• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cameron Reunion Cruise Sept. 17th

avz66

Charter Member
SM 2009
SM 2007
SM 2004
SM 2003
Well we are going to have it!!!!!

Sept. 17th 2005.

The bigger question is do we make it an overnight trip this time around?

We will recreate the cruise -

1. Meet at the town square for line up and pics. That means the DFW bunch will form up around 8am. Place, TBA.

2. Tour the Milam County Historical Museum
Housed in restored county jail, c. 1895, complete with cells, shackles, and gallows tower. Exhibits of pioneer farm and ranch equipment, rustic household furnishings, and Spartan "fashions" of the frontier. Also Indian artifacts, ranch and trail-driving tack, cowboy gear, and weapons.

3. Eat at the
Texan Cafe
Owned by Mike Wolfe
309 North Travis
Cameron, Texas 76520
(254) 697-6405

4. Drive out to the Wilson-Ledbetter Park

A lush and beautiful 25-acre city park with picnic areas, hike & bike trails, site of historic Brushy Creek iron bridge, and home to many species of wildlife.
For some afternoon fun until time for everyone to depart home. Unless we make it an overnighter - then we can stay all day and go home in the morning after breakfast!

So let's get some feedback on this and start making plans.
The original Cameron GTG was a record setting event at the time - it would be great to have all the original people there and another 50 or so new members.
This event could be a record setting event and let me add it was always a dream of Pete's to have 100 AVs GTG - wouldn't it be great to have it happen at a Reunion of the GTG that was in his Honor!

List of those already interested

Houston - Convoy 7 AVs
Texavfan +1
Gandolphxx and Catlady
Brickhouse AV +1
avz66 and Mrs.Avz66 +3
COWBOY and Sugarbear
fahz
Raymondremy +3

San Antonio - Convoy 4 AVs
Miss Avalanche
SciFiGuy01
Texascwgrl and JJ +2
Musiks

Dallas - Convoy 13 AVs
farmguy and Kittypaws
Vetman +1
angelmack +1
Wayne in Plano
ny_in_tx
Jayhawk +1
dave02z66 (no av?)
f16insp+1
geniek6
txram04 +1
thebeast +2
rcola (from Lubbock joining DFW convoy)
Ladylanche (maybe)
sync (maybe)
Greatwest
txhal900
rxzruby (maybe)

Austin - Convoy 2
Handmade +1
txyank1 +1

New Jersey Convoy 1 AV
mmdavidw

Corpus Christi - Convoy 1 AV
cagal +2 kids Local Chapter Coordinator

Nashville. TN 1 AV
EarthQuake

29 Avs so far

37 Adults and 11 children

If you only make one GTG all year, this is the one.

The Varsity Inn
1004 E. 4th
Cameron, Texas 76520
(254) 697-6446​

Ask for Kathleen Lewis let her know you are with the Avalanche Club and let her know what kind of room you want - a double for 2 adults is a little over 50 bucks. Singles are less.

Now this place only has 40 rooms and they are the only motel in town - so I urge you to call very very soon and reserve your room - they have plenty as of now but may fill as the weeks go by.

ATTENTION ALL:​

TribalAV owner of LASR-SIGNS has donated a prize for those attending the Cameron Cruise to be given away in a drawing.

There are some stipulations, so please read carefully:

1. 50% off regular price
2. Winner must be present at the Cameron GTG to win
3. Winner must be able to come Lockhart for install
4. Winner must be willing to pay a couple hundred bucks
5. Package is for someone who wants something Bad A$$ and is willing to go with a NEVER seen before design and color scheme.
6. Imagination will be the only limitation.
7. One drawing entry per AV owner.

There will be entry forms for the drawing (deadline to enter drawing is 2:15pm) to be held at approximately 2:30p.m. upon arrival in Cameron, please see me (MissAV) for a drawing entry form.

TEXAS, Lets make this BIG!!!

wow, I would love to be able to make this cruise.  I'll already be 1/2 way there working in Hattiesburg, MS.  590 more miles won't be that bad of a drive.

