• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ambers around town

steves77

Well, in the past two days, I have seen three Avs with ambers on. I would have never paid attention until now. I'm getting mine tomorrow, so I'll be around...except nobody will know me.
See ya around town.

Right on!  Funny how we notice things that we are familiar with.  I'll be looking for you.

Wonder if you saw me...mine are Full Time (always on, even with the headlights)

...or FATLAB - white cladded Avy with painted sail panels and front bumper (not sure if he has painted more since the last time I saw his whole Avy.  Saw it parked at his work last Friday but I could only see the parts that I already mentioned.)

...or dchaltry - Victory Red (VR) '02

...or rcornwell1 - Light Pewter Metallic (LPM) '02 (I think) with a SnugTop

...or others.  Not sure if Corsagirl put ambers in or not.  She drives a Sunset (or was it Sunburst, can't remember the year) Orange Metallic (SOM) 2500.

I've seen another LPM with 1 amber DRL and the other normal.  Kinda weird lookin', if you ask me.

I need to get off my duff and post some pics of the Pikes Peak Run GTG!

TTYL,

-Joe

Just saw a DGM WBH this morning at about 7:40am - and the driver was checking my Avy out.  I'm thinking steves77 and I saw each other...I was headed west down Barnes Rd and the other fella was just turning onto eastbound Barnes.  I didn't see ADRLs, but I might have just missed them.

Give me a shout, if it was you Steve!

TTYL,

-Joe

I wish it was, but not me. I live in Falcon and go Hwy 24 into downtown. I've been looking, though. Have to attend a GTG to get to know everyone's Avy.
Let me know what's up on that front.
I just bought a travel trailer and am getting it ready for the first voyage into the wilderness tomorrow am.
I'll take some pics, but I don't know how to post them. I'll figure that out and put some up in case anyone cares.

Sorry I missed you. See you around the block.

Steve

Dang-o.  Wish it was you, too.  That'd have been kewl.

Good luck with the first trip with the new travel trailer!

If you have problems posting pics, you can email them to me and I will resize/compress them for you.  (The forum software only allows 100K or smaller images, at least the last I knew that was the size restriction.)

TTYL,

-Joe

Nope, wasn't me!

It had Ambers?  I have not seen another blue Avy with Ambers around.

TTYL,

-Joe

Ummm I know it might sound stupid,  but I'm new here and not very good with computers or the lingo.  But what are you guys talking about with the "ambers"  I figure the bulb color but which ones?  Oh and once again sorry for the dumb question.

Rojo, welcome to CAFCNA.  The Ambers they speak of are your DRL's in which members change out to the amber bulbs.  Enjoy the club and beware of the mod bug.....

rojo said:
Ummm I know it might sound stupid,? but I'm new here and not very good with computers or the lingo.? But what are you guys talking about with the "ambers"? I figure the bulb color but which ones?? Oh and once again sorry for the dumb question.
Rojo, welcome to the club :wave: you should touch base with JoeSpicoli
"Joe" He is our Cruise Coordinator in the Springs and avalanchuck "Chuck" has the mailing list manager.

There is never a dumb question when it comes to modding. If you need any ideas on how to do a mod just post your question and again  :welcome:

Kewl, another for the Springs!? Welcome, rojo!

The numbers for the ambers are 3157/4157NALL NA = Natural Amber, LL = Long Life.? I think Checkers here in town are about $.50 cheaper than AutoZone but most any place with automotive lights will have them.

DRL = Daytime Running Lights and FTDRL refers to Full Time Daytime Running Lights, a fairly easy mod done by a lot of members.

If you come to a Get Together (GTG), and you don't have any yet, I will give you a set.? (I am carrying around 2 sets now, just in case someone shows up to a GTG without them.)

I saw a black cladded Z-71 on Academy with Ambers a couple of weeks ago.? Got busy and never posted.? The gal driving it pulled into the Offices at the Park as I was pulling out.

-Joe

ok thanks I thougth that what it was but wasn't sure.  Sounds like it time for me to replace mine.  thank you Joe for the bulb numbers

Well, it wasn't Ambers, but I saw ColoradoCary (y) on my commute home this evening!  Forgot to check if he had Ambers (FT or otherwise) running.

Oh, and I forgot to say "You're welcome" to rojo.  How rude of me.  :beating:

Regards,

-Joe

Saw ColoradoCary again this morning.

But, I also saw Ambers!? Big, lifted, cladded, Black Avy with a custom grill and I think the front side windows were tinted, too.? Nice looking Avy!? I gave a wave. Was it anyone here?  I was headed eastbound on Austin Bluffs up by UCCS.  (Don't normally drive east in the morning, but I'm going to do another post on that issue.)

-Joe

Saw Ambers again! (y)

Cladded, blue, 4x4 (didn't notice if it was a 2500) that was going south on Murray at about 12:15pm today.  I gave a wave as I was stopped in the road behind the Boy Scout troop's bus.

-Joe

Matt,

Yep, that was me!  Glad you saw me go through the intersection.  (I have your step pad in a saddle bag so if we do see each other driving around and have a chance to stop, I can give it to you.)

Merry Christmas to you, too!

-Joe

if you see this naked thing running around stop by a kick a tire or two (yours not mine) :laugh:

no ambers yet

Attachments

• IMGA0093.JPG
    IMGA0093.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 220
File this one under "Better late than never"

Spotted a black cladded Avy with Ambers, headed westbound on Austin Bluffs in front of UCCS, Tuesday 3/21 at about 1pm.

I gave a wave, not sure if they saw or waved back...

-Joe

well i traded the avy in on a non nekked one blue put my ambers in and on the 20th i got smashed into by a ford focus avy is in the shop now due date out tuesday will post picks of the new avy when i get her back

W1ll, sorry to hear about the accident in your new Avy.?? :E:

What year and what shade of blue?? Bermuda Blue perhaps?? Me like Bermuda Blue! (y)?

And good decision on putting some pants on.? ?I figured you'd come around some day. >:D

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Ambers!

L8Rs,

-Joe

edit: typo - man, 2 in 2 posts.? I'm hanging it up for the night!? You'd think for someone that whined about getting spell check, he might actually use it!

Back