• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Help Please for Christmas Gift

avyownerwifeie

Sooo my husband owns an 2002 avalanche and for christmas i would like to get him a sirius radio receiver that can be installed so he can listen to Howard when he makes the switch. My question is is thier a specific brand /model that is compatible with the avalanche or can I go to Best Buy and buy any ole thing? I got him landmaster nerf bars and a billiet grill too which I hope are good .. i dunno .. ive never bought mods for a car or truck and have no idea what im doing.

If this posted somewhere else sorry! TY in advance for ANY help or ideas.

avyownerwifeie said:
Sooo my husband owns an 2002 avalanche and for christmas i would like to get him a sirius radio receiver that can be installed so he can listen to Howard when he makes the switch. My question is is thier a specific brand /model that is compatible with the avalanche or can I go to Best Buy and buy any ole thing? I got him landmaster nerf bars and a billiet grill too which I hope are good .. i dunno .. ive never bought mods for a car or truck and have no idea what im doing.

If this posted somewhere else sorry! TY in advance for ANY help or ideas.
Welcome to club....

all depends on how he wants to hook it up...

some will play on FM channel....and then stock radio can tune it in.....sound is not the best..but works..

other way is an adapter is required to connect to stock radio and use RCA inputs..

PS welcome to the club

Here's a link to an install on a 2003. Check out the pictures link in the first post.? Here are some other helpful links. enkeiavalanche, one of our Site Partners who sells the adapters and more, just send him a PM. And Sirius Sat. Hope it helps.

Back