• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"Pinealanche" takes 3rd at Regionals

RockyMtnShowtime

Austin's "Pinealanche" came in 3rd place at the Denver Pinewood Derby Regionals this morning. All the cars & our truck (the only one there) raced 8 times and they averaged the times for all 8 races to get the winners. The "Pinealanche" averaged 4.185 losing to the winner who averaged 4.105. It was a great time and my boy was so excited winning his first ever trophy.  (y)

Attachments

• Pictures 008.jpg
    Pictures 008.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Pictures 009.jpg
    Pictures 009.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 97
Oh, so cool!  Tell him "Congratulations!"

You guys did pretty dang good for your first Pinewood Derby season!    (y)

TTYL,

-Joe

Thanks Joe. It was a lot of fun. We learned a few things along the way for next year.? :0:

He had to learn about not always coming in 1st place, but he did well. He finnished 1st in 5 of 8 races. I'm proud of him.? :love:

The race was held at Lowes in Aurora. They were great. Set it up in the store.

Heres are a couple of pics and the winners together.

Lloyd

Attachments

• Pictures 007.jpg
    Pictures 007.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Pictures 001.jpg
    Pictures 001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 85
RockyMtnShowtime said:
Austin's "Pinealanche" came in 3rd place at the Denver Pinewood Derby Regionals this morning. All the cars & our truck (the only one there) raced 8 times and they averaged the times for all 8 races to get the winners. The "Pinealanche" averaged 4.185 losing to the winner who averaged 4.105. It was a great time and my boy was so excited winning his first ever trophy.? (y)

Way to go Austin!  ;D

I LOVE that story, thanks for keeping us updated on the finals!

Austin, you should be so excited for getting such a nice trophy!!  We're very proud that another Avalanche is a big winner, thanks for representing us so well!  :love: :love: :love:

Christine

Back