• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Show me ur box!

RedAvy13

Hey everyone....i am looking for ideas about where to put a sub box in my avy....i know plenty of you have all different places of putting them.  I want to know where your box is, and how much u like it.  I listen to rap mostly so i need a big bump :help:

Mine sounds great with rap...not all I listen to but it does show off the system. It's a single 13W7.

Attachments

• midgate.jpg
    midgate.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3,183
TheBeast said:
Mine sounds great with rap...not all I listen to but it does show off the system. It's a single 13W7.

I like the look of that can you take another pic with a broader view?

mine is a joke.. I b scared to tear up my midgate? :beating:

2 Kicker CVR's in a ported box free floating in my bed. DOn't advise this route as the bass is muffled by midgate and it's a rattle trap.

Attachments

• th_Picture027.jpg
    th_Picture027.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 3,107
It actually replaced the midgate, so I have no option of using it while the box is installed. I rarely used it in the first place.  Here's a pic from the rear...the sub box takes up a lot of room in the bed.

Attachments

• midgaterear.jpg
    midgaterear.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3,087
RedAvy13 said:
thebeast...yours looks great but how much did it run you?

I collected pieces over time to help with the expense. Prolly around 5Kish for the whole system I would guess.

TheBeast said:
I collected pieces over time to help with the expense. Prolly around 5Kish for the whole system I would guess.

Stuff is pricey!! I figure I have that much at least and I don't have the setup as you.

Here is my current setup

This is in the process of being completed removed with another custom install. It is taking more time than I like, but I have to get money together prior to building it. Alot more planning is being done in the new box system I'm working on.

Dune said:
Here is my current setup

This is in the process of being completed removed with another custom install. It is taking more time than I like, but I have to get money together prior to building it. Alot more planning is being done in the new box system I'm working on.

Dare I even ask whats next?

Redleg said:
Stuff is pricey!! I figure I have that much at least and I don't have the setup as you.

I'm not running any video or nav stuff either...that stuff gets pricey. Justa single CD player so far.

Here's  mine, it slams considering the subs are only getting 600watts each.  I  :love: my 18's, wish like hell my new truck had room for them.  But it dosen't but i'm still going to try to squeeze a couple 10's ported under the seat.  "I'm gonna let Phil do it, he seems like a great guy and the work i've seen of his looks top notch."

here is my midgate box... with only less than $50 and a good set of power tools and a little imagination then you are set to go... good luck with your system

Attachments

• A_00068.jpg
    A_00068.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3,061
  • ampsavy.jpg
    ampsavy.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 3,036
Redleg said:
Dare I even ask whats next?

lets just say it involves neon, frosted plexy, custom etched plexy, custom amp rack, and custom box.

Lets just say the size of my port is now 70 square inches!!!! Instead of the normal 15 - 20.

TheBeast said:

who did the install? that is super clean!

Dune said:
lets just say it involves neon, frosted plexy, custom etched plexy, custom amp rack, and custom box.

Lets just say the size of my port is now 70 square inches!!!! Instead of the normal 15 - 20.

Looking forward to seeing that!!!! Any hints on equipment choices or is this all top secret until it's done?? >:D

TheBeast said:
Looking forward to seeing that!!!! Any hints on equipment choices or is this all top secret until it's done?? >:D

Right now I have 2 15" trio's powered by a MMATTS Audio 2,000 watt amp.

Under the plexy I'll have all my distribution boxes, fuses, fuse blocks, and strobe controllers. All will be lit up with neons.

I'm working on a fiberglass bed, but we'll just have to see how that works out. Lets just say, if all works right, I'll have something morphing out of the box >:D

I went the 5 banger route, I like the bass ! I will upgrade to a JL Audio Midgate soon.
DSC01539.jpg

DSC01975.jpg
Kenwood system, scanner, siren/strobes switches, various alarm switches including shocking switches :laugh:

Also, PS2 in center console
DSC01562.jpg

For Xmas I'm adding DirectV to the system :love:

heres mine. 2-10's. I am working on a ported box to replace this one though.

Attachments

• box7.jpg
    box7.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,737
  • amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,715
sorry

Attachments

• Sound Pictures 004.jpg
    Sound Pictures 004.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,623
  • Sound Pictures 005.jpg
    Sound Pictures 005.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,601
Looks like you guys love your music alot. You must spend most of your time in your AV and a lot of money.

Back