• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

SilverStar Ultra Bulbs **Pic's added**

02-Z66

? ?has anyone other than me heard of them?? i saw a commercial today about them.? i ran out to get a set only to find they are $49.00!! :eek:?

? ?then i noticed there was a $10.00 rebate card next to the display.? i got a set.? it's raining now, so i will report back with picks once the rain let's up.

? ?hopefully these won't let me down like the original SilverStar's.? the life was so pre-mature on them i said i would never buy another bulb from them again.? well, i gave in.? with a cladded AV i don't have much of a choice for a quality high performance lighting HID at a reasonable price.? so with that in mind $49.99 is not bad.

PUNISHER said:
? ?has anyone other than me heard of them?? i saw a commercial today about them.? i ran out to get a set only to find they are $49.00!! :eek:?

? ?then i noticed there was a $10.00 rebate card next to the display.? i got a set.? it's raining now, so i will report back with picks once the rain let's up.

? ?hopefully these won't let me down like the original SilverStar's.? the life was so pre-mature on them i said i would never buy another bulb from them again.? well, i gave in.? with a cladded AV i don't have much of a choice for a quality high performance lighting HID at a reasonable price.? so with that in mind $49.99 is not bad.
Is that a piece or a set? Did they come in highs, lows, and fogs?

GRNXNAM'S DADDY said:

? ?that is a set of 9006's (low's).  i saw the highs, but not the bulbs for the fog's.  not sure i could afford the whole setup.

RoarinRow said:
Then I better not mention I put in my HID's 2 weeks ago ? ?:laugh:

? ?that's the kinda money i am trying not to spend.

btw, i will try to report back tonight with before, during (both stock & SilverStar installed), and after pics for you.  if it stops raining. :E:

PUNISHER said:
? ?that is a set of 9006's (low's).? i saw the highs, but not the bulbs for the fog's.? not sure i could afford the whole setup.
Did they come in highs and fogs?

GRNXNAM'S DADDY said:
Did they come in highs and fogs?

GRNXNAM'S DADDY said:

that is a set of 9006's (low's).  i saw the highs, but not the bulbs for the fog's.  not sure i could afford the whole setup.

PUNISHER said:
? ?that's the kinda money i am trying not to spend.

I should have got it from the get go cause I've tried the following since I've had the AV:

- SilverStars
- PIAA
- Philips Ultra Blue
- eBay Xenons

These alone were about $200. ?For another $79, plus free shipping, I could have gotten my HIDs then. ? ? :laugh:

PUNISHER said:
? ?that is a set of 9006's (low's).? i saw the highs, but not the bulbs for the fog's.? not sure i could afford the whole setup.
Understand completely. My fogs and lows gotta match. I seldom use highs. I would love to see a pic of the bulbs compared to stock.

RoarinRow said:
I should have got it from the get go cause I've tried the following since I've had the AV:

- SilverStars
- PIAA
- Philips Ultra Blue
- eBay Xenons

These alone were about $200. ?For another $79, plus free shipping, I could have gotten my HIDs then. ? ? :laugh:

guess you gotta point.  when i think about it i am not too far behind you in money spent.

GRNXNAM'S DADDY said:
Understand completely. My fogs and lows gotta match. I seldom use highs. I would love to see a pic of the bulbs compared to stock.

i will provide the pics for you tonight if the weather permits.  now that think about it i did not even look for the bulbs for the fog's.  i guess the whole $49.00 got all of my attention.  i will go back to check on it tomorrow if i remember.  if anyone else makes it there before i do please let us know.

PUNISHER said:
? ?guess you gotta point.? when i think about it i am not too far behind you in money spent.

Plus the range/output of HIDs is unbelievable. ?Not the best shot, but you get the idea

index.php

oh yeah, i know how much more superior HID is to the conventional bulb.  i have a HID kit sitting in the storage over the garage.  i had it installed on my AV for awhile.  after a few months i had a problem with a bulb.  it cr@pped on me.  after doing some research on the bulbs i saw they were not cheap.  that was a some time ago so now they may be cheaper.  i just was not too thrilled with the beam pattern when compared to factory vehicles equipped with HID.  i wanted to get the retro HID kit, but that's a little too pricey for me being i am about to take the wife on a cruise next month.  gotta have some cash for that.  you know the deal.

PUNISHER said:
? ?oh yeah, i know how much more superior HID is to the conventional bulb.? i have a HID kit sitting in the storage over the garage.? i had it installed on my AV for awhile.? after a few months i had a problem with a bulb.? it cr@pped on me.? after doing some research on the bulbs i saw they were not cheap.? that was a some time ago so now they may be cheaper.? i just was not too thrilled with the beam pattern when compared to factory vehicles equipped with HID.? i wanted to get the retro HID kit, but that's a little too pricey for me being i am about to take the wife on a cruise next month.? gotta have some cash for that.? you know the deal.

I know the deal.  Stick with the new SS then  (y)  Looking forward to the pics.

The first set of Silverstars I had burned out after about 9 months (they actually went within about 15 minutes of each other)  I replaced them that night (Dec 04) and have had the same one (yeah, one, long story).

I may try these new ones soon.

My favorite bulbs that I've used so far are the Eurolite bulbs.  I had those in the Silverado, never used them in the Av though.

Are these HID or incandescent?

Which ones are you referring to, the 9006 direct replacements or HID's that need a ballast.. ?

sperry said:
Are these HID or incandescent?

Which ones are you referring to, the 9006 direct replacements or HID's that need a ballast.. ?

these are incandescent.  the replacements for the old SilverStars that were burning out real quick.  hoep these will be better.

watch for the new commercial...  guy standing in the Salt Flats at night.  he says, "Now you see me" (SilverStar Ultra's).  then, "Now you don't" (standard incandescent's).

Or, perhaps the "Now you don't" is when they burn out too soon? :rolleyes:

Back