• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

MY CD CHANGER IS STUCK

ductman

Any one ever had there factory 6 cd changer get stuck?  Mine is stuck on disc #6 and it just sits there at 0, no matter what you do?  Anyone have any ideas on how to un stick it or do I have to bring this P.O.S. to the dealer again.  God bless America!

Open UBEC cover, pull INFO fuse (in the lower right area), count to 10, (50 if you're really fast) >:D replace fuse and try it.

If that's a no-go, try the same with the battery (-) lead. Maybe count slower...

Still bogus? see it they can update the firmware. Make sure you have them note the CD inside and it's title if they send it in.

If it's a labeled disk, and it caused the problem, prepare to pay for the repair!

If I remember, the Lux external MDX uses the INFO fuse...

Sperry you are the best again!  I just pulled the fuse, waited and replaced it.  It works now!  I have had a problem with it before but it never stayed stuck.  If I am listening to a cd and shut off the truck, when I start the truck again the CD gets stuck at the position you shut it off in.  I have to flip through the different sources and back to it to make it start playing.  The other thing that I find annoying about the cd changer is that it shuffles through the cd's everytime you start the truck even if it is not in cd mode.  Is this normal?
Thanks again

`Good to hear that.. :)

It does sound a bit weird, but I don't have an MDX to confirm it.. I put a DVD player in that spot. :)

Maybe bug Fast Eddie and you guys can compare operation..  :0: >:D

There were TSB's on HU's with weird CD operation. Perhaps there's one on the changer..

With a 4-year 48K warranty (or more?), I hope you're still in!

I was thinking of putting my dvd in that spot, but then I would not have a changer and would have to take out the dvd to play a cd or take out the nav cd to play a cd(which is stupid).  I though of possibly putting a changer somewhere else, but where does it end?  I am still trying to come up with a good place for the dvd.  I was going to put it under the back seat, but I have my seat folded down a lot.  It does not fit in the console without some hacking-I was then thinking of modifying the rear cup holder door on the console to encase it.  I would like it up front so it is easy to use once I put the PAC in for the nav screen.  Sooner or later I'll get some free time to install everything!
Thanks again :wave:

sperry said:
Maybe bug Fast Eddie and you guys can compare .. :0: >:D

Sorry I like to keep things original ;D

Why does the CD changer have to flip every cd whenever you turn the truck on? - it seems to make so much noise people have asked if it is broken...

Fast Eddie said:
Sorry I like to keep things original ;D

What? original-I thought you had "a custom truck" with it's fancy(overpriced) grill and all.

Fast Eddie said:
Why does the CD changer have to flip every cd whenever you turn the truck on? - it seems to make so much noise people have asked if it is broken...

My 06 with a 6cd bose system doesnt flip through the cds unless you are changing them, you should get it look at.

I have spoke with a few people on this one- they have the same thing, when you first turn on your truck the CD player mounted in the center consol sounds like it flips through every CD.  It did not happen in my Av, it must have to do with the different changer used in the EXT.

:E: Guess I should read a little closer, I though we were talking about the 6cd HU.  If it is a separate changer it will probably cycle through them to check if there are cd in them.  I have only had aftermarket cd changers and they all did that because you dont need the power on to change them, thus they dont know if they are full or empty upon power up.

They'll flip through them if you re-connect the battery power.

You say they flip through if you power on & off?

Back