Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/28/14 03:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM Radio Service Special - One Year For $77!!!  (Read 37792 times)
Chief
Charter Member

Go team Venture!!!

WWW Awards
« on: 08/05/05 02:57 PM »

Call Up XM Radio at 800-967-2346, select changes to your account on the voicemail from Hell system, hold for a few minutes and then tell them, "I'm calling for the 1 year of service for $77 promotion," they will connect you to rentention.  Your credit card is billed for the year in one shot for $77.  Found out about this on the Grand Prix site, called, did it, and thought I'd share here.

2002 Z-71, Indigo blue, Graphite leather - purchased 12/21/01 traded in 04/13/05

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, Galaxy silver, gray leather - purchased 4/13/05 traded in 05/23/09 - second fastest stock L67 powered Grand Prix in North America

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White Hot, Onyx Leather, Sunroof, 35% tint, bass bias mod, 1/2 washer exhaust mod, 91 Octane Superchips Cortex tune

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport SWB, graphite, gray cloth, bone stock winter beater
grnxnam
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

Pastafarian

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 08/05/05 03:02 PM »

wow!  thats 1/2 of Sirius and the yearly plan they offer

Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"
moosc
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 08/05/05 05:25 PM »

holy crappo thats like sweeeeeeeeet idea
Chief
Charter Member

Go team Venture!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08/05/05 08:51 PM »

It is a GREAT deal - so happy I did it.  Found out that the prior XM drone didn't do my transfer/free three months service on my Grand Prix and got that fixed at the same time.

2002 Z-71, Indigo blue, Graphite leather - purchased 12/21/01 traded in 04/13/05

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, Galaxy silver, gray leather - purchased 4/13/05 traded in 05/23/09 - second fastest stock L67 powered Grand Prix in North America

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White Hot, Onyx Leather, Sunroof, 35% tint, bass bias mod, 1/2 washer exhaust mod, 91 Octane Superchips Cortex tune

yndio

!!!!!!Oye Mami chupa mi dedo!!!!!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08/08/05 12:04 PM »

For those of you that haven't called, make sure you're service is coming up for renewal or have just renewed from GM automobile.  For those of us that have had XM for a while and have not renewed we're basically SOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No mods whatsoever!!
Vlanche
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

05 Bermuda Blue Z71 4X4

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08/08/05 05:38 PM »

When I called I asked for the $77 GM retention special and got it with no problems.

My free 3 months ran out around May 1st.

It's not worth it to me to pay full price. The $77 special makes it pallatable.

Smiley
usa1911

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 08/10/05 06:31 AM »

Well, I just got off the phone with the retention department and they said my subscription MUST be expired before I could get this rate.   banghead

Not really a problem as my sub runs out on Sept 18th.

The guy said after that date I would be unindated with offers to renew.

We'll see. 

2005 Black Z71 LT 1500 WBH,  17'' wheels, EFILive Custom Tune, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Volant CAI, AVS Wind deflectors, Amber DRL's, Silverstars HI/LO, Chrome Tailgate Letters, Taylor TV 50s, LOF, Nav, Sunroof, Roofrack, Body/Wheel Molding
Chief
Charter Member

Go team Venture!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08/10/05 11:56 PM »

Guess folks are having different experiences - although I was going quarter to quarter, never paid in advance so that may be the difference (and had just come off of my three month free trial on the GP)

Havalanche
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

I love my 2011 Chevy Avalanche LTZ

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 08/11/05 01:45 PM »

Go Chief Go!!!!
I got mine!  Baby!! 12 months for $77.00.
What a deal.
Havalanche

2011 Black LTZ AV Loaded with Navi, DVD, EXT Painted Panels,20" chrome Rims Power Running Boards,Bluetooth,
Heated and Cool  Leather Seats, Sunroof, Lots of Chrome
and XM
Avalanche Wolf

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 08/11/05 01:51 PM »

Bewarned ! -

Fox just got horn swagled on this deal. about a month or so ago a rep had told her to renew it would be $77.00 . Sweet deal !

Well neadless to say $77 and another charge for $115 somthing somthing later we got charged the full amount. Make SURE you get the persons number date of birth , blood type , mothers maiden name !!!

