• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

370 hp to rear wheels

schnags

So i went up to procharger this afternoon to hopefully pick up my truck but they werent done tuning it yet.  But it is beautiful!  Ill bring my digital camera tomorrow when i go drop off my cousin who works there.  The truck put down 246 stock and its already putting down right around 370 without the final tweaks and on a very conservative tune since this is a daily driver plus with their liability they dont want to screw anything up.  They are saying it should be right around 380 once its done.  Ill see if they will let me take any pictures of the plant or anything when i go up there, that is one cool place!  If i can find a scanner ill also post before and after dyno sheets if anyones intererested also! 

Sweet dude!!!! :cool:  Vroom Vroom!!    Oh, no wait...here comes Flabouy and KYBob.

Never even met ya yet and already don't like you due to my overwhealming jealousy!
:kidding: :laugh:

That's awesome that it is done!  I can't wait to check it out.  I want a ride too.  No wait... maybe I don't.  I may have to buy one then.  It would be much cheaper than an '07.  So many decisions.

Do you think that you can make the bon-fire GTG in the next couple months?  Darren is going to put it together I think (or least get things rolling with a weekend that works for the location).  It was a great time last year. 

Well congrats on getting it done (or real close to).  I will be checking out those pix as soon as you post them!

:nopics:

ill definatly try to make it to what i can.  You probably really dont want to hear that i got it for free then lol.  If anyone from the area gets bored this weekend ill be out playing in the olathe area most of the weekend, i finally got a weekend off work. 

Any idea what us normal folks would have to pay for that?  What did it do to the mileage on the highway.  At least once you keep from putting your foot in it.  It would take me a while to wipe the smile of my face from the G's.
John

yellownfe said:
Any idea what us normal folks would have to pay for that?? What did it do to the mileage on the highway.? At least once you keep from putting your foot in it.? It would take me a while to wipe the smile of my face from the G's.
John

In the range of $4k-$4500 depending on options and what year it's for.

Most people see a slight increase in mpg when it's driven normal.

yellownfe said:
Any idea what us normal folks would have to pay for that?? What did it do to the mileage on the highway.? At least once you keep from putting your foot in it.? It would take me a while to wipe the smile of my face from the G's.
John

A non-intercooled Vortech centrifugal with a stock 5.3L will dyno 383 rwhp and going down one pulley size will get you to 403 rwhp. I have dyno charts to back that up since most people are skeptical of my claims here of late....

A stock non-intercooled Vortech will run about 3200.00 if you shop around and the additional pulley is 90 bucks or so....

I was also getting about 18 mpg hiway with the 403 rwhp....

FlaBouy said:
I was also getting about 18 mpg hiway with the 403 rwhp....

That is so Fricken COOL!?? >:D

I have got to ride in that!? :C:

I'll find you some day at a GTG somewhere and you'll have to Prove it.?? :drive: :drive:

Sirshopolot said:
That is so Fricken COOL!?? >:D

I have got to ride in that!? :C:

I'll find you some day at a GTG somewhere and you'll have to Prove it.?? :drive: :drive:

Umm... you realize that 403 rwhp was last year don't you..? I have a full year and another 100+ hp since that... and my hwy mileage has been cut back to 16 with the 60# injectors... I am lucky to get 8 mpg around town... Of course I get there quicker..... >:D

And I can prove it now with my dyno charts.... >:D Of course my last 500 rwhp dyno chart was from February 2006. I have made many an improvement since then..... :cool:

I plan on making many a believer at the Caverns GTG on the 11th.....

You seem to know your way around a motor.  Could I talk to you about some first step mods?  Have a stock 5.3 2003 Avalanche and have about 1000 to start what would you do?  Bear in Mind I am still wanting decent MPG a little more rumble at the exhaust more pep.
Thanks
John

yellownfe said:
You seem to know your way around a motor.? Could I talk to you about some first step mods?? Have a stock 5.3 2003 Avalanche and have about 1000 to start what would you do?? Bear in Mind I am still wanting decent MPG a little more rumble at the exhaust more pep.
Thanks
John

For that budget, I would work on a CAI, exhaust and a good Nelson Tune. That will gain you about 25-30 HP, 2-3 mpg, and a chance to tell Allen to lose your torque mangement which is robbing you of timing through the shifts...

Do not under any circumstance go any further than that on these trucks... everything beyond that budget-wise gets expensive in a hurry.....

Did anyone read  FlaBouy sig.

"My lug nuts need more tq than that ricer will make"

Now thats funny....... and true.

500+ HP.....Nice.

I like the itsy, bitsy increase from my Jesse Bubb tune, I can't imagine 500 HP. :love:
Haven't had a chance to put the Servo's in yet.

What is a CAI?  Sorry to sound dense.  Also do you have a resomendation for the exhaust system?  What is a nelson Tune?  Where do you get one/
Thanks John

With the supercharger or turbo, what other mods did you have to do?  The tranny on the 1500 is the weak link, right?

Okay, so now I need schooled. The HP sounds impressive but is it a day and night change on acceleration?

If you were to do a complete package on a tight budget where would you invest your money and why?

I know nada about engine performance.

Redleg said:
Okay, so now I need schooled. The HP sounds impressive but is it a day and night change on acceleration?

If you were to do a complete package on a tight budget where would you invest your money and why?

I know nada about engine performance.

Hmmm...acceleration on a 6000lb shoebox... why would you want to go through the pain to build that..?  :D

To answer the acceleration question.... How does a documented non-brake stalled 0-60 mph in the 5 second range sound... or 0-100 mph in 11 seconds sound....

FlaBouy said:
Hmmm...acceleration on a 6000lb shoebox... why would you want to go through the pain to build that..?? :D

To answer the acceleration question.... How does a documented non-brake stalled 0-60 mph in the 5 second range sound... or 0-100 mph in 11 seconds sound....

As I said I need schooled :E: I don't no what a non-brake satlled 0-60 in 5 sec is. I gather its a force you back in your seat type of thing. Never much of a motor head but i'm learning tons with my av and after a couple trips to the speedways in HSV and Smyrna I'm starting to feel the bug >:D

Redleg said:
As I said I need schooled :E: I don't no what a non-brake satlled 0-60 in 5 sec is. I gather its a force you back in your seat type of thing. Never much of a motor head but i'm learning tons with my av and after a couple trips to the speedways in HSV and Smyrna I'm starting to feel the bug >:D

Brake stall is where you hold your brakes and floor it just prior to launch... My truck will have none of that... Last time I brake stalled, my truck never moved more than 6"..... The tires just sat there and boiled down until I let off the gas....

So when I launch, it is always from a 700 rpm idle...... Even with that, the 305/50/20's are usually spinning through about 40 mile an hour....

FlaBouy said:
Hmmm...acceleration on a 6000lb shoebox... why would you want to go through the pain to build that..?? :D

I ASSUME you did this on a controlled, track environment so as to not endanger the general public?  :laugh:

With that kind of acceleration you are pushing close to my Vette's performance.

Back