• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 fuel mod?

cawb

Hello everyone!

I have a question.

With the 07's DOD (Fuel management or whatever you prefer to call it.) system it seems to me that there should some kind of computer mod to increase fuel economy.

? Hello everyone! :wave:

I have a question.

? ? ? ? ?With the 07's DOD (Fuel management or whatever you prefer to call it.) system it seems to me that there should some kind of computer mod to increase fuel economy, does anyone know of one or Will there ever be one? My understanding is the cylinder deactivation is all computer controlled. I ask because I am fortunate enough to Own my 1st. ever AV :wave: :love: I've had it for about 2 months been on a 1,000mi road trip and the rest of the 2,700mi. have all been city. My experience has been that cylinders only deactivate when coasting. And no it doesn't matter if you're on the highway, in cruise, or working the peddle very very very lightly around town! :( I can tell the computer display of the switch form V8 to V4 is accurate because I got the truck with one of GM's exhaust upgrades, and i can here the exhaust note change when it makes the switch. >:D Logic would say A SIMPLE computer mod could make it rely more heavily on V4 when at speed, WELL WOULDN'T IT?? ???

Most likely it's possible.  Just checked on HPTuners web site forum (http://www.hptuners.com) and they seem to not support it yet, but it sounds like they will.  There is likely a table in the VCM that can be adjusted with programming.

EFILive doesn't support Gen4 motors yet (e.g., the 07 truck motors) but I'm guessing they'll offer it as well.

Some have said that it stays in v4 more when using tow/haul mode haven't heard any of them say they did it enough to check milage that way though.

Which exhaust did you get, touring or performance?  How's the sound, any resonance?

Back