We aruged for about 3 days with alot fo differant managers but still had to pay the full price.

Good luck all !
« Last Edit: 08/11/05 03:10 PM by Avalanche Wolf » Logged
cap10squid
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

FF/Medic AV Owner

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 08/11/05 02:31 PM »

Per the email I recieved

We have investigated your request and our records indicate that the promotion in
question is geared toward specific customers who met certain criterions and had
purchased new GM or Honda vehicles. We do apologize for any inconvenience that
this may have caused.

This came straight from xm so not everyone is meeting the stringent criteria apparently. I must have bought the WRONG GM vehicle dissappointed dissappointed dissappointed

Squid

'05 LT Z71, Bermuda Blue, Cladfree,Gray Leather, Sunroof, XM radio/Nav System,Bose Speakers, SS steptubes, Roof Rack, Moldings, HOOTERS Hitch cover,Irish FF Decal, Chrome C-pillar decals, SS Hood Guard, T-Rex Grill,Window Vents
Chief
Charter Member

Go team Venture!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 08/11/05 10:49 PM »

Well - that SUCKS.  They just gave it to me zip pow...more Pontiac excitement I guess.  Sorry folks, keep trying!

AHOY

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: 09/27/05 05:25 AM »

Okay folks....Here it goes....

My free 3 months expires 9/29/05.  I just called the number at the beginning of the tread. they asked me to verify names on acct, address, and DOB.  I asked for the 1yr/$77.00 special.  They said no problem but I had to call back to a different dept at 1-800-998-7900 and they would assist me.

I called and again I had to verify address and I asked for the 1yr/$77.00.  She said "no problem bear with me".  After a few hums and waits she told me I was all set and that my subsription will go in effect as of Oct 1st.  I questioned how my current service expires on 9/29 and she said there will be no interuption with service and that she set it to roll-over to the new subsrciption.

Now my real worry Huh  No money was asked for.  She told me I will get a bill in the mail for the subsription.  Huh Shocked  I offered a credit card for the accnt, she said no I can pay by mail or credit card when I get the bill. Roll Eyes  I like this but question it too...Are they that despriate to keep listeners by going the old fashioned way off billing and waiting for payment?  Hope so...I may call back tomorrow to verfy my order.  It just sounds to goo to be true...

Any .02 on this??

Thanks,
AHOY

'05 Sport Red Z71 cladded, Born 04/05, all options added, amber drls, molded splash guards, AV Hood gaurd, weathertech side windows, tinted front windows, OEM brush guard, AV Tent - My '02 AV - R.I.P.
AHOY

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: 09/27/05 06:08 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else is getting billed the old fahioned way Huh

Bill me and pay by check or credit card.... Shocked

AHOY

'05 Sport Red Z71 cladded, Born 04/05, all options added, amber drls, molded splash guards, AV Hood gaurd, weathertech side windows, tinted front windows, OEM brush guard, AV Tent - My '02 AV - R.I.P.
escheat1
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

ORANGE KRUSH

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: 09/27/05 06:35 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!  I liked the XM in my '05 2500 that I bought 2 Roady 2's for the other cars in the fleet.  The 2500 and the wife's XC are in the family plan.  I think I will call them tomorrow and see if they will honor this for my Camry radio which is considered my primary radio.

If not, I'll wait until next year when the subscription expires.

Now I need 2 WOW stickers!

:O & A PARTY ROCK:

'02 "Y92" Onyx Black (10/25/2002 - 06/09/2005 Thank you old friend)

'05 2500 LT 4X4 Dark Blue/Tan, DVD, NAV XM, Sunroof, LOADED!!! (06/09/2005 - 06/10/2009)

'09 Inferno Orange LTZ / Black Heated and Cooled Leather, Sun Entertainment and Destination Package Factory 20's, Recycled LOF, Bed Extender, K&N, and rear window from the '02 and '05, EGR ventshades & chrome bugguard with orange "old skool" cladding decals, Weathertech sunroof deflector. (06/11/09 - )

'07 Mustang GT Tungsten Grey (7/27/07-
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 09/27/05 07:04 PM »

Now I need 2 WOW stickers!

