• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Thank You NorCal!!

04avfan

SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
Huge thanks to Holly, Steve, and the whole NorCal group!!

What a great event!! Great host's - old and new friends, awesome trucks, and a REALLY good time!!
The huge amount of time you put into this event is greatly appreciated, and now it's time for you to relax and say "WE DID IT!!"

Thanks for a great weekend, we'll see you next year!

Nick, Dar, and the Arizona Avalanches! :love: :love:

it's ALWAYS an honor when we get to host such a great group of people....

it's an added bonus when they're from EVERY surrounding state around California !  I can't even begin to tell ya how nervous we were when we strapped on our boots and set to working this whole event out, but all those smiles COMPLETELY made it worth the effort... THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU ALLLLL !

:love: Thank you To everyone you helped put this event together !! :love:
The 17 kids and I had a blast and would make the trip again any time. :D
1816 miles later and 5 tanks of gas we made it home safe and sound and in one peace.

Thanks again from Glen and the 17 kids.

Thank you guys for working hard to provide an event for many members to remember! We had a good time and enjoyed spending time with other members (and meeting new ones too!). Good job.

You guys and gals are awsome.  You've set the bar pretty high in supporting surrounding chapters events.  Thank you to all of you who came in from surrounding areas.  It  was great to meet many new faces and re-connect with some from previous years  :love:

Thanks for continuing the Mega Meet tradition. Looking forward to the next time we can roll to California! Great job!!

Av'n It,
Todd

Thanks again to Wolf, Fox, and the whole NorCal Av group.

My Mastercard moment:
  75 gallons of Gas - $201.75 on Mastercard.
  Shower at the local Pilot Truck Stop - $9 on Mastercard
  Meeting great freinds who are really happy I stopped for that shower - Priceless.

Thanks again.  I will definitely try to make it again!

chAVey said:

My Mastercard moment:
? 75 gallons of Gas - $201.75 on Mastercard.
? Shower at the local Pilot Truck Stop - $9 on Mastercard
? Meeting great freinds who are really happy I stopped for that shower - Priceless.
Thanks again.? I will definitely try to make it again!

:laugh:  you are awesome, lmao  :love:

chAVey said:

My Mastercard moment:
75 gallons of Gas - $201.75 on Mastercard.
Shower at the local Pilot Truck Stop - $9 on Mastercard
Meeting great Friends who are really happy I stopped for that shower - Priceless.

Thanks again. I will definitely try to make it again!

like I told you at the GTG sorry I copied your bowtie I was sure you would never know and I would never run into you in my life  :D  It was great meeting all of you and we had a great time and I won a soccer ball ! hope to do this again

hansenp said:
like I told you at the GTG sorry I copied your bowtie I was sure you would never know and I would never run into you in my life? :D? It was great meeting all of you and we had a great time and I won a soccer ball ! hope to do this again
Hey, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

"you like me, right now, you like me!" - Sally Field winning an Oscar

Thanks for carrying on the tradition of the MEGA Meet! I/we appreciate it very much!
I know how much work is involved and you all deserve a major pat on the back.
Well done. (y)

SoCalCindy said:
Thanks for carrying on the tradition of the MEGA Meet! I/we appreciate it very much!
I know how much work is involved and you all deserve a major pat on the back.
Well done. (y)

Sometimes I feel like TekSavy and few others as far as knowing which side of the State I'm supposed be from. Usually, I'm most at home in the State of Confusion. I did get to meet a few others from that state last week too. It's a larger State than one would expect.? :p

My thanks to all, new friends and old. As much as is involved with hosting an event like this, the rewards and returns are beyond measure in what it accomplishes. It did feel different being with my usual crowd on foreign turf for a change and getting to enjoy the moment too!? :D

I haven't had a chance to look at the AZ picture gallery yet, but I will by noon tomorrow.? :(

If anyone has the picture of Abulieto, Our Man In The Field, accepting his $5,000 check for showing up and leading the Conga Line, please provide me with a link. I did a search, but I couldn't find it. The farmer I borrowed the goats from was real happy to see them again. He was telling me the last guy with an Avalanche that borrowed some goats from him never returned them.? :eek: ??? :eek:

One last question, what was in those tacos anyway?? ??? :eek: ???

