• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How much horsepower will...

Avy2004

Does anyone know how much true HP a Flowmaster 40, K&N intake & filter, and a computer tune (Hypertech, Predator) will add to a 04 Z71? Would these be the mods to do first to gain more horsepower?

From the #'s I have seen

Tune 25HP - 35HP (I picked up 34HP with LS1 edit and a few dyno runs)
Intake 5HP - 15HP
Cat Back 15HP - 20HP

looks like about (with drivetrain loss) 30HP at the wheels... could be more

Hello, definitely the first mods for power.  I would guess 20-30 hp.  Just a guess though.  I felt a differrence though and it comes into play even more if you tow.  Good luck and  :welcome:

I would say modestly that you will gain 25HP with those mods.

Sam

Avy2004 said:
Does anyone know how much true HP a Flowmaster 40, K&N intake & filter, and a computer tune (Hypertech, Predator) will add to a 04 Z71? Would these be the mods to do first to gain more horsepower?

My 2004 Z-71 with a Volant Cold Air Intake and dual exhaust with the predator saw about 25 hp and 3 mpg better fuel mileage. They were my first mods and at this point, I guess I should have let sanity take over and stop there.... Now I am too far into the darkside...... >:D

I say too a modest 25HP with those mods. Keep on modding  :cool:

Sam

Re-gear to 4.56.  It doesn't add power or torque, but it allows it get up to speed lots quicker.

Avy2004 said:
...What else can I add for more horsies?

A farm.... hehehehe

Back