• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where is the Jack located?

ROYZZ71

Hello Everyone.

I just purchased a 2002 Chevy AV Z71 Pewter color.  It is in MINT Condition!!!!  Previous owner babied the Truck.  By any means I am not a newbie to trucks/cars/motorcycles.  As I have owned and still own many Vehicles.  From a 700hp 4 cy turbo AWD sports car to my 1300cc Hayabusa...

But for the life of me... I cannot find the jack for this truck?  Where is it located?  Or am I just missing the jack.

I have the Kit to take the lug nuts off and what not.. But no jack! 

ROYZZ71

Passenger side rear seat, behind the cover that is easily removed.

Since you purchased it used, I'm assuming that you don't have an owner's manual.  For that, please click the Resources link on the left and you can access one - it'll solve many of these questions for you, and :welcome: aboard.

Mine is under the rear right passenger seat

Crap DougD  not fast enough  :beating: >:D

And welcome to the club

Mine is under the rear passenger seat also..? Trying to remember if you need to pull the cover off..? ? ???

ps WELCOME TO THE CLUB..  be sure to update us where your from etc..  Alot of things going on out there.. 

The other pieces for the jack are in the passenger side Storage box.

-James.

:welcome: to the club. Enjoy your stay here.

AVid

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 174
Hug_R_Av said:
Mine is under the rear passenger seat also..? Trying to remember if you need to pull the cover off..? ? ???

ps WELCOME TO THE CLUB..? be sure to update us where your from etc..? Alot of things going on out there..?

THANKS!!!!!  Everyone!

I am from Southern California.  Truck is bone stock.  So far i love the truck.  Can't wiat till I start modding it.  :)

Hope to post often on this site and hope to meet more AV owners.

Don't feel bad.  I hate to admit it but I had a flat once and after looking around for 10 minutes, I had to read the owners manual to find it and I had owned the truck for almost 2 years at the time. :rolleyes:

:welcome: aboard. 

:welcome: to the club and yep on passenger rear seat side just like the pic.

Sam

A good plan is to find it now - before you need it.  It was -20 C, alsmost midnight and darker than Hell when we needed ours. LOL

~Inez

KY_BOB said:
I hate to admit it but I had a flat once and after looking around for 10 minutes, I had to read the owners manual to find it and I had owned the truck for almost 2 years at the time. :rolleyes:

Over 4 1/2 years, second AV, never needed the jack. While I know where the jack is supposed to be located maybe I should check to see they actually installed it. I guess I could always call OnStar  :rolleyes:

:welcome: to the club

I am curious what kind of "sports car" do you have thats 700hp 4cyl turbo? And please don't say honda lol
edit: I guess its not honda since its awd, but I am still curious :)

Back