Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/23/14 09:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Poll
Question: How organized do you like your local chapter?
Just occasional GTGs in parking lot. - 13 (11.1%)
A GTG with a carshow or restraunt involved. - 27 (23.1%)
Monthly GTG set in advance with various events. - 44 (37.6%)
Organized monthly meetings with chapter officers and planned events. - 12 (10.3%)
Organized chapter sponsored by local dealership with officers and charity or other events. - 15 (12.8%)
None of the above,just show up at somebody else's event. - 3 (2.6%)
Don't care about local chapter just want to drive my AV. - 3 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 117

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do you Want your Local Chapter?  (Read 21414 times)
mhough
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Mi boyz is smartar then ur honur studant!

Awards
« Reply #50 on: 08/07/07 06:01 PM »

Yes there are several around me!!!  I've tagged quite a few of them... I think I saw you drive by when you were in town - I was standing outside our building - behind Starbucks.... it was a DGM with chrome rims and ambers

I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.
I am a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac.  I lay awake at night wondering if there really is a doG.
First2Hunt 04

I Love My 04, Modded Z71 Av Missile Launcher

Awards
« Reply #51 on: 08/07/07 07:10 PM »

Hey there mhough, I wish that I lived near you, I'd come to your GTG's that's for sure, how are you doing?  I have been attending GTG's over in the Lansing, Michigan area here of late.  I have to drive 51/2 hours to get there, but that Michigan crew host some great mod GTG's.  I will be driving there for the third time in two months, this Friday for a fun GTG.  Take care mhouh, are you attending STI V?  I am, see you one of these days!  Stan  Wave  chevy

04 WBH, All Options, 8 Train Horns, American Flag Bug Shield, Hvy Tinted Windows, Window Vent Shields, Chrome Tail Gate Handle & Tail Light Trim, Leather, Bushwaker Fender Flairs, K&N Air Induction, Flowmaster 40, Amber DRL'S, Billet Grill, Ultra Silverstar Hi & Lo's, Grn Sequential LED'S & Neon's Behind Grill, 20 Strobes, Orange Neon Under Av, Chrome Body Moldings, Door Edge Gds, Stainless Tail Gate letters, Nerf Bars, Line Of Fire, WAAG Front Runner Bumper Guard, Optima Yellow Top, Power Tail Gate Mod.
First2Hunt 04

I Love My 04, Modded Z71 Av Missile Launcher

Awards
« Reply #52 on: 08/07/07 07:18 PM »

Hey mhough, I checked the attendees list for STI V, I see that you and the Mrs. are attending, great, see you in October, bring some shine, laugh laugh!    Thumbs up!  chevy

04 WBH, All Options, 8 Train Horns, American Flag Bug Shield, Hvy Tinted Windows, Window Vent Shields, Chrome Tail Gate Handle & Tail Light Trim, Leather, Bushwaker Fender Flairs, K&N Air Induction, Flowmaster 40, Amber DRL'S, Billet Grill, Ultra Silverstar Hi & Lo's, Grn Sequential LED'S & Neon's Behind Grill, 20 Strobes, Orange Neon Under Av, Chrome Body Moldings, Door Edge Gds, Stainless Tail Gate letters, Nerf Bars, Line Of Fire, WAAG Front Runner Bumper Guard, Optima Yellow Top, Power Tail Gate Mod.
mhough

Awards
« Reply #53 on: 08/11/07 08:38 PM »

Hey mhough, I checked the attendees list for STI V, I see that you and the Mrs. are attending, great, see you in October, bring some shine, laugh laugh!    Thumbs up!  chevy
Ugh, sunshine we have plenty of that!  And the heat that goes along with it.  Yeah, we're on the list, but things need to shape up here before I start making reservations and such.  We are having a  banghead time here lately.

We're keeping our fingers crossed!

I am a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac.  I lay awake at night wondering if there really is a doG.
Bee Sting
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #54 on: 08/12/07 09:54 AM »

I voted for monthly organized, but of coarse as you know there is reallly noone from my area, only one GTG has been fairly nearby and that is the Poconos, but can we changed that date because I'm away AGAIN ?   Big laughter with tears Big laughter with tears

I am planning on traveling to other GTG's, but if someone would like to donate a GPS system to my, I Don't know how to follow directions cause, that would be wonderful . Big laughter with tears

Yellow "03"Avalanche
All 4's on high, Fire and Storm line of fire, sport wing, decals, disco lights, scanners.

