Does anyone know if this part/kit is still available? I can't find it on gmpartsdirect.com.
omlifecrew

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03/04/09 09:32 PM »

Yup just bought mine.
Part: 17801150*
Category: All
Description: RADIO
Min.Qty: 1
Unit Price: $163.80
Quantity: 1
Ext.Price: $163.80
Core Charge: $0.00
jmroberts

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 06/01/10 07:38 AM »

Hey all-

I just traded my '03 Trailblazer off for a 2007 Avalanche LT without the XM and I'm a bit apprehensive on installing the right upgrade kit. I currently have the external Delphi radio but I would like to upgrade. Could someone send me the link so I'm sure to purchase the right kit. Also- is it best to have a dealer install it or is it something that I can take on myself? Thanks!!

MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 06/01/10 08:15 AM »

Welcome! to the club jmroberts, yes it is probably better to have the dealer install the XM radio. It will require some programming. 

2003 2500
jmroberts

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 06/01/10 08:45 AM »

Thanks! I'm trying to find the exact part to order now. Any leads/links? I don't want to mess it up, ha ha ha Cheesy
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 06/01/10 08:56 AM »

It comes as a kit from GM it's not just one part. I'll see if I can find you a link.

2003 2500
WheresJS
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

2007 Avalanche - Gotta love it !

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 03/09/14 04:18 PM »

When I purchased my 2007 avalanche it didnt come with XM or sirius, I hit "BAND" and XM comes up but thats about it, no ID or anything else?
Anyone have any info?

Also if I wanted to install a new Sirius Headunit in dash, does anyone have any good links they can send?

Thanks Much

2007 4X4 Metallic Grey, K&N Air Filter, Flowmaster Force II Exhaust ,Tinted Windows, Onstar
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: