• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

MPG difference after exhaust and intake

AndyLanche03

I was averaging 14.3 MPG mainly city driving.  I  got flowmaster super 40s coming out 2 outlets in the back (behind bumper, one on each side of the tow hitch).  After 1.5 months of driving, I got 15.2 MPG.  So almost a mile difference.  Pretty awesome, right?

TXYank sold me a Airraid intake he had extra (I believe from a tahoe) for $27 shipping included!!!  I am now getting 15.6 MPG after about 3 weeks worth of driving.

14.3 to 15.6 in the matter of 2 months and 2 mods.  Not to bad.  Thought I would share this info.

FYI- a little resonance at about 1800 RPMs, but I actually drive at that speed so I can hear it.... it sounds beautiful (Fiancee doesnt like it though ;)).  As far as performance gains... I cant tell.  Remember... our trucks do weigh 8 million pounds, so I didnt expect much.  But it sure does sound better and makes my car run more efficient (mpgs).
Id recommend them to anyone.

Yea way back when My ride was New. 1st i added a Magnaflow,KnN Kit & jet stage two kit and was averaging 15.5-16 MPG with 4:10's

Then I lifted it Stick some 35x12.5's on, Added Electric Fans to help HP & MPG. :laugh:

And Now I  :love: My ride  (Gass What  :rolleyes:)

SRFNSNO said:
(Gass What? :rolleyes:)

Pretty much.  I cant believe the lanche even has an instant fuel economy.  Instead of saying 15.6... it should say "Did you honestly buy this truck and think about gas mileage" when you click on the fuel button  ;)

Back