• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cedar Rapids - IOWA

Tweek

Is there anyone in Cedar Rapids that has an avalanche.? Have a new 2005 Avalanche and love it.? Wanting to know about mods and things that work good in iowa's ever changing weather.? ?:welcome:

Hey Tweek!  I know it has been about a month and a half since your post.  I am new here and reside in Des Moines.  I bought an 04 avy and I completely love this thing.  Most of my mods are more for decoration and not so much performance....

Current---
FULL LED bulbs all around, inside and out.
Clear headlight and Turn Signal housings
Quad headlight ON relay conversion
Rain Guards and Bug Shield
removed stock running boards
Matching tint for front windows to match back.
22" Veloche Vasto Wheels
Toyo Tires

In the works barring Wifeys approval....  Or when we actually buy a comfortable couch... LOL

Borla Exhaust
Automatic Retracting Running Boards
Full HID lighting in front.  Hi, Low and Fogs

Take care if you are still out there... 

Joe aka Coolaidekid

Nice work so far on your avalanche. I want to get more done to mine.? I have started with the led light bar on the back and working on Mag light mod.? I found the clips in Farm and Fleet store.? Just need to finish it.?

Tweek said:
Nice work so far on your avalanche. I want to get more done to mine.? I have started with the led light bar on the back and working on Mag light mod.? I found the clips in Farm and Fleet store.? Just need to finish it.?

Hey Tweek,

Sorry for the delay in the response.  I am a member of www.avowners.com.  This site tends to be a bit stuffy and snooty at times.  If you want to have some fun, look me up over there.

I tell you, Modding your is a Ball.  I have my HID's for the front.  I bought them from a guy by the name of Justin at AVowners.com.

You should check it out.

Joe

Hey Avers; still around?

I have been on this board a couple years I think and if there is one thing I have noticed, our "area" is kinda quiet.  I see other regions and groups having little get togethers and "mini-meets" quite often but all is quiet on the home front.  Another thing I have noticed is even when driving around I can spot an Av at least a mile away and when I get next to or pass them, all ready to at least wave, they are looking the other way, like they are insulted that someone else would dare drive such a cool truck.  If I see one in a parking lot I have been known to "stalk" it until the owner comes out so I can talk to them and give them a tag.  I even drove through the median on the Hwy 5 bypass last summer to turn around and help a fellow Aver with a flat tire.  Told a guy about the club a few days ago but didn't have any tags left to give him.  (I just finished printing out a stack of new ones though!)

I live south of Boone but work all over the place around Des Moines, Altoona, and Ankeny.  Got an '02, Dark Forest Green Metallic.  It was the first, and only one for a long time in this area, with the graphite interior.  At first the green was only available with the camel interior and I didn't care for it.

My Av is pretty much stock except for a few creature comforts and mild mods.  Hope to do more in the future but reliability and dependability have always been my priority- and the Av has NEVER let me down.

Tweek, you had mentioned something about wanting to know what to do for Iowa's weather.  My best recommendation would be, and I have found plenty on the board to agree with me, Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos.  Just bought my second set.  Got right at 50K out of the first set.  Didn?t really rotate them as much as I should have and they saw quite a bit of gravel in the winters hunting coyotes.

Welcome aboard!  :B:

Craig

Ankeny here.  We should do a gtg at the Ledges or something.  That would be awesome.  I'm a cop, so I can't really drive all the way to another state for the gtg's.  LET'S DO IT!!! (y)

I am in CR tonight only...
Flew in little while ago...
Fly out tomorrow after lunch...
No avy.. but did see lots of old muscle cars out cruizing around very cool

Sorry to hijack the thread but if anyone from Cedar Rapids is in the area of Blairs Ferry rd and Edgewood rd can they send me some pics of this house. I lived there in 1976 My parents had it built new. I went to Kennedy H.S. It is the first house on the southwest corner of Blairs Ferry rd and Hickorywood ct.  (a little west of edgewood) Just for nostalgic purposes

Dont Know the address because back then everyones address was "RR1 Marion Iowa"

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.039676,-91.725143&spn=0.00404,0.009613&t=h&z=17

Hey we are having a Get together in Des Moines coming up in the next few weeks! It is the World Wide Avalanche GTG! Click on the link in my signature! Look forward to seeing you there!

The WWAGTG is coming July 23, 24 & 25th be ready!

Back