• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Independence Day Cookout - July 8th, 2006

What(s) day is more convenient

• Total voters

NorthFace-of-NW-IN

SM 2003
Hello everyone, :D

We just want to get a feeling for the best time to have a Cookout GTG at our house again? :p.
Last year we had a decent number of members show up. We would like to see everyone who came last time, and some more members that live in the area if possible. :welcome:

We will try to follow the same format as last year. We will supply the meats and members bring a side dish to share.
Also we will supply the refreshments(soda, water), you need to bring any "favorite" drinks you may have or want. >:D

We know is a little early but want to plant the seed early, so other members can see this with plenty of time to plan for it.

Thank you

David & Debbie

When: Saturday July 8th, 2006
Time: 1:00 p.m. (I will start cooking around 2:00 p.m.)

Send me a PM if you need directions to my house.

So far we have

Attending
1.? ?IRONTRAIN + 1 (?)
2.? ?Z66BUTCH - jomomma (broccoli salad)
3.? ?Avialanche (cookies)
4.? ?Mdz66 + 1 (?)
5.? ?Blackchev- Jnspur (Veggie Tray & Dip (not Blackchev))
6.? ?StrobinAvalanche (cupcakes)
7.? ?Mongo Ranger-Mongo's Wife + 1 (cake)
8.? ?LakeFX + 3 (Potato salad and macaroni salad)
9.? ?Armored1 (Fruit Salad and/or Watermelon)
10. OldVMer + 1 (cheesecake)
11. Z71Dave - MrsZ71Dave (7 layer salad)
12. Freezeradio +2? (?)

Maybe
1. Flint4x4
2. cdwpowerhouse
3. dm
4. Main One

Let me know if I have the lists right.

******NOTE*******
There will be some Non-Avalanche friends at this GTG (ford, dodge, etc) Let's try to be friendly to the non-believers? :laugh: :laugh:

July 8th or 9th works for me. Looking forward to seeing any and all who attend.

Mark is off the weekend of July 1 & 2.  He will have to work the 3rd & 4th -- Sorry can't say no to Holiday Pay!! :)  and works the 8th & 9th......

Hopefully you guys can do it then and we'll bring the cake  :love: since we'll need to celebrate Ross' first birthday!  wooo hooo!! 

I'd like to visit again if I could get Wendy to go this time,
I'm off work at 3AM or so on July 1st for 17 days. 

I plan to make the Southern Nights GTG in Alabama in late May which is more than twice the distance. 

Tdybr27 said:
not saying I will come up, BUT, if it was held on the weekend there'd be a chance I could make it

I think I will have it on the weekend. (99.9%)?

I most likely would have it on a Saturday, and even if some decide to spend the night in town, there is Sunday to head back home.

We have more people interested on the 8th and 9th weekend.? :D? I just don't know if fireworks would be as welcomed then as on the 4th?

I think fireworks may be more "acceptable"? on the 1st.? >:D >:D

I guess it's just a matter of which weekend now. :help:

I will be setting the time by middle to late march.

Later

David

I know I won't drive down July 1 unless I get off work well before 3AM, I'm not coming unless Wendy accompanies me, her & Deb would be instant buds. I voted July 8 but not sure we can show.

About fireworks, since 4th of July is a Tuesday I wouldn't expect Saturday night on the 8th to cause alot of complaints. Most fireworks are illegal here but they go off from mid June thru July.

Loren

Will the aerial rides be available with year? :p

Butch

Hello all,

It's looking like July 8 for this GTG. :love:

I am still waiting for my work to schedule our plantwide shutdown. I hope it's not during that week because it would make it very hard to have it on either weekend (1st or 8th) :E: :E:.? Luckily I have a little say on when to schedule it. >:D

Anyways, it looks like July 8th is the day. So mark you calendars!!!! and start the countdown. :p

I will let you know if there are any changes on the date, but so far it will be on the 8th.

Later,

David

NorthFace-no more said:
Hello all,

It's looking like July 8 for this GTG. :love:

I am still waiting for my work to schedule our plantwide shutdown. I hope it's not during that week because it would make it very hard to have it on either weekend (1st or 8th) :E: :E:.? Lukyly I have a little say on when to schedule it. >:D

Anyways, it looks like July 8th is the day. So mark you calendars!!!! and start the countdown. :p

I will let you know if there are any changes on the date, but so far it will be on the 8th.

Later,

David

Sounds good NFNM. Can you post the location (address) of the GTG? I'll check with the main cook and post what we'll be bringing later.

Irontrain said:
Sounds good NFNM. Can you post the location (address) of the GTG? I'll check with the main cook and post what we'll be bringing later.

It's at his house so I'm sure he'll PM you the address but not post it. If I can convince Wendy to go I'm pretty sure I can find my way there again. I PMd my OnStar# and ETA when I left my house, got a call when I was within 5 miles. I wasn't lost, just a little slow.

NorthFace-no more said:
Attending
1. IRONTRAIN
2. Z66BUTCH
3. Avialanche
4. Mdz66-Btchinj
5. Blackchev- Jnspur
6. SumWhiteZ71

Maybe
1. Tdybr27
2. Flint4x4

Let me know if I have the lists right.

I don't remember Debbie's S/N but if she still has her Avalanche she should be on the list.  :D

I'll stay on the "maybe list" until the last minute. I'm not giving Wendy time to back out, I might get her in the truck and then inform her of the destination.  >:D

NorthFace-no more said:
>:D OH! i still have "MY" Avalanche!!? >:D? David got rid of his.? ?:laugh:?
I am just use to going under his name. :D

That's funny Debbie? :wave:?
maybe you two could sign your posts so I don't get confused? :rolleyes:
I just got a mental picture of both of you signing posts "D" just to mess with me  :p

Flint4x4 said:
That's funny Debbie  :wave: 
maybe you two could sign your posts so I don't get confused  :rolleyes:
I just got a mental picture of both of you signing posts "D" just to mess with me  :p

haha confusing...  :beating:

Flint4x4 said:
That's funny Debbie? :wave:?
maybe you two could sign your posts so I don't get confused? :rolleyes:
I just got a mental picture of both of you signing posts "D" just to mess with me :p

I normally sign all of my posts? (used to doing it from writing business emails).

Officially it is Debbie's truck, but since we sold my truck to buy her car, I get to drive the AV every day. >:D >:D(its mine, all mine)

Anyways, looking forward to this GTG.

I am still trying to decide if I am going to do it the same way as last year or make some changes to the menu. Any suggestions? ???

Later,

David

I was real surprised that I liked those short ribs out on the  grill! I had never had them that way but they were great! For me, burgers always work well........What about the sides, any requests? Last year we brought a pea salad and something else that I don't remember right now. I am sure we will enjoy what ever is there! :love:

Thanks for hosting the JULY EAT & GREET!

Butch

Back