• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My Av on the DynoJet part II

DamonCollins

Charter Member
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Well I got to got to the dyno again today...I did a little testing while I was there. I tested 2 different airboxes...then 2 different computer tunes. The rest of my set up is in my sig.

First set of runs was stock air box and Vinci/Crane tune...317 hp 340 tq

Second set of runs was AirAid and Vinci/Crane Tune...350 hp 349 tq

Third set of runs was AirAid and Radix/SuperChips Tune...363 hp 365 tq

There is a remarkable gain from the AirAid and the Radix/SuperChips Tune, however it is somewhat less than I had hoped.  I had 264 then I added the Radix, long tube headers, off road y-pipe, and the AirAid intake. I was expecting 400hp...on the last st of runs we were getting intake temps of 155*, but, I think that being down at 110*-120* (where it should be) would only get me about 20 hp.

I will try to scan the graphs tomorrow and post them here.

Any thoughts?

over 350 rear-wheel horsepower is pretty d*mn impressive!

interesting the AirAid added so much, must really like it's oxygen. wonder what it would do with no filter at all.

good point...that would have been easy to try

wonder what a bored out throttle body and higher performance mass airflow sensor would do for things
(besides make your wallet bleed)

on ebay 213 shipped...AirAid part number 200-112...definatly a nice adder w/ the Radix

DaytonaZ71 said:
wonder what a bored out throttle body and higher performance mass airflow sensor would do for things
(besides make your wallet bleed)

Damon's wallet doesn't seem to bleed, it just manufactures idle cash!

I've got an all new mod for my wallet now....the fix my door and rocker from going sideways into a tree thanks to the little white toyote running my off the road in the rain, mod.
anyone know a decent body shop that can fix my door and rocker panel?...I got all the plasic removed and it is in good shape.

BigBlackAv said:
I've got an all new mod for my wallet now....the fix my door and rocker from going sideways into a tree thanks to the little white toyote running my off the road in the rain, mod.
anyone know a decent body shop that can fix my door and rocker panel?...I got all the plasic removed and it is in good shape.

Do we need a new smiley?? Was it driven by little green men?

How bad is it?  Bummer :(

DougD said:
Do we need a new smiley?  Was it driven by little green men?

How bad is it? Bummer :(
no...and no...bad enought to bum me out for the weekend...it happend on the way home from the dyno

BigBlackAv said:
no...and no...bad enought to bum me out for the weekend...it happend on the way home from the dyno

Well then....

:nopics:

sparky said:
Is the AirAid specific for the Radix SC?
no that part number is for gm pickups...just the opening where it connects to the MAF sensor is very close to stock so it can swap out...BlownChevy on performancetrucks.net was the first I saw to do it...he did it on a dyno also and saw 12 hp gain....not bad 200 for 12 real rwhp!

I know, I know...will post pics later...I can't do any body work, but it seems pretty minor and mostly behind the cladding so hopefully this won't dig into my mod money to bad.

BigBlackAv said:
I know, I know...will post pics later...I can't do any body work, but it seems pretty minor and mostly behind the cladding so hopefully this won't dig into my mod money to bad.

Cladding survived?

yep...the worst damage is that it ripped out some faseners for my running board...so I may have to go without...or weld them in

BigBlackAv said:
yep...the worst damage is that it ripped out some faseners for my running board...so I may have to go without...or weld them in

If you don't have a chance to fix it by lunch, I'd be happy to look it over.

thanks for the offer...just got a quote...1300 smacks...and yes Yak, that's American :p
Damnit...I can't have nuthin' nice :(

BigBlackAv said:
thanks for the offer...just got a quote...1300 smacks...and yes Yak, that's American :p
Damnit...I can't have nuthin' nice :(

Are you SURE that wasn't in pesos?  You definitely need to show me some pics.

Back