Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/28/14 01:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalanches Cruise Niagara Update.  (Read 8346 times)
MrBill
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« on: 01/13/06 01:55 PM »

Dear fellow Avalanche fans,

It is with much sadness and a heavy heart that I must announce that Avalanches Cruise Niagara will not be held this year. After a lot of soul-searching and discussions with the other planning committee members, we have decided that we cannot devote the time and effort that this event requires and deserves. It's sad to see the passing of an era, but situations change, and sometimes it's necessary to move on.

I wish to thank all of the members who have attended this event in the past. You have made all the long hours of work, the many frustrations, and the expenses all worthwhile. Without you there would be no reason to hold an event such as this.

I would also like to give a special thank you to the numerous members who have volunteered their time, money, and efforts to help with the planning and running of this event, and also for lining up sponsors or donating prizes. Without you, there simply would be no event.

I hope everyone has a great summer filled with exciting and fun-filled Avalanche plans and activities. It's unfortunate that Avalanches Cruise Niagara can't be a part of those plans.

Sincerely,

MrBill - Avalanches Cruise Niagara Chairman

NRA Life Member, Disabled American Veteran, CAFCNA Member #95
enkeiavalanche

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/13/06 02:14 PM »

Thanks any way Mr Bill  We know how much it takes to put together a BIG GTG like this.. I know this year Steph and I's wedding is in May and We couldn't take the time off to go to this great event...

Here are some pics from last year..  Thanks for everything...
enkeiavalanche

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/13/06 02:17 PM »

It was a good time by all...It will be missed this year Sad
Yakmar

A long time ago, in an Avalanche far away.......

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/13/06 02:20 PM »

Understanding your points, MrBill!! I am just very happy that I got to meet all the wonderful people in the two Niagara's that we got to attend!!!  love

Gonna have to find an alternate event to attend each year now!!!  love

WHO is that INSANE FELLA at the end of the table!!

2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.
Hugz
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Double Rainbow find me at the bottom of one!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/13/06 02:22 PM »

Thanks for your update and I look forward to 07.. 

Mike
enkeiavalanche

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/13/06 02:47 PM »

I'm sorry just a few more to remember the good times had by all...
enkeiavalanche

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01/13/06 02:49 PM »

The man of the hour....

Look at all those Av's....
Yakmar

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01/13/06 03:43 PM »

Sooooooooooooo, what other GTG's are within driving distance of me .... gotta start making plans NOW for the FUTURE big GTG's!!!  love  Hmmm, SEPT/OCTOBER of next year sounds good!!

2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.
OldVMer
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love my LTZ and z/VM

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 01/13/06 04:11 PM »

That is the way these things work.  There's a lot of effort that goes into putting an event like this together.  Unless there is a continual infusion of fresh "muscle" an event like this will only happen a few times before the planners need a break and time to attend to other elements in their lives. 

I, like many I am sure, very much appreciate the work that MrBill, SS, et. al. put into the Niagara GTGs that did happen and am very happy that we were able to attend. 

But, there are plenty of opportunities out there -- Bluegrass last year was great -- as was cruising the Whites in New England.  The Arizona group has an awesome GTG planned, there's Crystal River, and Laughlin, and STS (can I say that?), and the International BBQ Festival, and Southern Nights and... and...  Plus I'm still hoping to get to a Hot Dog Run in Jersey some Saturday when we can make it.  ;-)

So to all who made the past Niagara GTGs a big success, I send my  heartfelt appreciation. love

--OldVMer

P.S.  Yak, are you still planning the 2007 National GTG in Labrador City?   
« Last Edit: 01/13/06 04:12 PM by OldVMer » Logged

2013 Silver Ice LTZ Black Diamond Edition
2009 Black LTZ MODS: ambers (Retired with 124,594 miles)
2003 Light Pewter 1500 Z71 (Retired with 220,885 miles)
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 01/13/06 04:19 PM »

We never made one of the Niagara events but planned to in the furture. I keep planning on getting out on the east coast for some events but something always comes up.............Sorry to see this one go!

Butch

Production of the Avalanche may be "water under the bridge"
but our love for them lives on!
bikerchic1977
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 01/13/06 04:30 PM »

dissappointed i was looking forward to another wild time in niagara.. ah well.. just have to find somewhere else to go this year.. hmm.. how far away is arizona anyway? Wink
TNAV
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

How About those RED SOX!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 01/13/06 05:53 PM »

Thanks Mr. Bill  Wave
I made both NF GTG's.... My schedule is full with GTG's that are fairly local to me so this will save a few thousand miles on the AV this year.
JSal69
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

LI/NYC Chapter Decals On Sale Now - $6 each

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 01/13/06 10:21 PM »

dissappointed i was looking forward to another wild time in niagara.. ah well.. just have to find somewhere else to go this year.. hmm.. how far away is arizona anyway? Wink

2500 miles from Long Island Babe...

The gas & tolls alone will eat you out of house and home...

'04 Arrival Blue, WBH, Z71, SS Emblems, SS Headrests, Chrome SS Silverado Rims & SS White Face Gauge Cluster w/Trans Temp, Denali Dash Bezel, Many Chrome Parts, Born-On-Date 11/28/03, Adoption Date 01/02/04, Member Of The A.B.N.

"THOUGH I DRIVE THRU THE VALLEY OF RICE, I SHALL FEAR NO IMPORT... FOR TORQUE ARTE' WITH ME..."
JSal69

LI/NYC Chapter Decals On Sale Now - $6 each

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 01/13/06 10:28 PM »

dissappointed i was looking forward to another wild time in niagara.. ah well.. just have to find somewhere else to go this year..

idea Why Not Niagara ?

How about a joint effort of the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, & CT) Coordinators (Me, You, & Gary) to put something together for Niagara in spite of it all.

It may not be as grand, but I am sure if we get Stan (NatsCanAv) involved too it will be a lot of fun.  We still have plenty of time too.

I'm sure others will want to help make this happen.

We can have it at the same Motel as last year.  (the night-time parking lot fun was the best part)

I'll give yoy a call Erin.   We can discuss this further and if we decide to we can make some new posts about it.

John

'04 Arrival Blue, WBH, Z71, SS Emblems, SS Headrests, Chrome SS Silverado Rims & SS White Face Gauge Cluster w/Trans Temp, Denali Dash Bezel, Many Chrome Parts, Born-On-Date 11/28/03, Adoption Date 01/02/04, Member Of The A.B.N.

"THOUGH I DRIVE THRU THE VALLEY OF RICE, I SHALL FEAR NO IMPORT... FOR TORQUE ARTE' WITH ME..."
pydpiper

Pocket full of sunshine!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 01/14/06 06:04 AM »

It should never have been treated as a business in the first place, a "chairman" of a social event? Granted, it needed guidance but it was destined to fail.
There is such a thing as overplanning, it comes at a cost, financial and otherwise.
« Last Edit: 01/14/06 05:12 PM by pydpiper » Logged

Sig pic removed exceeded 30kb
Yakmar

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 01/14/06 06:45 AM »

idea Why Not Niagara ?

How about a joint effort of the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, & CT) Coordinators (Me, You, & Gary) to put something together for Niagara in spite of it all.

It may not be as grand, but I am sure if we get Stan (NatsCanAv) involved too it will be a lot of fun.  We still have plenty of time too.

We can have it at the same Motel as last year.  (the night-time parking lot fun was the best part)

I'll give yoy a call Erin.   We can discuss this further and if we decide to we can make some new posts about it.

John

I love this mans thought process!!!  love

tfwakeboarder14

"Wakeboarder for life!"

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 01/14/06 07:29 AM »

Wow, that's too bad.... dissappointed

Me and my dad were both looking forward to another great fun-filled time at Niagara but we both understand the circumstances and what it really takes to pull off an event like this. Thanks to EVERYONE who has done ANYTHING to help make the two previous Niagara runs a success!  love

Jsal, That would be awesome! Let us know when you get more info!  You rock!

