• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Flat Spots on gas pedal!

pureh2o

Is it me or are there flat spots during acceleration when I press down on the gas pedal? I have a new "05" av Z71, 5.3L AV It only has 5K miles on it. If I am cruising down the road, and give it a little gas, it seems like the engine says, "WHO ME?" I have to give it a little more pedal before it responds. I in stalled a Magnaflow dual exit exhaust, but did not seem to help. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks, Pureh2o.

Well since no one else has replied....

I would say that I do notice this at times. I just took it to be part of the gear ratios and the transmission. I would assume that you don't have the 4.10 rear end. I have the 3.73 and would assume that you have the same or what was the standard in an 05. This might have been the 3.42 if I recall correctly. If it is the 3.42 as I think it was in 05 it would probably make the truck more of a dog than what the 03 was. Granted you have the electric cooling fans to boost your HP some over an 02-04 but I don't know ho much that will compensate for. I have never taken on 05 or 06 out on a test drive but I suspect this is what you are feeling.

i have an o6 and i can relate to this,,there is a slow response  below 40 mph,,after this its a whiz,,,your man in the field abuelito

Thanks guys. I thought for a moment that I was imagining this. Maybe after I install the CAI, and reset the computer, it may help. I have not reset the computer after I installed the exhaust as I was waiting to install the CAI first. This does have the higher gear ratio in it. Don't get me wrong, if I am traveling around 50MPH, and want to pass someone, it does not mess around. I am very impressed with the midrange. The longer I hold the pedal down, the more extream the acceleration. After I go pass the other car, and get back into my lane, I look at my speedo. WOW! Pureh2o.

I feel it sometimes (rarely) when the cruise is on.  It has a slight stumble like it is thinking or something.

I had assumed it was the torque converter locking or unlocking in the transmission.  It feels a little like a light shift, but it stays in the same gear.

Back