• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Official NorCal Mega Meet III Info Thread

Tahoe Fox

? ? ?This is going to be literally the BIGGEST & MOST EXCITING event NorCal Avalanche Club has ever had the pleasure of hosting.? We are very honored that SoCal has allowed us the opportunity to host an event of this caliber in Northern California.? This year, NorCal Avalanche Club has teamed up with Make-A-Wish for our annual Mega Meet.? They are an amazing organization which, for those who didn't know, grant wishes to terminally ill children.? They have huge hearts and help out THOUSANDS of children all the time.? All excess proceeds from Mega Meet III will be donated to the local Make-A-Wish Foundation.? For those needing a Tax Payer ID for their donation, we will have that available the day of the Mega Meet.? Let's make Mega Meet III the most spectacular Mega Meet yet !

:woot:Mega Meet III :woot:
Saturday, September 23rd, 2006
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Discovery Park
Picnic Areas "Redbud" & "Sycamore"
Sacramento, CA

Discovery Park
Discovery Park is where the American River meets the Sacramento River. One of Sacramento County?s best boat launches, recreational boaters get the chance to explore both of Sacramento?s wild and scenic rivers. Capt. John Sutter?s foreman James Marshall discovered gold along the American River more than a hundred years ago, but what you discover here ? an excellent recreation site ? may be even more important to you.

How to Get There
A 302-acre park, Discovery Park is located beside I-5 in downtown Sacramento. From I-5 take the Richards Blvd. off-ramp then go west to get to the South entrance of the park, or follow the Garden Highway exit east from I-5 to find the North entrance. Signs denote the park?s location from I-5.

Park Features
Site capacity of 500
20 large tables (seating 240)
Slated covering over tables
2 large barbecues
Near restrooms
Permanent volleyball standards and horseshoe pits
Electricity

Alcohol is prohibited at Discovery Park

Itinerary:
9/23/06
8:00am Set up crew to arrive

9:00am Registration Table officially opens

10:00am Group Pictures to be taken
Bounce House(s) for the kids will be delivered at this time as well

11:00am Start Cooking food

12:00pm Lunch Time

1:00pm Voting to begin for Mega Meet III Awards

3:00pm Mega Meet III Awards Ceremony

4:00pm Say our goodbyes

? ? ?Those interested in a nice dinner afterwards we have two locations planned out.? Dinner will be at 6:00 pm to allow folks a chance to relax and freshen up after a busy day at the park.? Here are our two main suggestions but keep in mind there are MANY great areas to dine in the Sacramento Metropolitan Area...
1)? Hooters of Sacramento
1785 Challenge Way
Sacramento, CA 95815
(916) 927- 9464

2)? Joe's Crab Shack
1210 Front St
Sacramento, CA 95814-3247?
(916) 553-4249

3) Monterey Bay Cannery
400 Bercut Drive
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 441-3474

Following dinner we'll be going to a drive in.? We'll meet up at the Sacramento Drive-In, located at 9616 Oates Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827, (916)-363-6572.? The movie will be determined @ a week before as it's impossible to figure that all out now.? This will be the PERFECT way to end such an amazing day.

Sunday, September 24, 2006
We've set up some after events for those who'll be in town through Sunday.
9:30am we'll be meeting up at:
Performance Chevrolet
4811 Madison Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95841
916-331-6777

... our primary supporting dealer, for some coffee and donuts before heading out.
The carAVan for either Prairie City or Towe Museum/Old Sac trip will leave PROMPTLY at 10:30am.? Here are the details for each one:​

Prairie City !
Prairie City is situated at the base of the Sierra Nevada foothills, 20 miles east of downtown Sacramento and three miles south of U.S. 50. The area offers off-highway vehicle enthusiasts a variety of interesting terrain and trails for motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, and 4-wheel drive vehicles. There are flat, open grasslands, rolling hills with native blue oak trees, and acres of cobbled mine tailings left after gold dredges combed ancient river beds in search of gold during the late 1800s. Beginners as well as experts find the variety of terrain both challenging and enjoyable.

Entrance fees into the park are @ $4 and cash only.? Sometimes small snack stands are set up but please don't count on it.? This is DEFINATELY a great place to bring your grill and snacks as we'll be having lunch out here.

otherwise known as "Hangtown"
map_hangtown.gif

Towe Museum & Old Sac
For those who'd like to experience some of our other activities, we have set up a trip to the Towe Auto Museum.? Towe Auto Museum is located at 2200 Front Street, Sacramento, CA 95818, (916) 442-6802 near Old Sacramento and is open 7 days a week from 10am - 5pm.? Admission is $7 Adults, $6 Seniors, $3 High School & $2 Grade School.? After the museum folks will be heading to Old Sacramento to spend the rest of the day.? There are so many wonderful shops to choose from as well as a train museum, river boat rides and more.? There won't be designated parking as it's just not an option but w/ parking garages and ample spaces it should be fine.

Here's a map for it:
toew-map.jpg

For those who plan on staying in town Sunday night, dinner locations will be discussed at that time.

