• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cut hood liner for cooling with cowl hood

KY_BOB

I don't know yet how much difference it is going to make in the under hood temps but it can't hurt.

First the "before" then the "after.

Attachments

• 100_0393.JPG
    100_0393.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 193
  • underhood 001.jpg
    underhood 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 190
Interesting, as I have been wondering about something like this, I was even thinking about drilling a few 3/4 inch holes or so along the bottom edge of the hood or some larger holes on the liner where you did your but following the frame. looks pretty good. btw KY now you just need some glow in there.

Looking good!

HeavyD said:
Interesting, as I have been wondering about something like this, I was even thinking about drilling a few 3/4 inch holes or so along the bottom edge of the hood or some larger holes on the liner where you did your but following the frame. looks pretty good. btw KY now you just need some glow in there.

Don't drill it.  It shreds.  I tried that first :beating:

It cuts easy with a sharp utility knife. 

I just looked over a log and can't really see that it did any good but like I said, it can't hurt. ?I figure at a minimum when I'm sitting still, heat will rise and escape through the cowl.

I never put my hood liner back in...so i am hood liner-less

KY_BOB said:
Don't drill it.? It shreds.? I tried that first :beating:

It cuts easy with a sharp utility knife.?
I was talking about the sheet metal itself (from one hinge to another), on the hood then finish it with some grommets or something, not to many holes or to large where it would weaken the sheet metal.

Seeing as how I'm stationed in Alaska, I doubt this would help me very much since my AV doesn't feel like heating up during my 1 mile drive to work:)

Back