• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

!st post and new stereo system...

INXS

Just bought a Sony Sony MP3/WMA CD Car Deck (CDXGT500) deck with Infinity 6 1/2" 2-Way Speakers (6012i).
I realize its a pretty mediocre set-up but the money situation is kinda tight since I just bought my Av 2 days ago. Do you all think I'll be happy with this setup?
Being installed right now.
-peace

I've had a Sony deck with Infinity speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp and subs in a previous vehicle before and loved the sound. Ended up buying an Alpine deck to replace the Sony though.
So to answer your question, yes I think you will be happy!  :B:

Welcome to the site, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your looking for honesty so I'm going to be honest with you.

The fact that you have limited funds right now is completely understandable so nothing to be ashamed of there, you are going to upgrade at the very least the speakers once you get a chance to listen to some quality stuff. You probably aren't go to mess with the deck too much because it's shortcomings aren't as obvious as a speaker is to your ear.

If your Sony takes a dip on you after a while I would consider looking into Nakamichi, Eclipse, Kenwood, Pioneer Premier, and Alpine even though Alpine has been on the decline now in terms of their headunits.

Speakers in terms of components is too broad a subject to address here..unless you have a $$$ amount set already..etc...Some of the better and nicer Component sets come from Focal, Rainbow, DLS, Morel, and Seas...with the average middle of the road stuff being Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, etc and so forth..usually the stuff you find on a sound board at any local Circuit City or Best Buy etc....

You will be fine for now, when your ready to upgrade...let us know...we'll hook ya right up.

Dave

I have had my Av for close to a year and I am already on my 3rd HU.  Started with a middle of the line Kenwood, moved to a Flip screen Alpine cd/dvd and now I have a Flip screen DVD/CD/Nav Pioneer.  I'm also on my 2nd component set.  First JL and now Arc.  I'm on my second sub box and subs.  First had the under the rear seat 2 10" Arc audio set up.  Now have a custom midgate with 2 12" Kicker L7's.  Also went from a RF 500/1 to a JL 500/1.  Haven't had any problems with my stuff just get itches to buy new/better stuff.  Plus if you check out the For sale threads you find great deals from other members.

I'll tell you this, if you are like me you will never be satisfied.  Especially if you frequent this board.  My advice is to run and not look back.  There is always someone on this forum with something new and it just makes me want more.  :E:

Back