Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do you Want your Local Chapter?  (Read 30400 times)

mhough

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • Mi boyz is smartar then ur honur studant!
Re: How Do you Want your Local Chapter?
« Reply #50 on: 08/07/07 06:01 PM »

Yes there are several around me!!!  I've tagged quite a few of them... I think I saw you drive by when you were in town - I was standing outside our building - behind Starbucks.... it was a DGM with chrome rims and ambers

I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.
I am a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac.  I lay awake at night wondering if there really is a doG.

First2Hunt 04

• I Love My 04, Modded Z71 Av Missile Launcher
« Reply #51 on: 08/07/07 07:10 PM »

Hey there mhough, I wish that I lived near you, I'd come to your GTG's that's for sure, how are you doing?  I have been attending GTG's over in the Lansing, Michigan area here of late.  I have to drive 51/2 hours to get there, but that Michigan crew host some great mod GTG's.  I will be driving there for the third time in two months, this Friday for a fun GTG.  Take care mhouh, are you attending STI V?  I am, see you one of these days!  Stan  :wave:  :B:
04 WBH, All Options, 8 Train Horns, American Flag Bug Shield, Hvy Tinted Windows, Window Vent Shields, Chrome Tail Gate Handle & Tail Light Trim, Leather, Bushwaker Fender Flairs, K&N Air Induction, Flowmaster 40, Amber DRL'S, Billet Grill, Ultra Silverstar Hi & Lo's, Grn Sequential LED'S & Neon's Behind Grill, 20 Strobes, Orange Neon Under Av, Chrome Body Moldings, Door Edge Gds, Stainless Tail Gate letters, Nerf Bars, Line Of Fire, WAAG Front Runner Bumper Guard, Optima Yellow Top, Power Tail Gate Mod.

First2Hunt 04

• I Love My 04, Modded Z71 Av Missile Launcher
« Reply #52 on: 08/07/07 07:18 PM »

Hey mhough, I checked the attendees list for STI V, I see that you and the Mrs. are attending, great, see you in October, bring some shine, laugh laugh!  :4:  :thumbsup:  :B:
04 WBH, All Options, 8 Train Horns, American Flag Bug Shield, Hvy Tinted Windows, Window Vent Shields, Chrome Tail Gate Handle & Tail Light Trim, Leather, Bushwaker Fender Flairs, K&N Air Induction, Flowmaster 40, Amber DRL'S, Billet Grill, Ultra Silverstar Hi & Lo's, Grn Sequential LED'S & Neon's Behind Grill, 20 Strobes, Orange Neon Under Av, Chrome Body Moldings, Door Edge Gds, Stainless Tail Gate letters, Nerf Bars, Line Of Fire, WAAG Front Runner Bumper Guard, Optima Yellow Top, Power Tail Gate Mod.

mhough

« Reply #53 on: 08/11/07 08:38 PM »

Hey mhough, I checked the attendees list for STI V, I see that you and the Mrs. are attending, great, see you in October, bring some shine, laugh laugh!  :4:  :thumbsup:  :B:
Ugh, sunshine we have plenty of that!  And the heat that goes along with it.  Yeah, we're on the list, but things need to shape up here before I start making reservations and such.  We are having a  :E: time here lately.

We're keeping our fingers crossed!

I am a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac.  I lay awake at night wondering if there really is a doG.

Bee Sting

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: 08/12/07 09:54 AM »

I voted for monthly organized, but of coarse as you know there is reallly noone from my area, only one GTG has been fairly nearby and that is the Poconos, but can we changed that date because I'm away AGAIN ?   :laugh: :laugh:

I am planning on traveling to other GTG's, but if someone would like to donate a GPS system to my, I Don't know how to follow directions cause, that would be wonderful . :laugh:
Yellow "03"Avalanche
All 4's on high, Fire and Storm line of fire, sport wing, decals, disco lights, scanners.

