• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mega Meet III & Make-A-Wish, how can you help?

Tahoe Fox

I've gotten quite a few messages recently from folks who won't be able to make the trip all the way out to Northern California but would like to donate to the Make-A-Wish foundation.  First of all here is one of the letters I've received from them which includes the tax ID number you'll need for taxes:

events@norcalavalancheclub.com

Dear Holly:

You Dreamed, They will Wish and Magic will happen!

It was a pleasure speaking to you yesterday. Thank you for choosing to host a ?Truck Show? on September 23, 2006 to benefit the local Make-A-Wish Foundation of Sacramento & Northeastern California. It is wonderful to know that people within our community wish to assist us with our mission of granting wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions.

I have attached a Special Event Proposal Agreement for you to complete and fax back to me at 916-437-0205 indicating the specifics on the event and any needs you may have from us.  As our Development Director approves your agreement, I will mail you a copy for your records.

Thank you again for wanting to help ?Share the Power of a Wish?.? I look forward to working with you, and doing what we can to ensure this event is a success!

Sincerely,
Arleen
Arleen T. Planas
Development Manager

Enclosures (Special Event Proposal)
Tax ID # 68-0027351

This group is an AMAZING compilation of folks who do nothing except make the dreams of a young child come true during a hard time in their life.  All proceeds from Mega Meet III will be going to them along with donations collected from here and at the event.

For those who would like to help, I've set up a couple different ways you can be a part of this GREAT cause.

First and foremost is by visiting Make-A-Wish's site.  You can mail in donations, use airline miles, visa, master card, american express or discover.  Since we can't monitor donations done this way, please send a PM to me or post here w/ what you've donated so we can keep the total updated.:

Make-A-Wish

If you would prefer to have your donation incorporated into the Mega Meet III, you may PayPal your tax deductible donation to " Charity@NorCalAvalancheClub.com ".  Donations received over $35 have the option to receive a Mega Meet III Shirt (to be mailed out after Mega Meet III.)  Please include your screenname & Shirt Size (if applicable).

Charity@NorCalAvalancheClub.com

I appretiate the support of CAFCNA and it's members in helping to ensure the success of this charity drive.  As donations are received I will keep a running tally for everyone in this thread.  Let's see if we can hit $1,000 just from our Chevy Avalanche Fan Club Members.  :love:

Attachments

• MMIII Donation Meter.JPG
    MMIII Donation Meter.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 77
I think it is great that you guys have included the Make-A-Wish foundation as part of this years MegaMeet.

Av'n It,
Todd

it just seemed like the right thing to do... and now w/ having this:

Sacramento Bee & the Mega Meet

it just totally confirms for me we're doing the right thing. 

again, i wanted to mention, for those who won't be able to make it to Mega Meet III, please don't let the opportunity to at least support this great organization slip away.  Show your support now for the Make-A-Wish foundation and let's see how far we can get the donation meter to rise.  :love: :B:

Hey Fox - How did the Make - a -Wish contribution come out?
We would like to use them for a couple of our GTG's, and I'd like to use this GTG as a reference for them.

Thanks!

Nick

We're WELL over $1000... prob close to $2k... until we get the final numbers from the shirt sales... the remainder of the fees due for the park (any extra clean up fees & park entrance fees) we won't have the exact amount yet...

plus we've got help from all these calendars sales so they'll do VERY well from all of this  :love:

by the way... they have been AWESOME to work with... i absolutely recommend them as a charitable company to work with/for .... they've been so organized, helpful and informative... kudo's to them :D

Awesome! Good news!

For a reference point, was it donated in the NorCal club name?
Thanks for the info!

Nick

04avfan said:
Awesome! Good news!

For a reference point, was it donated in the NorCal club name?
Thanks for the info!

Nick

Yes & CAFCNA ... they don't have all the monies yet and won't until that other stuff is done.... they just keep the account open till all the dust settles...

Back