We can't wait to see everyone again and we PROMISE this will be an event you won't want to miss.? Registration is now open.? Let's have a GREAT time and raise LOTS of money for Make-A-Wish !?

:B: List of attendees are:? :B:
Northern California Group:
Avalanche Wolf? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Avalanche Fox? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Mamamia? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Code4Av? *PAID*? (NorCal)
IB Mike? *PAID*? (will be attending in spirit)? (NorCal)
BHolt? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Big Blockhead? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Interplanet Janet? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Marcus? *PAID*? (NorCal)
DBoss? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Goncrazi? *PAID*? (NorCal)
hansenp? *PAID*? (NorCal)
teksavy? *PAID*? (NorCal)
red-2002-avalanche? *PAID*? (NorCal)
dagwood? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Avalanche Dodger? *PAID*? (NorCal)
MrJokertoyou? *PAID*? (NorCal)
erocZ71? *PAID*? (NorCal)
RobCabico? *PAID*? (NorCal)
Lancheman *PAID* (NorCal)
SSA *PAID* (NorCal)
ibshortie *PAID* (NorCal)
genise *PAID* (NorCal)
Dorothy A Haymart *PAID* (NorCal)
Lang777 *PAID* (NorCal)
AVY14 *PAID* (NorCal)
dave45 *PAID* (NorCal)
The Martinez Family? *To be paid morning of event* (NorCal)
The Sorenson Family *PAID* (NorCal)
John S. *PAID** (NorCal)
Sir James *PAID* (NorCal)
Advalanche *PAID** (NorCal)
Eewing *PAID** (NorCal)

Southern California Group:
Sparqui? *PAID*? (SoCal)
CA HIKR? *PAID*? (SoCal)
Blu? *PAID*? (SoCal)
Skulltats? *PAID*? (SoCal)
PAULSAV? *PAID*? (SoCal)
SoCalCindy & Wind4Power? *PAID*? (SoCal)
WC Cat Dancer? *PAID*? (SoCal)

Arizona Group:
04Avfan & winerAv? *PAID*? (AZ)
gargoyleman? *PAID*? (AZ)
Nigel? *PAID*? (AZ)
amd1900mp? *PAID*? (AZ)

Nevada Group:
inv564? *PAID*? (NV)
NvBigDogs? *PAID*? (NV)
johnv656? *PAID*? (NV)
2MILNHR *PAID* (NV)

Oregon Group:
chAVey? *PAID*? (OR)

Tennessee Group:
trAvelingman? *PAID*

In Spirit:
ORANGE05  *PAID*

You?!?

IB Mike said:
the registration page isn't working.? Yahoo says page not found

hubby's been changing a couple of the designs and misspellings on the page so he may have been doing an update at the time.  should be no big deal.  we will save u a spot though at the MMIII in your honor  :love:

Awesome !  looks like Sparqui is coming too... lemme update w/ all the new folks.  Can't wait to see everyone there  :wave:

Avalanche (Corvette) Fox said:
:woohoo:? Marcus just signed up too :woohoo:

I'm looking forward to it!!!? I just got a new camera that I'm planing on bringing to put through its paces.?

(By the way, I just paid for myself.? The voices in my head don't count as extra people, do they?)

Marcus said:
I'm looking forward to it!!!? I just got a new camera that I'm planing on bringing to put through its paces.?

(By the way, I just paid for myself.? The voices in my head don't count as extra people, do they?)

well, we already had to charge mamamia for her extra voices... we may just get rich off the two of you...? :laugh:

w/ gas prices the way they are and having to pay for all her extra personalities... she may not be able to afford the 6 mile drive to the gtg...

btw, great post for number 69 !

Attachments

• marcus likes 69.JPG
    marcus likes 69.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 335
well, we already had to charge mamamia for her extra voices... we may just get rich off the two of you...? :laugh:....

Yeah, but I have just a few voices.? Mamamia probably qualifies for a group discount....

diegorob said:
Daing...I'd like to go but, i'll be in Hawaii Have fun everyone!

IB Mike said:
Well I know being in Hawaii is rough... try and make due.  :laugh:

ya, we'll all be pullin' for ya here on the home front...  :beating:

have fun though

Janesville, CA US

Discovery Park
Sacramento, CA 95833, US

Total Est. Time:  3 hours, 20 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 208.37 miles

If my wife in in NORCAL by then, I think we will make it!

Murman :cool:

btw, great post for number 69 !

I've always been partial to 69 and have been accused of being 5150.

By the way, does anyone know where trAVis the Gnome is and is he going to make it to the Mega Meet

Travis just recently made it to the great state of TX ! I AZ club handled him off after the nationals. I belive there is a post of him on the TX board

Travis is now in the loving hands of Orange05, Robbie and Mary in Abilene Texas, and I hear they have already had a few problems with his drinking!(something about riding the dogs around the house with a bourbon in his hand, yelling "Hook em Horns")

Check out his progress and hand off in the Region V - Arizona section.

He does have a few substance abuse problems, but thats the way he arrived here in Arizona. When he gets drunk he talks alot about AvFox and Sparqui.
(Smokes alot too!)

Nick

Back