• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Opinions on New Mods

mikenmo23

OK, here's the short list of what I am heading towards...keep in mind that I am preping to add a blower sometime in the future (maybe by the end of the year?)

Jesse Bubb PCM Tune
TrailBlazer Torque Converter*
Corvette Servo*
Trans Go HD2 Shift Kit, & new valve spacer plate
E Fans
Tranny Oil Cooler (still researching...any suggestions?)
Hawk Pads
Taylor Thundervolt wires (needed or not?)
145amp alternator
Dual Battery

am I forgetting anything? (i'm looking to get all the small $$ stuff done first...budget is limited right now)

one more side note: i just turned 41K miles

Thanks,
~mo? :B:

*purchased already, not installed yet

mikenmo23 said:
OK, here's the short list of what I am heading towards...keep in mind that I am preping to add a blower sometime in the future (maybe by the end of the year?)

• Jesse Bubb PCM Tune
    TrailBlazer Torque Converter
    Corvette Servo
    Trans Go HD2 Shift Kit, & new valve spacer plate
    E Fans
    Tranny Oil Cooler (still researching...any suggestions?)
    Hawk Pads
    Taylor Thundervolt wires (needed or not?)

am I forgetting anything? (i'm looking to get all the small $$ stuff done first...budget is limited right now)

Thanks,
~mo? :B:

You want the short list or the long list.... >:D

Blower will require NGK TR6 plugs or equivelant... 1 heat range colder

TOC - I responded to you in Bob's posting that the TruFlow TOC has orifice mods that allow fluid bypass flow during warmup to prevent "over cooling" during warm up. Most other TOC's do not....

Thundervolts are not a necessity. They are "cool though" I run MSD 8.5's

CAI

Exhaust

And a tuner other than Jesse. He will not tune a blower setup.....

On the servo/tranny The HD2 and vette servo are a start but add the billet servos for 2-4 for added protection when blown...

E-fans will probably need 145A alternator. Don't know yet. That is an active test I have going right now... :D It is failing miserably on the stock alternator and single OEM Battery. I have a painless dual battery setup I am installing as we speak with plans for adding an optima red top....

More if needed...... :help:

You might as well budget in a True Trac and a Level 5 4L65E while you are at it... Then get blown...not vice versa...it will cut down on the towing fees.... >:D

FlaBouy said:
Blower will require NGK TR6 plugs or equivelant... 1 heat range colder - will add these when I get blown

TOC - I responded to you in Bob's posting that the TruFlow TOC has orifice mods that allow fluid bypass flow during warmup to prevent "over cooling" during warm up. Most other TOC's do not....yep, check

Thundervolts are not a necessity. They are "cool though" I run MSD 8.5's...ok, thanks...not a neccesity mean not right now

CAI...I do have a drop in AirHog Filter,removed the MAF screen & dilled a 4" hole in the stock box...ok until I get blown?

Exhaust...see sig, ok for now?

And a tuner other than Jesse. He will not tune a blower setup.....check

On the servo/tranny The HD2 and vette servo are a start but add the billet servos for 2-4 for added protection when blown...check

E-fans will probably need 145A alternator. Don't know yet. That is an active test I have going right now... :D It is failing miserably on the stock alternator and single OEM Battery. I have a painless dual battery setup I am installing as we speak with plans for adding an optima red top....yep, waiting to see your results on this one

see replies...whatcha think?

FlaBouy said:
You might as well budget in a True Trac and a Level 5 4L65E while you are at it... Then get blown...not vice versa...it will cut down on the towing fees.... >:D
I'll agree with that, upgrading the tranny before the blower is a much better idea than doing it after.

-James.

FlaBouy said:

yeah, well I do plan on getting AAA before I get blown  :p

mikenmo23 said:
yeah, well I do plan on getting AAA before I get blown? :p

Well being a true Jarhead, I like learning the hard way..  :E:

I am way beyond blown and still without beefed up drivetrain or AAA. But I do have ON*..... >:D

Just have not figured out how to put Bob, Damon, and you on speed dial through them........ :D

FlaBouy, wht is that Truflow TOC that you mentioned in the post above, and where would you get one?

-James.

james21 said:
FlaBouy, wht is that Truflow TOC that you mentioned in the post above, and where would you get one?

-James.

Sorry James... It has been a long week.. It is a Tru Cool TOC kit get any of them between the 18 to 24000 GVW.....

Hope this helps....

james21 said:

-James.
Don't listen to FlaBouy...that blow hard doesn't even know what is in his own damn truck ... "Truflow"...hahaha....that's a hoot.... dumbass!    :p

BigBlackAv said:
Don't listen to FlaBouy...that blow hard doesn't even know what is in his own damn truck ... "Truflow"...hahaha....that's a hoot.... dumbass!? ? :p

Hehe,

Speaking of dumbasses, there is the Mr.  $8500.00 .055" nozzle...  >:D  Wondering where you have been....  :D

BigBlackAv said:
Don't listen to FlaBouy...that blow hard doesn't even know what is in his own damn truck ... "Truflow"...hahaha....that's a hoot.... dumbass!? ? :p

He deserved that one.? He's already called me a smart@ss twice today.? :needhug:

edit: 3 times :rolleyes:

FlaBouy said:
Sorry James... It has been a long week.. It is a Tru Cool TOC kit get any of them between the 18 to 24000 GVW.....

Hope this helps....
So any of the TOC's on the OPT site will work on the AV? OR at least the ones between 18-24.

-James.

KY_BOB said:
He deserved that one.  He's already called me a smart@ss twice today.  :needhug:

edit: 3 times :rolleyes:
I know....I saw...that is why i couldn't keep the kid gloves on :p

ahd hey...that joet only cost me $6200, so there! ... besides, i've been sick.

BigBlackAv said:
I know....I saw...that is why i couldn't keep the kid gloves on :p

ahd hey...that joet only cost me $6200, so there! ... besides, i've been sick.

"joet" ? Now who's a dumbass....hehe

I bet you were sick... didn't the credit card statements come in last week...... >:D

KY_BOB said:
Yea, she had to flirt with get advice from me since you weren't here.
wait a tic....mikenmo23 is a "she".....oohhh man, that makes a lot more sense?

BigBlackAv said:
wait a tic....mikenmo23 is a "she".....oohhh man, that makes a lot more sense?

Just proves that BBA will flirt with men when times are tough...... :D

are you kidding me....what do you mean "when times are tough"....big boy ;)

Back