• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Northwest IN NASCAR Appearance (Again)

LakeFX

The following was in today's Jewel Osco ad:

The following NASCARs will be in the Northwest IN area on 7-8-06

Jewel Highland, IN 10:30 am-2:00 pm
Cars:
*Tide
*Coke
*Banquet
*Crown Royal

Jewel Dyer, IN 3:30 pm-7:00 pm
Cars:
*Tide
*Coke
*Crown Royal

Wish NASCAR would drag some of those cars over here.  Huber Cadillac had a virtual version along with a Craftsman truck and a phony C5-R a couple of years ago but that's it!!  Indiana is more a hotbed of stockcar fans, however.  I don't find so many on either side of the river in the Plains.

Bro-in-law is a Gordon fan, I took him to see the #24 Dupont car at an autoparts store grand opening. That was cool, they had antique cars and an oldies band in the parking lot. Funny thing was a few weeks later they had the same car at the truck plant all week.

Both places are about 5 minutes away from my house. Maybe we can all go for a cruise and show off the avalanches. >:D >:D? I think that would be nice to do. We may end up getting more attention >:D >:D

Just an idea.

David

GMJones said:
Indiana is more a hotbed of stockcar fans, however.
Must be a spill over from Indy Car.? Chicagoland Speedway is not too far from here either.?
Hoosiers like their racin'!
8.gif

LakeFX said:
Hoosiers like their racin'!
8.gif

The midwest in general has alot of race fans and that includes Canada. I just read that we have about 20,000 Canadian visitors for each Nextel Cup race at MIS. I know NASCAR fans travel from all over to attend races but I had no idea the north of the border folks come down in such large numbers.

They ended up having a nice little set up in the parking lot.? They were giving away a toy NASCAR to each child.? They also had a NASCAR simulator.? Racing hats were also available with a sponsored purchase.? So my 6 year old ended up with the toy car, hat, and a ride in the simulator.

The following NASCARs will be in the Northwest IN area on 8-4-06

Christenson Chevrolet US 41 Highland, IN 11:00am-6:00pm
Cars:
*"The Intimidator" #3
* Kevin Harvick's #29 GM Racing

Back