• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cook-Out at my house. July 2nd-12:00 P.M.

NorthFace-of-NW-IN

SM 2003
Hello all,

The Date is set to July 2nd. The doors will open at noon with some appetizers (shrimp cocktail), but the food won't be ready 'till about 2:00 p.m.

If you are late don't worry we will be cooking all afternoon >:D >:D

Show of hands please to let me know if you can attend. (y)

I need to know who is coming (numbers) so I can get enough meat for everyone ;D, I need to know this by the day before the cookout. I will ask for the attending members to bring a dish to share ;D, and any "favorite" drinks you may like >:D. We will have the regular stuff (coke, pepsi, sprite, diet coke ) :p

Also to the members attending, could you please bring chairs for yourselves because we have a limited amount of chairs here at the house.? :) THANKS :)

Please let me know how this works out for everyone,

See you all later

David

Attending:

1.? ?Flint4x4 (2)
2.? ?Z66 Butch (2)
3.? ?Main One (2)
4.? ?Avialanche (1)
5.? ?Mdz66 (2)
6.? ?Shanes 02 Avalanche (1)
7.? ?StrobinAvalanche (1)
8.?? The Mox (maybe)
9. Tanc Crusher (maybe)

I'm off July 2-18, 23-25 & July 30-Aug 8 and have no concrete plans but Wendy makes all the decisions around here.? :rolleyes: Yes, I am off 30 out of 38 days. I hope to make it to a few AV GTGs this summer.? :cool:

Loren  :B:

Depending on the temp and If you have lots of shade we may be there! I don't do heat to well.........I would vote for Saturday or Sunday before the 4th.

Butch

Sounds like fun.  :D  So far, I don't have any definite plans for the 4th of July weekend.  Is there any place nice to camp nearby?  So far, my calendar is much freer in early July than it is in late July.

Well it looks like we will be getting together on the weekend of the 4th of July.? ;D ;D

I think Saturday July 2nd may work best for all, and allow us to spend time with family on the 4th. :)

I will assume that Flint4x4, Z66 Butch, MainOne, and Avialanche are attending. If that is the case please let me know how many, if that is not the case let me know also. Thank you. ???

I will keep the first post uptaded with the members attending. :0:

In a few more days if there are no more date sugestions I will set the date for July 2nd. (y)

Talk to you all later

David

Z66 BUTCH said:
Depending on the temp and If you have lots of shade we may be there! I don't do heat to well.........I would vote for Saturday or Sunday before the 4th.

Butch

Butch,

We have a few trees in the back yard, and we have some shade somewhere in the yard all day, also I have a fold-away 10'x10' canopy, and will have the garage cleared up. Which also means we will have this gtg rain or shine. ( it may be a little tight if it rains :E:)

Hope to see you then.

David

Sounding good! I think it will just be Joan & I. We will leave the dogs at the sitters.

Butch

Where is your approximate location??

Northwest Indiana, I would suspect... ;D

Just looking at possibilities

The MOX

Flint4x4 said:
Wendy makes all the decisions around here.? :rolleyes:?

June 26th will be our 18th wedding anniversary, I've learned not to give her time to change her mind so I haven't told her about the Cook-Out/GTG yet.? >:D She gets nervous about meeting new people but loses the shyness quickly.

Just the 2 of us, July 1st is my last night at work before model change. I should be able to manage 4-5 hrs sleep and get there by noon. One positive, I can buy FIREWORKS! there that I can't buy here before the 4th.  :0:

Main One said:
Any good places to tent camp nearby?

The closest campgrounds are about an hour away. Don't know how good they are since I don't camp that much(once in 5 years) 

A nice place is called Willow Slough on US-41, I go there to fish(once or twice a year) and use my firearms at the range. Nice facilities for primitive camping.

Sorry I can't help more.

Hope to see you soon

David

Main One, we camped at a state park up north once with a little GTG with the MI folks. We stayed at Tippecanoe River State Park that is just south of KNOX Indiana. We scouted another State Park that is north of there but I do not remember the name of that park.  We did find the camping places were a little thinner as you got closer to Chicago! There is the DUNES State Park and a few others but not knowing just where NF lives I do not know how far they would be from him.  I do know that some holiday weekends you would need to reserve a site EARLY and some even require a 2 night stay.

Butch

I will have to ask the boss, but its a maybe. The dunes park will be impossible that weekend for sure. I've tried that one before on a normal weekend, no way.

We are in as far west as you can go in IN before hitting IL (can walk to IL from my backyard) and about 35 miles south of Chicago.

I hope that helps some members see if they will be able to make it or not.

Actually Willow Slough is closer to my house than Tippecanoe or The Dunes.

Later

David

Z66 BUTCH said:
we camped at a state park up north with MI folks at Tippecanoe River State Park that is just south of KNOX Indiana.

Detroit is "down south" to alot of us MI folks. Michigan is over 50% forest, "up north" means unspoiled woods, lakes, rivers,...but then Detroiters vacation "up north" in my area  :D  Cool part is I can reach the Mackinaw Bridge in less than 7 hrs, Niagara Falls in 4hrs and Chicago area in less than 3 hrs.

I'll be followng this and thinking about what kinda dish to bring.

Loren

Sorry its a no, we (she says) have something to do that day with her family  :(

I asked my wife and she didn't say NO, well actually she didn't answer me. She knows I want to visit with fellow AV owners and hopefully I'll have my new Goodmark ramair/cowl hood to show off.? ?:cool:? I want to see Butch's paint and wood too. Oh, and since it's in Pacers country and I'm from Pistons land I promise not to throw beverages and/or punches.? :p

I could always pop up the AV-tent with canopy for tailgate seating if it rains or for an extra shady spot for Butch.  :D

Flint4x4 said:
I asked my wife and she didn't say NO, well actually she didn't answer me. She knows I want to visit with fellow AV owners and hopefully I'll have my new Goodmark ramair/cowl hood to show off.? ?:cool:? I want to see Butch's paint and wood too. Oh, and since it's in Pacers country and I'm from Pistons land I promise not to throw beverages and/or punches.? :p

I could always pop up the AV-tent with canopy for tailgate seating if it rains or for an extra shady spot for Butch.? :D

Hey, put your air mattress in there and when it's nap time you will know where to find me!

Butch

Hi David, Sounds like fun there. At his time I cannot confirm this. If anyone here knows me then they know I work way to much. So far 6 weeks every single day. Longer hours on the weekends. I have been trying to get up to O'Charleys monthly meet but no luck. Tomorrow I might be able to get there if I get done early. Need to find out about what time it is.

If I don't make it have fun everybody.  What day is it again ??? Oh Firday.
Brian

Tanc Crusher said:
Hi David, Sounds like fun there. At his time I cannot confirm this. If anyone here knows me then they know I work way to much. So far 6 weeks every single day. Longer hours on the weekends. I have been trying to get up to O'Charleys monthly meet but no luck. Tomorrow I might be able to get there if I get done early. Need to find out about what time it is.

If I don't make it have fun everybody.? What day is it again ??? Oh Firday.
Brian

NO EAT AND GREET THIS MONTH! We will be in Anderson Indiana at the Mounds Mall at a car show from 10 AM till ?? and after that we will be at my house. Stop by if you get the chance!

Butch

As many of you already know, we are patiently awaiting the arrival of the newest "Mongo".  Doc says he'll be here anytime in the next two weeks.  So I think we will have to sit this one out for now.....
:sleep:

Wendy and I are a definite go, PM me the address so I can Mapquest it. Anyone up for horseshoes ? if you have a place to play I usually have my shoes/stakes/5 lb hammer in my side bin. Side-dish suggestions, Wendy's cookin'  ;D  Friday is my last night for model change, GM can make us work 12 hour shifts before & after change.

Loren

Wendy was trying to back out since I told her how long a drive it is however I'm going to give in to blackmail. The blackmail involves taking her to a Neil Diamond concert a month later.? :rolleyes:

Dave has a pretty big back yard,  plenty of room for tents,  but railroad tracks border one side of the property,  however it won't bother me,  i'm deaf ;D ;D.

Back