• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

DIFFERENT YEARS HP3

AVY14

im not an electronic genius here ok? just to make it clear... has anybody tried messing around with the programmer? like using an 04 programmer to an 02? its just because i am seeing alot of programmers for 03 and up and they are selling it dirt cheap... i saw one in craigslist for 150... for an 02, i dont see anything... i have to buy it 400 shipped...

also, what are the consequences if i try this? is the damage worth 1k plus? thanks for the help

Good question but I think it would work.  I think during the connection phase at the beginning, the HPIII would give you an error. 

I do believe that the Programmers are separated by years, because there are updated programs. I'm not totally sure, but I would agree w/ Loggie, that it would most likely just give you an error, if you tried to use an 02 on an 03 or higher. Just remember, the Computers on the 03+ AVs are more advanced than the 02 AVs. So that may play a factor in it. Also if you do get the 02 for $150, remember that you probably won't be able to get that much for it, if it doesn't work, and you'll just be out that much more when you have to buy a brand new one.

-James.

Back