GTG's attended.. MI, NC, FL, PA, NJ, WV,NY & TN in 3 weeks :O)
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #55 on: 11/24/07 06:17 AM »

We discussed this topic at the Blue Knights Toy Run and it's still a problem to get the majority of local AV owners to attend GTGs.
We had our largest turnout ever in the past 3 years and it was 12 Avs and half of them were from NC. Glad they showed up as well as MD. too. 

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
Aussie Red
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

The Black Pearl

WWW Awards
« Reply #56 on: 01/28/08 02:07 PM »

my input may be of little worth but here it is. I went to the 2008 Laughlin gtg and had a great time for the most part. There were a few little glitches but nothing to write home about lol. I saw some room for improvement in a certain area and I think others agreed so I bet it is handled. As for me what I loved and would love to see a bit more of is just the run it's self. There was nothing more breath taking then a line of loved and well cared for Av's running in a group like we did going to Lake Havasu. Avalanche pride is something to behold ! It would be great to see this type of event at least every 3 months for just a scheduled run and of more then 20 miles or so I am talking about 100 miles one way lol. Massive line of awesome trucks do lunch and head back together.
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #57 on: 05/15/08 11:53 AM »

my input may be of little worth but here it is.....

...a scheduled run and of more then 20 miles or so I am talking about 100 miles one way lol.
Massive line of awesome trucks do lunch and head back together. 

with today's gas prices  Shocked 

Everyone's input counts, I like your idea but it would be hard to pull off once let alone regularly.

I'd like to do one where we drive up to the Mackinac Bridge

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #58 on: 10/25/08 08:26 AM »

Still and issue in Virginia and I have seen other states have trouble finding cruise coordinators and have GTG attendance too. I know the gas prices and the economy don't help with long distance GTG.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
Aussie Red
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

The Black Pearl

WWW Awards
« Reply #59 on: 10/26/08 08:11 PM »

Big laughter with tears Big laughter with tears When I posted that gas was not that high  Big laughter with tears
Still like to see more runs then just sitting at the burger shack but then that is fun too. I think we could at least have a meet up spot and cruise a few miles getting there AND a few miles back. I feel that a line of trucks gets attention rather then traveling alone meeting up and then leaving alone. I think it would get more involved and maybe do a club meeting over lunch and then turn to fun and talk also plan a cruise once every three months due to gas prices.
mhough

Awards
« Reply #60 on: 11/06/08 10:31 AM »

My "Local" chapter of 1 needs to have a Tagging Drive.  I 've handed out more than 50 tags last year and not one bite.  Kind of disappointing.....  I mean shesh, doesn't anyone else around me love this truck as much as I do?   I need a hug

Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #61 on: 01/22/10 07:44 AM »

Any new comments?

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
CodeBlueEMT
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #62 on: 01/22/10 08:23 PM »

We just GTG whenever the urge strikes.

Sunday, AFC and NFC championship GTG. Invites went out today.

Super Bowl party, same deal.

It works well for us.
gfdeputy2

Awards
« Reply #63 on: 05/21/14 08:54 AM »

Don't know if there is even a local chapter here?

2004  sport red metallic Z71
Vaeagleav

Awards
« Reply #64 on: 05/21/14 09:01 AM »

Don't know if there is even a local chapter here?
You might find something under your state section, postings near you etc. Otherwise you may have to be the one to try organizing a local chapter by tagging AVs you see and making posts in your state area with suggestions.....any way good luck with getting things going!

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #65 on: 06/17/14 08:51 AM »

You might find something under your state section, postings near you etc. Otherwise you may have to be the one to try organizing a local chapter by tagging AVs you see and making posts in your state area with suggestions.....any way good luck with getting things going!

Valid points, Michigan was idle when I found the club ten years ago. I messaged MI members and posted a lot, greeted any new member promptly, gave up on trying to organize a GTG but gave it another shot. I've never got one person to join by tagging or talking to them but others have.

I didn't ever intend to shape MI, I just wanted to have fun and meet new people. It was frustrating but once we got the ball rolling it shaped itself. I may have rolled the first snowball but all the credit since belongs to our club members.

I think I left a mark, we don't have a real structure or leader.  Big laughter with tears

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: