• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Brand New AV - Mileage Questions

Krausee

HI..? My name is John and I'm the proud owner of a 2 day old AV, white with the Z66 onroad package.? I am installing a square K&N air filter, switching to Mobil One 5w30, and pumping tires one or two pounds higher to urge a little better mileage from my new "real estate machine".?

My clients love the truck, feedback from my clients and coworkers is very positive. They love the ride.

Can anyone give me their best-case highway mileage and normal city milege??? I don't have a leadfoot so I'll avoid one mistake.? Forgot to mention that my AV is equipped with 3.42 Posi ... that'll help some.

:welcome:

I don't know about the 3.42

side note - it's not a posi.

I'd guess 20 on the highway.  Some people report over that, but I don't believe them if they are really driving 70mph.

I hope you didn't buy it for the mileage :)

Hope to see you at a meet sometime...perhaps our monthly Central FL lunch GTG, or the big event in Crystal River in February  :wave:

:welcome:  to CAFCNA, Krausee!

5W 30? in FL? I use 10W 30 in CA.

Not posi,  it's a locker.. :)

Your mileage will improve after a few tanks.. Unless you decide to leadfoot it then! >:D

5W30 is the recommended oil regardless of locale, no?

(looking up in manual now)

5W30 is 'recommended'

10W30 is 'acceptable if 5W30 is not available'

...not that I think 10W30 is a bad choice.

:welcome: My name is John and I'm the proud owner of .....oh look at my Sig. >:D
I get 14 city and 19+ highway wth the 3.73's. Hmmm, I think that's just what my sticker says I should get. :D

Welcome to the Florida crew.. please make sure you get signed up for the GTG in February.

Just click my sig.

Thanks

Thanks for all the info and greetings..  I'll do more research on the site regarding meetings/events.  Sounds good.

To one person's question..  I didn't get it for great mileage but for the great ride for my clients.  I appreciate the capabilities of this vehicle already and look forward to many years of service with it.

later all

My 06 LT (7500 miles) with 3.42 locker gets:
? ? ? ? ? ? ?19-20 highway (cruse set at 80)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ~17 city (with a bit of highway in there, live outside of town with all interstate to get in)
No changes, like you listed, from stock----and yes first couple a tanks seem to go quicker

:welcome: to the club

you got a nice ride for sure...you love it now and you'll love it in the long run also!
Welcome to the club!

:welcome: I get 14-16 mpg. Really doesnt depend on where or how I drive. Best ever was 16.5 with cruise on 65 mph.

Welcome to the club :wave:

Got my AMBERS yesterday, if you see a white Z66 on I95 in Brevard it's likely ME.  I love this thing.  First gas topoff at 254 was  13.1 gallons and 213 of my miles..  that's 16..2 for my first check.  My mobil one and K&N are still in the bed.  I'll update as I go

Melbourne- OUT

I constantly get 18.75 to 19 mpg each tank with my 2004 Z-66 Av.  I average about 70% highway, 30% city driving.  Cruise is set on 75mph most of the time, and I've slowed my roll around town since gas topped $2 a gallon months ago.

When I hook onto my 30ft 8000 lb travel trailer, I get between 11 and 14 mpg depending on the amount of hills and wind.  I always tow in 3rd at about 64mph on the highway.

Back