• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Keys In Ignition...truck Running...doors Locked!!

Av3

Charter Member
Went out to my truck yesterday morning and started it up and turned on the seat warmers then shut the door. Came back a few minutes later and couldn't open the door they were all locked!!!! I was locked out of the house too 'cause I locked the door and walked out. I don't remember doing it but I must have hit the manual door lock slide thingy and closed the truck door. My Onstar had just ran out two weeks ago and I didn't renew it Som beaach!! Any way when I got the truck open I tried to lock the doors by hitting the door lock button...as expected it unlocked the door automatically...so then I locked it manually and shut the door (this time I was inside ;D) the locks didn't open automatically. Soooo don't manually lock you doors while the truck is running!!!

I didn't realize that the AV had "manual"door locks... what are those?!? >:D I haven't moved one in years!! heheheeh

Av3 said:
My Onstar had just ran out two weeks ago and I didn't renew it Som beaach!!
You never miss it unitl it's gone. Hmmm... Maybe I will renew it when it runs out in a couple of months.

So, how did you finally get it open?

-- SS

My brother has a key to my house, so I called him at work (happened to have my cell phone in my pocket) and he came over and unlocked my house. He works about 2 miles from me so it was no big deal. Now I have a spare key to the house hidden outside.

Ewwww that stinks!! :7: I would have been one upset puppy. You never did tell us how you got in. Hanger, hammer, brick, or the friendly neighborhood locksmith?

Ouch! I had that happen in my Suburban with an aftermarket security system...I was mad and broke the window. That security system came out shortly after that!

Failsafe is an oxymoron.

OOPPS THE REST OF THE STORY......I got the spare set of keys from inside the house. It took about 10 minutes to remember where they were, I moved about 2 months ago and they were in a cigar box--inside another box--in a closet. Never needed the spares (until then).

av3, after having av a year, i just did the same thing.

started up truck, went for a quickie wash job on it, while it was warming up, and uh oh, locked out.
i do not remember hitting lock button , but, i did have my spare key, hidden under av, on a key ring, split circle.

had to lie down in wet driveway, get key, and get in to av.
finally realized its a good idea, to have key hidden under truck, and it came in handy..!

Only if you try to lock it with the power locks. If you lock it manually, better have OnStar and a cell phone handy.

Back