:O & A PARTY ROCK:

LMAO, I paid 2 years so likely not eligible but I could use a few WOW stickers!

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
AHOY

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: 09/30/05 08:49 AM »

UPDATE

Got into the truck...turned on the radio...XM still up and running Shocked Shocked

So I guess the 'old fashoned way' of receiving a bill and paying by check still exist these days.

I owe a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all of you at CAFCNA for my '$77.00 bucks for one year'.

You rock!

THANKS,
AHOY   

usa1911

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 10/04/05 10:39 AM »

Well, I replied to this post a while back saying that when I called they would not offer me the one year for $77.00 deal.

When I talked with the guy in the customer retention department, he said that if I wait until my 3 month trial expired that I would be hounded to death with offers to renew at that rate.

Well, I let it expire, waited a week and no one called.

I took the initiative and called again and this time they let me renew for one year at $77.00.

They wouldn't renew it for any longer at that price, so I went ahead an gave my CC info and got the deal.

Why they just didn't let me renew for that price when I called the first time beats the heck out of me.

Anyway, if your sub is about ready to expire, you may want to let it go and call them to renew.

YMMV, but you may get the renewal at a better rate than the current rates.

2005 Black Z71 LT 1500 WBH,  17'' wheels, EFILive Custom Tune, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Volant CAI, AVS Wind deflectors, Amber DRL's, Silverstars HI/LO, Chrome Tailgate Letters, Taylor TV 50s, LOF, Nav, Sunroof, Roofrack, Body/Wheel Molding
AViator

More fun per gallon!

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 10/04/05 11:22 AM »

My 3 month new GM vehicle XM free trial expired last week. 

I just got off the phone with the CSR for XM (1-800-998-7900) and I now am set up for the 1 year GM retention special for $77. 

Those of you that have just bought a new Avalanche, or any GM vehicle with XM, when your 3 month trial expires, call the above 800 number!

Chris KH2PM
*SOLD* December 2013
-----------------------
Black '05 2500 Avalanche LT 4x4 ● 496 ● 3.73:1 G80
TNR ● Sunroof ● Rear seat DVD
asgking

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 10/13/05 07:39 PM »

ahh sweet....i've been using the xm antenna with a sirius turner..and its not sounding that great. I think this will make me switch
jjmarsi

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 10/27/05 04:27 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I just got the 1 year for $77...

It took over a half hour and 3 calls because I kept getting "disconnected"... but I got it!

Thanks to all who posted this!

John
MXZ600

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 10/28/05 06:32 AM »

All right! I figured it was worth it for $77. Called and was connected right away. Asked if I received something in the mail and said who knows. Lots of mail just gets thrown away. He then put me on hold to see if I was eligible. Said I was. $77 no tax and should be up and running in a few minutes. THanks for the info. By the way, new AV in June, XM expired in September if that makes a difference.

Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups!
BigBlackAv
Charter Member

BBA status: trading in...check my Garage Sale!

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 10/28/05 06:37 AM »

Nice find....sweet Chief is still hooking up us Av owners....thanks Chief

'07 Midnight Warrior-BAK-TAR-PCIII-V&H Big Shots-Lots of black powder coat!
'03 z71-Onyx Black-Radix with a 4L80E and 14 bolt rear end plus lots of extras!
Red05AV

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 11/04/05 04:43 PM »

I just did it also for the year for $77.  Thanks a bunch Cool!

2005 Victory Red Avalanche 4x4 ~ Amber DRL's ~ 6" RCD Suspension Lift ~ 33" BFG A/T's ~ Mickey Thompson Classic Lock 16" Wheels~ Manik Nurf Bars ~ Carriage Works Grille ~ AMI Locking Fuel Door ~ Flowmaster 70 ~ Cargo Box Spring Mod. ~ Rear Headrest Mod. ~ Outlaw CAI ~ MP3 Plug Mod. ~ Trailer Wiring Plug Mod.
HARLEYGIRL

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 01/09/06 11:48 AM »

Just got the $77 special for my CTS!  love The AVA has sirrus, does anyone know of a deal through sirrus?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: