• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I just got this installed and need some feedback, if I am missing something

anders

I am done, i hope....

I just got this installed and need some feedback, if I am missing something.

I put an amp interface on the HU (TNR) and an aux interface for MP3 inputs (with my already installed pac VCI input it is getting crowded), and running the pre-amp output through an Pioneer DSP DEq to two amps. A kicker for my sub, and a four channel Alpine for the other 8 speakers.

I have one four channel Alpine 345 amp under the passenger side, driving JL audio VR650 CSi in the front doors, and one set of VR650 CXi in the rear doors. I also put JL TR650 tweeters in the front A-pillars replacing the Bose twiddlers. Furthermore, I put Infinity Kappa's 65.2i in the D-pillars, replacing the Bose twiddlers. I also put a Kicker amp under the driver side middle row seats driving a MB Quart sub in a custom enclosure in the back.

My Alpine Amp is driving one set of JL Audios plus an additonal tweeter in parallell, on two of the four channels, the other channels driving a set of JL Audios, and a Infinity set in parallell.

So my question is: should I worry about the impedance for the amp? Should I go with another amp for another separate four channels?

I put some photos in my gallery, more to come.

1. The JL Audio tweeters fit right in to the stock A-pillars mounts.

http://www.denalitrucks.com/coppermine/cpg132/index.php?cat=10366

2. The JL Audio VR650s fit right into the doors...

Enlarge the photo, and zoom on the door....

3. Amp install: Kicker is easy to work with, all hidden cables..

4. The hatch above the Pioneer DSP controls all video, bass boost. etc.

Thanks in advance,

Anders

I almost have my parts in to do something similar.  The amps will have to wait.  Any photos of you Sub?  You said it's getting crowded with all the interfaces.  Where did you mount them?

I see you used the pac unit for video input to the nav unit.  Does it have 2 video inputs - one for DVD and one for backup camera.  I found a Soundgat unit VIDGM1 that has two video inputs but don't know much about it.

I see you have a Pioneer system for the audio.  I'm using the Nav unit for now and am looking for an audio interface for the DVD and Ipod.  I found an Axxess unit GMIP-01 but don't know a lot about that either.  Pac has a two input audio interface for the TNR but no Ipod connector for control or charging.

Would like to hear more about you power upgrades and what you think was best for the dollars.

I have the interfaces mounted behind the dash bezel. It is crowded but it works. The pac unit has one interface only.The one you are looking at is better I think.

The power upgrades are the best bang for the buck for me. I paid 160 bucks with S&H for the Kicker. My local Best Buy/curcuit city store wanted 299...Alpine for 200 bucks. 379 in BB/CC.

I am using 4 gauge from the batery back to the seats. If you go above my power choice, you might need to upgrade speaker wires, etc. Very happy with the performance. Have looked at the Metra interface - looks really good. I'll take some photos of the sub, and install..

Keep me posted as to your progress, please.

Anders

Back