GTG's attended.. MI, NC, FL, PA, NJ, WV,NY & TN in 3 weeks :O)

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #55 on: 11/24/07 05:17 AM »

We discussed this topic at the Blue Knights Toy Run and it's still a problem to get the majority of local AV owners to attend GTGs.
We had our largest turnout ever in the past 3 years and it was 12 Avs and half of them were from NC. Glad they showed up as well as MD. too.  :4:
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

Aussie Red

• CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member
  • The Black Pearl
« Reply #56 on: 01/28/08 01:07 PM »

my input may be of little worth but here it is. I went to the 2008 Laughlin gtg and had a great time for the most part. There were a few little glitches but nothing to write home about lol. I saw some room for improvement in a certain area and I think others agreed so I bet it is handled. As for me what I loved and would love to see a bit more of is just the run it's self. There was nothing more breath taking then a line of loved and well cared for Av's running in a group like we did going to Lake Havasu. Avalanche pride is something to behold ! It would be great to see this type of event at least every 3 months for just a scheduled run and of more then 20 miles or so I am talking about 100 miles one way lol. Massive line of awesome trucks do lunch and head back together.

Flint4x4

• Silent Avalanche - In Memorial
« Reply #57 on: 05/15/08 11:53 AM »

my input may be of little worth but here it is.....

...a scheduled run and of more then 20 miles or so I am talking about 100 miles one way lol.
Massive line of awesome trucks do lunch and head back together. 

with today's gas prices  :o 

Everyone's input counts, I like your idea but it would be hard to pull off once let alone regularly.

I'd like to do one where we drive up to the Mackinac Bridge
'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016

Vaeagleav

« Reply #58 on: 10/25/08 08:26 AM »

Still and issue in Virginia and I have seen other states have trouble finding cruise coordinators and have GTG attendance too. I know the gas prices and the economy don't help with long distance GTG.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Aussie Red

• CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member
  • The Black Pearl
« Reply #59 on: 10/26/08 08:11 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: When I posted that gas was not that high  :laugh:
Still like to see more runs then just sitting at the burger shack but then that is fun too. I think we could at least have a meet up spot and cruise a few miles getting there AND a few miles back. I feel that a line of trucks gets attention rather then traveling alone meeting up and then leaving alone. I think it would get more involved and maybe do a club meeting over lunch and then turn to fun and talk also plan a cruise once every three months due to gas prices.

mhough

« Reply #60 on: 11/06/08 09:31 AM »

My "Local" chapter of 1 needs to have a Tagging Drive.  I 've handed out more than 50 tags last year and not one bite.  Kind of disappointing.....  I mean shesh, doesn't anyone else around me love this truck as much as I do?   :needhug:

Vaeagleav

« Reply #61 on: 01/22/10 06:44 AM »

Any new comments?
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

CodeBlueEMT

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: 01/22/10 07:23 PM »

We just GTG whenever the urge strikes.

Sunday, AFC and NFC championship GTG. Invites went out today.

Super Bowl party, same deal.

It works well for us.

gfdeputy2

« Reply #63 on: 05/21/14 08:54 AM »

Don't know if there is even a local chapter here?
2004  sport red metallic Z71

Vaeagleav

« Reply #64 on: 05/21/14 09:01 AM »

Don't know if there is even a local chapter here?
You might find something under your state section, postings near you etc. Otherwise you may have to be the one to try organizing a local chapter by tagging AVs you see and making posts in your state area with suggestions.....any way good luck with getting things going!
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Flint4x4

• Silent Avalanche - In Memorial
« Reply #65 on: 06/17/14 08:51 AM »

You might find something under your state section, postings near you etc. Otherwise you may have to be the one to try organizing a local chapter by tagging AVs you see and making posts in your state area with suggestions.....any way good luck with getting things going!

Valid points, Michigan was idle when I found the club ten years ago. I messaged MI members and posted a lot, greeted any new member promptly, gave up on trying to organize a GTG but gave it another shot. I've never got one person to join by tagging or talking to them but others have.

I didn't ever intend to shape MI, I just wanted to have fun and meet new people. It was frustrating but once we got the ball rolling it shaped itself. I may have rolled the first snowball but all the credit since belongs to our club members.

I think I left a mark, we don't have a real structure or leader.  :laugh:

'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.