• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2006 MOD GTG

Bueno

CANCELLED CANCLLED LACK OF ATTENDEES

UNTIL WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE

WELL I TRIED!

We have not received any replies to the email Chuck sent out. It's was down to me Chuck.

NO new date!

A CLUB IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THOSE WHO WANT IT!

um me asap all lights on mod plus any other ones i need help with the all on even looking through the diagams..i suck so why not a saturday sooner the better

I'm going to be very presice! ?Every other Saturdays are really really really bad for us, but the opposite Saturdays work OK, we could get up there around 4:00 (better than nothing I guess):

Bad Saturdays (up through May): ?3-25, 4-8, 4-22, 5-6, 5-20.

Good Saturdays: ?3-18, 4-1, 4-15, 4-29, 5-13 & 5-27 (but that is Memorial Day Weekend!)

Starting in June, it will be a crap shot, but at least the weather will be decent!

Now the hard part! ?Which mod do I want to do????? ?I think I would like the Full Time DRL's, that would be easy enough, right? ?Especially if I get there so darn late?

Thanks for setting this up again! ?Like we talked last year, lets get a collection together to donate to the church! ?(don't forget the beer this year too! ?:laugh:)

Chris :)

Let The List Begin

Dates
Saturdays:? 3-18, 4-1, 4-15, 4-29, 5-13 5-27

People? ? ? ? ? ?Mod
? ? 1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? all lights on mod
? ? 2? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? remote tailgate
    1                Full Time DRL's

And we can have have beer bring your huggy >:D

NEXT.....

i need a 3-11 meet

ok so is there a date set in stone yet, also i would like to try the mod with the leds in the sail pannel anyone know where i can pick up a set local?

just let me know when and the address

leave me a message at 719-559-9185

will

Picking a date is the hardest part that is why the date range is so large 3-18, 4-1, 4-15, 4-29, 5-13 5-27 this gives people a chance to to look at their schedules and I can post a head count and pick a date were we can have a good turnout.

I am open to dates suggestion (May June July....) so this can be out side the months and dates above.

I could also use some help organizing the MGTG

Chuck could you send out an email to all our members not all them check this board regularly.

what do you need help with?

i am pcsing and moving to alaska in april so i was just hoping to get a couple of mods done and meet a few avers before i left

Hello, this sounds great, where is the church?  My mods would be almost non-existant, but it would be fun to meet everyone.

Well Nicole and I will be moving towards the end of April so we'll be busy until May painting and fixing up the new place, packing and cleaning up the old place and all so I'm leaning towards a weekend in May.

Cool, Chuck, where are you moving to?  Need any trucks to help you out?  I have a few friends with really nice Avalanches :D!!

Still keeping an eye on this thread... it's not any worse to drive to Colorado from Kansas City as it is to drive to Tennessee from Kansas City to meet fellow AVers!

Chris

Chris In CO said:
Cool, Chuck, where are you moving to?? Need any trucks to help you out?? I have a few friends with really nice Avalanches :D!!

Nicole and I will hold you to that!  Actually its just a few miles away.  It was my grandmother's house (duplex actually) and my mom lives next door.  We were thinking that 2-3 Avs making 3-4 trips would save on the cost of a moving truck... meaning more money for beer and pizza for the movers... >:D if you know what I mean?

:jacked:

I better start a new thread!  LOL

Any date if its a saturday works for me. Any of the mods sound cool, however the tailgate deal has my interest. What should I bring to get that on? The sooner the better.

Hello,
Not sure if I can wait until mod night, but I just bought a westin bull bar and lights.  I'll be looking into an extra fuse panel and have the Plasma Glow Fire & Ice on order (about a month out).  I may also have the sail panel lights ready for install (pending the fuse panel).  Any time works for me, I'll be watching for the posts...

If you have a GTG - I have some items that I will sell (and help install if I am available)

1) SOLD PENDING FUNDS - Power tailgate lock kit that I purchased from Gadget but never installed. ($20.00) - Wires wrapped in plastic coil, lock actuator and metal strap.

2) TxAVY bed rack with hardware and the optional 4 mounting plates (these plates have never mounted)- (the rear mounts have a little rust around the key lock holes - but I have the vinyl covers) ($200 - originally cost over $400) - Search for -
GROUP BUY - Custom TXAVy Bed Rack

3) Gray-woodgrain Denali Dash Bezel (2003-2006) ($75.00)

4) Ford Keys for front end lift with gear puller ($60.00)

5) STILL AVAILABLE - JL Audio midgate and the 1000/1 amp.? I also have a JL Audio 450/4 amp and a 25 Farad Rockford capacitor that are available as well. - See post in For Sale section posted by me.

6) Stock Avalanche Alternator - <1 year of use ($30.00)

PM Me to get first shot.? I can meet you in Castle Rock - will try to make the GTG - or Maybe Joe or one of the Colorado Springs guys will pick it up for you if I cannot make it.

Just to make sure Im clear on thing, the GTG is on 5/13/06 at

Bible Baptist Church of Erie
5050 Ne County Line Rd
(1 mile south of Hwy 52)
Erie, CO 80516

and we will be working on tailgates, lights and brush gaurds right. What else should we bring? This will be my first and Im really looking forward to it.

chadstr,

I think that info is correct!? You try to score a tailgate lock kit from _gadget_ (unless you are the one that snagged Castle_Rock_Av's kit).? He's been posting on TOS, but I haven't seen much of him on here.? You might want to drop him a PM to ask if he will be coming to this GTG.? He got worked to the bone on the first one and helped out a ton.? (y)

If _gadget_ is not coming or can't get one for you, I see the kits on eBay all the time.? I think enough of us have done the install or helped with an install, that we'll be able to do it with no problems.? Oh, you will need some double-sided automative trim tape, too.? That is needed to put some of the cladding pieces back on the tailgate.

I think we need to look back in the thread for the first MOD GTG as _gadget_ listed the size of rivets that we'd need to put the tailgate back together.? I highly recommend splitting the tailgate to install the lock.? I was the only one at the first MOD GTG to not split the tailgate and it was a bugger trying to get the actuator adjusted correctly.? Plus, the actuator throws so hard, it would loosen the mounting screws and I would either be locked out of the tailgate or have no locking at all, thankfully that has been resolved.? (You have to remove the tab from the key operated lock mechanism, unless you fab up something else.? I just removed mine.)

I certainly hope to make this GTG - in a support role only.? If I can, perhaps we can caravan up together.? I've been there once, so I shouldn't get too lost trying to find it again. ;)? If I do make it, I can bring tools, specifically a rivet tool and torx head drivers.

We need to get W1LL to go, too.

TTYL,

-Joe

hella yess i want to go!!!

but i leave here on the 1st if we can do it this month sometime it would be great!!!

you could always come by my yard sale and pick up some new toys like dirt bikes, trailers, a 32" tv maybe a love seat couch chair and ottoman all over stuffed and more i gotta get rid of this stuff before i leave might be able to trade, for some stuff, looking for a handgun for in home protection, there are like 1,165 child molesters that live in anchorage and all are near schools within 1000 feet!!  WTF is up with that?? and alot of them live and work on post!!!?? gotta keep the kiddies safe time to go pistolio shopping

tried to get one here through a pawn shop but since i live in CO have a north carolina drivers liscence and home of record is texas they said no!!?? whats going on nowadays a punk can go to joe blow and pick one up but a person oin the military can not purchase one legally.....WTF!!! :help: :needhug:

Back