Great job and another fine excuse for coming up to Sacramento again this year. Thanks for the parade, the Special Award, and for the special Keys to the Delta. I'll make use of them when I need to Tap into more Water.? :cool:

Cat Dancer said:
Sometimes I feel like TekSavy and few others as far as knowing which side of the State I'm supposed be from. Usually, I'm most at home in the State of Confusion. I did get to meet a few others from that state last week too. It's a larger State than one would expect.? :p

My thanks to all, new friends and old. As much as is involved with hosting an event like this, the rewards and returns are beyond measure in what it accomplishes. It did feel different being with my usual crowd on foreign turf for a change and getting to enjoy the moment too!? :D

I haven't had a chance to look at the AZ picture gallery yet, but I will by noon tomorrow.? :(

If anyone has the picture of Abulieto, Our Man In The Field, accepting his $5,000 check for showing up and leading the Conga Line, please provide me with a link. I did a search, but I couldn't find it. The farmer I borrowed the goats from was real happy to see them again. He was telling me the last guy with an Avalanche that borrowed some goats from him never returned them.? :eek: ??? :eek:

One last question, what was in those tacos anyway?? ??? :eek: ???

Great job and another fine excuse for coming up to Sacramento again this year. Thanks for the parade, the Special Award, and for the special Keys to the Delta. I'll make use of them when I need to Tap into more Water.? :cool:

i tried taking a pic of him at the after party and just couldn't click fast enough... here's the rest of the conga line though if anyone's interested:

wpe50705.gif

i did get a chance to take a picture of Abuelito introducing us to one of his more "favorite" goats... he said she was very "special" to him...

index.php

on a happy note... i DID happen to get a pic of him accepting his $5,000 award for finally making it to a gtg...? (prob shoulda aimed the camera a little lower but u can at least see his hat.)? What a great day for all? ?:love:

Attachments

• abuelito getting his award.JPG
    abuelito getting his award.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 47
So ....It was Abulieto who had all of the animals scared.....
I wish I was there to see the conga line....or not!!

Nick >:D

Cat Dancer said:

WC - any time your in the area, and I'm sure you will be, let us know, and we will break out the photo albums for you! It was really great getting to visit with you again! Keep up the incredible work you are doing - you are truly a inspiration to every one you touch!

Nick

PS - sorry you had to witness the stuff with the goats... :eek:

We all had a blast.  It was truely a great time.  We are looking forward to the next one.  :B:

Thank you for an awesome time.? It was really nice meeting so many great people and revisiting other great people as well.? Thanks to Avwolf for the golf lessons too!

Tony - it was great to see you again!!
Hope the trip home was "smooth"!

Nick

04avfan said:
So ....It was Abulieto who had all of the animals scared.....
I wish I was there to see the conga line....or not!!

Nick >:D

I won't bother with any more quotes or this thread will get locked down real tight and quick.

I picked up the goats because I thought Holly said there was going to be a petting zoo for the kids. When I walked by the BBQ and saw the tacos, and the goats were tied up behind the grills, I started having some bad feelings. I'm so glad the farmer didn't take a good count of the goats I returned.

It's too bad I had to wreck RenoRCR's spanking brand new Split Bedslide with the goat hooves. The other stuff just washed right off and the paint held up just fine Todd. I may want to apply that to my cladding some day.

I'll get to AZ one of these days. I have a counter part in the business that handles AZ, NM, TX, CO, KS, MO, LA, & AR. I may get to assist him a time or 2. One way or another, I'll have more free time after next September and plan to hit the links there more than I have in the past.

I didn't see any goat farms last February when I passed through Scottsdale. Maybe I can start a franchise.

Hey Steve & Holly, the Conga was the best ever! I'm guessing Abulieto, Our Man In The Field, learned those moves when he had that snake in his dash. It's too bad Mammia had left already. Well, maybe not, I was already shedding a few items of clothing.

Thanks to all for the kudos, but it's all for the cause(s).

I had a great time and am anticipating getting to see everyone again, soon!

never has a post scared me and confused me all at once in such a way !  but hey Margiritas will do that to ya !

inv564 said:
Thank you for an awesome time.? It was really nice meeting so many great people and revisiting other great people as well.? Thanks to Avwolf for the golf lessons too!

It was great! Looking forward to seeing you and the whole family in Laughlin.

Todd

Cat Dancer said:
It's too bad I had to wreck RenoRCR's spanking brand new Split Bedslide with the goat hooves. The other stuff just washed right off and the paint held up just fine Todd. I may want to apply that to my cladding some day.

That's what he was talking about!? Oh man...  :laugh:

Av'n It,
Todd

Back