• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chassis Dyno

Motion427

I'm very lucky to say that I have a good friend that I went to high school with,has his own chassis dyno for testing his street Honda that make 600H.P at the wheels(street honda hehehe)
Were suppose to do the Avalance & a 4.7L Durango sat.morning. These are bone stock.I figured it would give  all of us good starting point for adding power like cold air intake,exhaust ,etc.
I'll be happy to share the #### with you all.
Actually he told me that he did a Z06 Vette. Got around 360H.P at the wheels with a Hypertech.They tried without the Hypertech,got +8 more H.P stock.Sometimes not every car or truck reacts the same way.If you have a chance to dyno your AV,go for it.

the Avalanche numbers will be interesting to see, are there plans to re-dyno it with a K&N drop-in filter, then exhaust then a hypertech or maybe just the hypertech on maximum settings?-that would great to see even if a little disappointing.

I suspect the Z06 didn't react well to the Hypertech because GM has already tuned it to perform at it's full potential whereas other vehicles that have a performance vs scaring-the-soccer-moms compromise in their tuning.

Corrected dyno run
Max H.P 251.01 @5100 RPM
Max ft-lbs 276.93 @4000 RPM

H P is pretty much flat from 5100 and 5500 RPM
ft-lbs is strong from 3600 to 4500 RPM

Conditions:
63.62F
29.71 in-HG
Humidity 39%
Uncorrected had higher numbers.

04 Z71 4x4 3.73 ratio. factory 265/70/17 Goodyears.87 octane fuel.
Bone stock

Did not have a chance to do the Durango.

Motion427 said:
Corrected dyno run
Max H.P 251.01 @5100 RPM
Max ft-lbs 276.93 @4000 RPM

H P is pretty much flat from 5100 and 5500 RPM
ft-lbs is strong from 3600 to 4500 RPM

Conditions:
63.62F
29.71 in-HG
Humidity 39%
Uncorrected had higher numbers.

04 Z71 4x4 3.73 ratio. factory 265/70/17 Goodyears.87 octane fuel.
Bone stock

Did not have a chance to do the Durango.

That is typical for a 5.3L Avalanche. The 295 HP GM rates at is crank horsepower. With 15% drivetrain losses you typically will see 240-250 RWHP..... Just goes to show how impressive it is to see both those numbers 500+ at the wheels.... That requires a 5.3L to put out 625+ HP at the crank....

Is that A hint that  Flabouy has more H.P than mine. :notworthy:
LOL......
I'm ordering that Hp tuner maybe this week.
I also have some E3 plugs,MSD wires,AEM cold air to try out.
Might need your help for tuning.
I did a lot of reading here and there,I should be able to figure it out.I hope.......

Motion427 said:
Is that A hint that? Flabouy has more H.P than mine. :notworthy:
LOL......
I'm ordering that Hp tuner maybe this week.
I also have some E3 plugs,MSD wires,AEM cold air to try out.
Might need your help for tuning.
I did a lot of reading here and there,I should be able to figure it out.I hope.......

No, just a suggestion that those numbers are in line with what everyone else has dyno'd and posted. I think when you see the drivetrain loss for the first time, it is humbling to note how easy it is to lose precious horsepower that is so expensive to find......

FlaBouy said:
No, just a suggestion that those numbers are in line with what everyone else has dyno'd and posted. I think when you see the drivetrain loss for the first time, it is humbling to note how easy it is to lose precious horsepower that is so expensive to find......
guess I need to get an idea of what I have before I start anything.  I'm betting that my 22's hurt it a lot.

I also getting a 3" Skyjacker suspension for it early this week,which means bigger tires ,also means loss of H.P and Torque.
Wondering if 300HP with basic bolt on parts would get me there w/33" tires.One way to find out............
Will try to do one or 2 things and dyno it again to see If were going the right way or not.
It's nice to know that mine is average for stock.

Yea,22" I think will hurt it.That's why you need to add a few perf. toys. LOL......

Motion427 said:
I also getting a 3" Skyjacker suspension for it early this week,which means bigger tires ,also means loss of H.P and Torque.
Wondering if 300HP with basic bolt on parts would get me there w/33" tires.One way to find out............
Will try to do one or 2 things and dyno it again to see If were going the right way or not.
It's nice to know that mine is average for stock.

Yea,22" I think will hurt it.That's why you need to add a few perf. toys. LOL......

Prediction.... Lift + 33" tires = Broken G80. (especially after adding HP adder)

You got that right.
I allready got that covered,I keep a new truetrac and a Eaton posi in stock at the shop all the time,even stock truck & suv's they break them easy,I even have the master install kit's and 3.42,3.73,4.10 in stock.
What are you running Flabouy if you don't mind me asking?

Motion427 said:
What are you running Flabouy if you don't mind me asking?

Blown 5.3L @13 psi. 650 crank horsepower on a 2600 stall, through a stock 4l60E with corvette servo and 4l60E-HD2 shift kit throwing 500+ rwhp at a stock G80 with 3.73's. 0-60 mph in sub-5 seconds and 0-100 mph in 11.2 seconds... think that about covers it.... >:D  Ooopps..forgot that I am spinning 305/50/20 nitto 420S's....  :D

Been blown 14 months.... :eek:

Your stock G80 must love you very much........
I don't think the 502 in my nova does that,will be on the dyno next spring,still have to do some exhaust work on it.
Good work Flabouy....

Motion427 said:
Your stock G80 must love you very much........
I don't think the 502 in my nova does that,will be on the dyno next spring,still have to do some exhaust work on it.
Good work Flabouy....

Yeah I hear it complaining every day.... >:D

Back