• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanches Cruise Niagara Update.

MrBill

Charter Member
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Dear fellow Avalanche fans,

It is with much sadness and a heavy heart that I must announce that Avalanches Cruise Niagara will not be held this year. After a lot of soul-searching and discussions with the other planning committee members, we have decided that we cannot devote the time and effort that this event requires and deserves. It's sad to see the passing of an era, but situations change, and sometimes it's necessary to move on.

I wish to thank all of the members who have attended this event in the past. You have made all the long hours of work, the many frustrations, and the expenses all worthwhile. Without you there would be no reason to hold an event such as this.

I would also like to give a special thank you to the numerous members who have volunteered their time, money, and efforts to help with the planning and running of this event, and also for lining up sponsors or donating prizes. Without you, there simply would be no event.

I hope everyone has a great summer filled with exciting and fun-filled Avalanche plans and activities. It's unfortunate that Avalanches Cruise Niagara can't be a part of those plans.

Sincerely,

MrBill - Avalanches Cruise Niagara Chairman

Thanks any way Mr Bill? We know how much it takes to put together a BIG GTG like this.. I know this year Steph and I's wedding is in May and We couldn't take the time off to go to this great event...

Here are some pics from last year..? Thanks for everything...

Attachments

• canada4 002 (Custom).jpg
    canada4 002 (Custom).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 247
It was a good time by all...It will be missed this year :(

Attachments

• canada2 012 (Custom).jpg
    canada2 012 (Custom).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 488
  • canada3 033 (Custom).jpg
    canada3 033 (Custom).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 244
Understanding your points, MrBill!! I am just very happy that I got to meet all the wonderful people in the two Niagara's that we got to attend!!!? :love:

Gonna have to find an alternate event to attend each year now!!!? :love:
index.php

WHO is that INSANE FELLA at the end of the table!! >:D

Thanks for your update and I look forward to 07.. 

Mike

I'm sorry just a few more to remember the good times had by all...

Attachments

• canada3 026 (Custom).jpg
    canada3 026 (Custom).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 236
  • canada 7 from S.S. 021 (Custom).jpg
    canada 7 from S.S. 021 (Custom).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 234
The man of the hour....

Look at all those Av's....

Attachments

• canada 7 from S.S. 078 (Custom).jpg
    canada 7 from S.S. 078 (Custom).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 236
  • canada 7 from S.S. 068 (Custom).jpg
    canada 7 from S.S. 068 (Custom).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 233
Sooooooooooooo, what other GTG's are within driving distance of me .... gotta start making plans NOW for the FUTURE big GTG's!!!  :love:  Hmmm, SEPT/OCTOBER of next year sounds good!!

That is the way these things work.  There's a lot of effort that goes into putting an event like this together.  Unless there is a continual infusion of fresh "muscle" an event like this will only happen a few times before the planners need a break and time to attend to other elements in their lives. 

I, like many I am sure, very much appreciate the work that MrBill, SS, et. al. put into the Niagara GTGs that did happen and am very happy that we were able to attend. 

But, there are plenty of opportunities out there -- Bluegrass last year was great -- as was cruising the Whites in New England.  The Arizona group has an awesome GTG planned, there's Crystal River, and Laughlin, and STS (can I say that?), and the International BBQ Festival, and Southern Nights and... and...  Plus I'm still hoping to get to a Hot Dog Run in Jersey some Saturday when we can make it.  ;-)

So to all who made the past Niagara GTGs a big success, I send my  heartfelt appreciation. :love:

--OldVMer

P.S.  Yak, are you still planning the 2007 National GTG in Labrador City?  >:D

We never made one of the Niagara events but planned to in the furture. I keep planning on getting out on the east coast for some events but something always comes up.............Sorry to see this one go!

Butch

:6: i was looking forward to another wild time in niagara.. ah well.. just have to find somewhere else to go this year.. hmm.. how far away is arizona anyway? ;)

Thanks Mr. Bill  :wave:
I made both NF GTG's.... My schedule is full with GTG's that are fairly local to me so this will save a few thousand miles on the AV this year.

bikerchic1977 said:
:6: i was looking forward to another wild time in niagara.. ah well.. just have to find somewhere else to go this year.. hmm.. how far away is arizona anyway? ;)

2500 miles from Long Island Babe...

The gas & tolls alone will eat you out of house and home...

bikerchic1977 said:
:6: i was looking forward to another wild time in niagara.. ah well.. just have to find somewhere else to go this year..

:0: Why Not Niagara ?

How about a joint effort of the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, & CT) Coordinators (Me, You, & Gary) to put something together for Niagara in spite of it all.

It may not be as grand, but I am sure if we get Stan (NatsCanAv) involved too it will be a lot of fun.  We still have plenty of time too.

I'm sure others will want to help make this happen.

We can have it at the same Motel as last year.  (the night-time parking lot fun was the best part)

I'll give yoy a call Erin.  We can discuss this further and if we decide to we can make some new posts about it.

John

It should never have been treated as a business in the first place, a "chairman" of a social event? Granted, it needed guidance but it was destined to fail.
There is such a thing as overplanning, it comes at a cost, financial and otherwise.

JSal69 said:

How about a joint effort of the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, & CT) Coordinators (Me, You, & Gary) to put something together for Niagara in spite of it all.

It may not be as grand, but I am sure if we get Stan (NatsCanAv) involved too it will be a lot of fun.? We still have plenty of time too.

We can have it at the same Motel as last year.? (the night-time parking lot fun was the best part)

I'll give yoy a call Erin.? ?We can discuss this further and if we decide to we can make some new posts about it.

John

I love this mans thought process!!!  :love:

Wow, that's too bad.... :6:

Me and my dad were both looking forward to another great fun-filled time at Niagara but we both understand the circumstances and what it really takes to pull off an event like this. Thanks to EVERYONE who has done ANYTHING to help make the two previous Niagara runs a success!  :love:

Jsal, That would be awesome! Let us know when you get more info!  :yourock:

-Ty & Jim (Ty's dad)

JSal69 said:

It may not be as grand, but I am sure if we get Stan (NatsCanAv) involved too it will be a lot of fun.? We still have plenty of time too.

We can have it at the same Motel as last year.? (the night-time parking lot fun was the best part)

I'll give yoy a call Erin.? ?We can discuss this further and if we decide to we can make some new posts about it.

John

I'll help with this idea.....  I'm interested!  Yo, Brother Yak!  You best be coming!!!!

Mr. Bill:  I am very happy to have attended the first one and won the prize for driving the farthest from AR.  My son says that was the best vacation he has ever been on.  Thank you for all of your hard work.

JAYHAWK

JAYHAWK said:
Mr. Bill:? I am very happy to have attended the first one and won the prize for driving the farthest from AR.? My son says that was the best vacation he has ever been on.? Thank you for all of your hard work.

JAYHAWK
Yes, I remember you STEALING my PRIZE!!!  :p  :p  :p

Back