-Ty & Jim (Ty's dad)

My dad owns the AVALANCHE and I'm his son
'02 FGM Z-71

MODS: Altec LOF, Electric Brakes, Avalanche lettering decals, bug deflecter, rain guards, running boards, ambers, Streetglow green LED I-Scanners, Single LEDS in storage compartments, Billet Grille from Enkei, 40% tint on front windows, and many more to come!

Future Mods: Exhaust & Air Intake

JustMove (aka Mini-Yak)
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

DON'T HATE THE PLAYER...HATE THE GAME!

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: 01/14/06 12:55 PM »

idea Why Not Niagara ?

John

I'll help with this idea.....  I'm interested!  Yo, Brother Yak!  You best be coming!!!!

'02 Z71 Wrecked....RIP
'07 LT3 Black on Black
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kurtg8/
PUNISHER

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 01/14/06 07:24 PM »

i just heard about this tonite at the local meet.  sorry to hear it will not be happening.

AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC
JAYHAWK

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, KU! KU!

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 02/01/06 12:51 PM »

Mr. Bill:  I am very happy to have attended the first one and won the prize for driving the farthest from AR.  My son says that was the best vacation he has ever been on.  Thank you for all of your hard work.

JAYHAWK

'03 Summit White,4X4,WBH,ADRLs,JJent Vert SS Grille,PIAA wipers,Mag Mod, SS Bug Deflector,Custom Bowtie,Tinted Front and Rear,SS Inserts,Magnaflow exhaust,Sail Windows,Chrome Nerfs,Locking Billet Fuel Door,ProCold Air, Decals,SS Handles,SS Tailgate Straps,Flip-Step,SS Tailgate Letters,SS Sail Screws,Billet gearshift,Window Vents,SS Door Sill Plates/door trim,Smoke Headlight Covers,All-four-on heads and tails,chrome tail covers,chrome mirror inserts,Air Horns,Garmin V GPS,Swing-n-Load,GtGs-Canada,AR,TN,LA,TX
Yakmar

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 02/01/06 12:53 PM »

Mr. Bill:  I am very happy to have attended the first one and won the prize for driving the farthest from AR.  My son says that was the best vacation he has ever been on.  Thank you for all of your hard work.

JAYHAWK
Yes, I remember you STEALING my PRIZE!!!  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

cadboy1
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 02/01/06 06:21 PM »

Here is Yak accepting his prize love

04 AV 2500
01 Olds Aurora 4.0
07 Trailblazer SS AWD
Yakmar

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 02/01/06 06:22 PM »

SOrry, but NOBODY will believe that because he has more hair than I do!!!  Tongue

enkeiavalanche

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 02/01/06 06:29 PM »

This is true.....
Zoojelly

Supercharged Suburbalanche

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 02/02/06 07:44 AM »

Thanks Mr. Bill and all the other volunteers who made this possible, We had a great time and look forward to 2007

2004 Z66 Sport Red WBH adopted 9/27/04 even though it has a hole in the roof and seats made from cows skin; 
You can track my 68 GTO frameoff restoration at Performance Years
tfwakeboarder14

"Wakeboarder for life!"

Awards
« Reply #25 on: 02/02/06 05:39 PM »

Mr. Bill,

I would also like to thank you for pulling off a great event last year! A good time was had by all, including my dad and I. It was nice to meet you and other members face-to-face and to talk. It is too bad that this will not be happening this year but I do understand the circumstances. It take A LOT of hard work and coordination to pull a huge event like NF off. I would like to thank you for doing just that and hopefully something can be held again in the near future. I hope to see you and the many other members who have attended NF in the past again sometime soon! Thanks again!  love  You rock!

Sincerely,
Ty

My dad owns the AVALANCHE and I'm his son
'02 FGM Z-71

MODS: Altec LOF, Electric Brakes, Avalanche lettering decals, bug deflecter, rain guards, running boards, ambers, Streetglow green LED I-Scanners, Single LEDS in storage compartments, Billet Grille from Enkei, 40% tint on front windows, and many more to come!

Future Mods: Exhaust & Air Intake

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: