• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking for advise on perf mods

paupack1

SM 2005
Got about 3,000 miles on my 05 WBH Blue Beast, the AEM Brute force seems to work well, now getting ready to have the Corsa Touring installed next week.  Plan to use my AV for some medium/light but long distance towing ( my boat pkg weighs in at about 3,000 lbs) and I have the 3.42 gears. (I'm not looking to burn up the road but I do like to have a little fun, maybe I'll end up changing gears to 4.10 but I'm hoping for decent performance from what I have now. )  Please give me your thoughts. Do I need to get a PCM programer ?? Which one and what settings make sense, also do or should I be using Tow/Haul ?? I think the owners manual says it's only needed with heavier loads. Thanks for your feedback.

I would use tow/haul and if it wants to down shift any at highway speed just leave it in 3dr gear! Your trans will run cooler in 3rd and it will not use much more gas.

Butch

the 3.42 gears will limit the offline performance....

I forgot chevy had the 3.42 as standard now....

changing them to the 3.72?? or 4.1  would be huge improvement for towing....

ygmn said:
the 3.42 gears will limit the offline performance....

I forgot chevy had the 3.42 as standard now....

changing them to the 3.72?? or 4.1? would be huge improvement for towing....

3.73 or 4.10's would probably be th best bang for you bucks but a programer will help.  As Butch said use tow/haul with 3000#.

Back