It would be great visiting Temple, Belton and the whole FT Hood area again.  I do have a ? about the prize tribalAv is donating...when would the install be and how long will the install take?  I just pulled most of my decals off and would love to win discounts on new ones...assuming it is decals he donated.

I'm not even a maybe yet, but as the time gets closer, I'll let you know.

B

grnxnam said:
wow, I would love to be able to make this cruise.? I'll already be 1/2 way there working in Hattiesburg, MS.? 590 more miles won't be that bad of a drive.

It would be great visiting Temple, Belton and the whole FT Hood area again.? I do have a ? about the prize tribalAv is donating...when would the install be and how long will the install take?? I just pulled most of my decals off and would love to win discounts on new ones...assuming it is decals he donated.

I'm not even a maybe yet, but as the time gets closer, I'll let you know.

B

I really hope you can make it. This will be a great GTG like no other you will ever go to!

590 miles is well worth it! I'm driving over 1700 miles each way for it and I can't wait to go!

David

mmdavidw said:
I really hope you can make it. This will be a great GTG like no other you will ever go to!

590 miles is well worth it! I'm driving over 1700 miles each way for it and I can't wait to go!

David
funny that you replied just as my sister dropped my mail in my lap...turquoise LED's.  I think I got some of the last few turquoise  neon kits from new level.  Hope they make it tomorrow.  don't guess I need to look for a used set anymore..

590 is what I'll have remaining to drive.  Leaving from Augusta GA a few days before the GTG, stopping in MS.  I'll have to wait to see what my schedule is gonna be there.  Hope to make it.

B

grnxnam said:
funny that you replied just as my sister dropped my mail in my lap...turquoise LED's.? I think I got some of the last few turquoise? neon kits from new level.? Hope they make it tomorrow.? don't guess I need to look for a used set anymore..

590 is what I'll have remaining to drive.? Leaving from Augusta GA a few days before the GTG, stopping in MS.? I'll have to wait to see what my schedule is gonna be there.? Hope to make it.

B

Congrats on the new lights! Looking forward to pictures!

Hope you can make it!

David

Overnighters (party folks)

1. Texavfan
2. Brickhouse AV
3. fahz
4. angelmack
5. avz66 & Mrs.Avz66
6. Miss Avalanche
7. mmdavidw
8. Cowboy  and Sugarbear
9. SciFiGuy01
10. vetman
11. Wayne in Plano
12. Gandolphxx
13. Tribal & Family
14. EarthQuake and Aftershock
15. Ken & Theresa
16. Mooncrab
17. Raul
18. Texascwgrl & Just_Jeepin'
19. Musiks
20. Raymondremy

Apparently you have to go to TOS to get the details. :mad:
So I'll post my pics here. :D

Attachments

• Camres2.jpg
    Camres2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Camres1.jpg
    Camres1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
more

Attachments

• Camres3.jpg
    Camres3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 31
  • Camres4.jpg
    Camres4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 32
more

Attachments

• Camres5.jpg
    Camres5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Camres6.jpg
    Camres6.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 28
more

Attachments

• Camres7.jpg
    Camres7.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Camres8.jpg
    Camres8.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 29
more

Attachments

• Camres9.jpg
    Camres9.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Camres10.jpg
    Camres10.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
more

Attachments

• Camres11.jpg
    Camres11.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Camres12.jpg
    Camres12.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 27
more

Attachments

• Camres13.jpg
    Camres13.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Camres14.jpg
    Camres14.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 26
more

Attachments

• CamCH.jpg
    CamCH.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 35
  • CamBirdseye.jpg
    CamBirdseye.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 34
more

Attachments

• CamMus2.jpg
    CamMus2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 34
  • CamMus3.jpg
    CamMus3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 34
last ones

Attachments

• DentOff.jpg
    DentOff.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 33
  • CamPrk.jpg
    CamPrk.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 33
I do have one more. The bugs were pretty bad coming in from Lake Livingston. :eek:

Attachments

• DukesBugs.jpg
    DukesBugs.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 31
Back