Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/22/14 10:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cedar Rapids - IOWA  (Read 3755 times)
Tweek

3rd AV 2011 LTZ > 2007 LT1 > 2005 Z71

Awards
« on: 09/07/05 05:42 PM »

Is there anyone in Cedar Rapids that has an avalanche.  Have a new 2005 Avalanche and love it.  Wanting to know about mods and things that work good in iowa's ever changing weather.   Welcome!

Stupidity is not a spectator sport, but it is sure fun to watch.
Coolaidekid

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/30/05 09:17 AM »

Hey Tweek!  I know it has been about a month and a half since your post.  I am new here and reside in Des Moines.  I bought an 04 avy and I completely love this thing.  Most of my mods are more for decoration and not so much performance....

Current---
FULL LED bulbs all around, inside and out.
Clear headlight and Turn Signal housings
Quad headlight ON relay conversion
Rain Guards and Bug Shield
removed stock running boards
Matching tint for front windows to match back.
22" Veloche Vasto Wheels
Toyo Tires

In the works barring Wifeys approval....   Or when we actually buy a comfortable couch... LOL

Borla Exhaust
Automatic Retracting Running Boards
Full HID lighting in front.  Hi, Low and Fogs

Take care if you are still out there...   

Joe aka Coolaidekid
Tweek

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11/16/05 07:11 PM »

Nice work so far on your avalanche. I want to get more done to mine.  I have started with the led light bar on the back and working on Mag light mod.  I found the clips in Farm and Fleet store.  Just need to finish it. 

Coolaidekid

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11/20/05 10:30 PM »

Nice work so far on your avalanche. I want to get more done to mine.  I have started with the led light bar on the back and working on Mag light mod.  I found the clips in Farm and Fleet store.  Just need to finish it. 

Hey Tweek,

Sorry for the delay in the response.  I am a member of www.av owner.com.  This site tends to be a bit stuffy and snooty at times.  If you want to have some fun, look me up over there.

I tell you, Modding your is a Ball.  I have my HID's for the front.  I bought them from a guy by the name of Justin at av owner.com.

You should check it out.

Joe
U.S.A.valanche

Avalanche all the way!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11/27/05 10:01 PM »

Hey Avers; still around?

I have been on this board a couple years I think and if there is one thing I have noticed, our "area" is kinda quiet.  I see other regions and groups having little get togethers and "mini-meets" quite often but all is quiet on the home front.  Another thing I have noticed is even when driving around I can spot an Av at least a mile away and when I get next to or pass them, all ready to at least wave, they are looking the other way, like they are insulted that someone else would dare drive such a cool truck.  If I see one in a parking lot I have been known to "stalk" it until the owner comes out so I can talk to them and give them a tag.  I even drove through the median on the Hwy 5 bypass last summer to turn around and help a fellow Aver with a flat tire.  Told a guy about the club a few days ago but didn't have any tags left to give him.  (I just finished printing out a stack of new ones though!)

I live south of Boone but work all over the place around Des Moines, Altoona, and Ankeny.  Got an '02, Dark Forest Green Metallic.  It was the first, and only one for a long time in this area, with the graphite interior.  At first the green was only available with the camel interior and I didn't care for it.

My Av is pretty much stock except for a few creature comforts and mild mods.  Hope to do more in the future but reliability and dependability have always been my priority- and the Av has NEVER let me down.

Tweek, you had mentioned something about wanting to know what to do for Iowa's weather.  My best recommendation would be, and I have found plenty on the board to agree with me, Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos.  Just bought my second set.  Got right at 50K out of the first set.  Didnít really rotate them as much as I should have and they saw quite a bit of gravel in the winters hunting coyotes.

Welcome aboard!   chevy

Craig

02 Avalanche 1500 Forest Green Metallic/Graphite Leather: Z71,LM7, M30,  G80, GT4, AN3_2, ZM9, CF5, V54
Mods: (so far) GPS, Ventvisors, K&N air filter, Amber DRL's, Mobil 1, UltiMat, CatchAll mats
chunkymonkey

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 05/27/07 03:50 PM »

Hey! I'm from Cedar Rapids as well!

Welcome!
WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 05/27/07 04:38 PM »

welcome to the club chunkymonkey  Wave

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
jimmyjam

2002 Black Z71 AV, like to keep it stock

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07/01/07 11:43 AM »

Ankeny here.  We should do a gtg at the Ledges or something.  That would be awesome.  I'm a cop, so I can't really drive all the way to another state for the gtg's.  LET'S DO IT!!! Thumbs up!

2002 Onyx Black Z71, cladding, cladding boards, charcoal int., leather, black bowtie, no decals, Wrangler AT/S tires(free for life), amber drl's, black vinyl cladding decals, smoked tails, gatorbacked.
Tweek

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02/27/08 11:08 AM »

Well heck, i guess i dropped the ball here.  Tongue Lets get something in the works, Well after the snow anyway. 

windtech

Nothing to see here, move along...

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: 04/15/08 09:41 PM »

Just kicking this back to the top because... the snow has finally melted!  Thumbs up!

2005 Av 1500, Z71 WBH, Dark Ming Blue Metallic
Ambers, FTDRL/All4Hi, Hood/Window deflectors, receiver brakelight, hardwired (mirror) Passport
Flowmaster S40, K&N Air Filter, Lighted footwells
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 05/21/09 06:49 PM »

I am in CR tonight only...
Flew in little while ago...
Fly out tomorrow after lunch...
No avy.. but did see lots of old muscle cars out cruizing around very cool

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
BigRedAv

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 06/12/09 06:26 PM »

Sorry to hijack the thread but if anyone from Cedar Rapids is in the area of Blairs Ferry rd and Edgewood rd can they send me some pics of this house. I lived there in 1976 My parents had it built new. I went to Kennedy H.S. It is the first house on the southwest corner of Blairs Ferry rd and Hickorywood ct.   (a little west of edgewood) Just for nostalgic purposes

Dont Know the address because back then everyones address was "RR1 Marion Iowa"

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.039676,-91.725143&spn=0.00404,0.009613&t=h&z=17

07 LTZ With Nav And RSE Sport Red Metallic
Mods Complete:Rechargeable Maglite, Rechargeable Air Compressor, Ambers, Sail Panel LED's, Locpick, PXAMG, HD Radio, Custom Mountain Decals, Black Painted Bowties,  Dual Batterys, HID Fog Lights, 2000 Watt Power Inverter
Mods I Must Have: Exhaust, Train Horns,  Sideview Cameras
windtech

Nothing to see here, move along...

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: 06/12/09 10:01 PM »

Tweek is out that way, if I ever make it over there I'll make an effort as well. Feeling homesick or just curious about the condition of it these days?

2005 Av 1500, Z71 WBH, Dark Ming Blue Metallic
Ambers, FTDRL/All4Hi, Hood/Window deflectors, receiver brakelight, hardwired (mirror) Passport
Flowmaster S40, K&N Air Filter, Lighted footwells
BigRedAv

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 06/15/09 04:18 PM »

Just wondering what it looks like after 32 years. Not a big deal. dont go out of your way. I just thought i might get lucky and someone was in that area.

07 LTZ With Nav And RSE Sport Red Metallic
Mods Complete:Rechargeable Maglite, Rechargeable Air Compressor, Ambers, Sail Panel LED's, Locpick, PXAMG, HD Radio, Custom Mountain Decals, Black Painted Bowties,  Dual Batterys, HID Fog Lights, 2000 Watt Power Inverter
Mods I Must Have: Exhaust, Train Horns,  Sideview Cameras
07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 07/01/10 10:41 PM »

Hey we are having a Get together in Des Moines coming up in the next few weeks! It is the World Wide Avalanche GTG! Click on the link in my signature! Look forward to seeing you there!

2007 Burnt Orange LT...No mods yet...

Had to sell her and some a$$hole trashed her! 2005 Z71 4x4 10 or so mods and LOTS of paint matching! Clear headlights, Harley Davidson emblems chrome Avalanche on rear and chrome tailgate handle chrome bow tie and of course You cant lose with 22's!
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 07/02/10 08:35 PM »

The WWAGTG is coming July 23, 24 & 25th be ready!

Production of the Avalanche may be "water under the bridge"
but our love for them lives on!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: